Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Survey: How many of you have seen a TG person/CD out in public?

I?ve seen ?Hannah? as she calls herself both ringing and bagging at my local Hannaford?s. Possibly in transition, haven?t asked.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I totally understand this thread but it makes me kind of sad. "I spotted one last week". We are not an endangered species. We are in abundance and growing in number. Xxxxx

The one that comes to mind was last year at our state fair. She had multi colored hair, and her makeup was good but not right for the venue or her casual attire, first clue. The other give always were the way she ate and her walk both way more male than female.

I have seen about 4 i think, maybe 5. I work in the service industry and see many people every day. I may have come across more but didn't notice. The youngest i would say way 12 -13 as they whent to the mens restroom but was clearly wearing a bra under their t-shirt and yoga pants on. Pretty sure but not absolutely sure he was a boy at burth by the way he waked and their voice. Stood with parents while they pais for their fuel and snacks. Unfortunately my teen coworker made a rude comment on boy should only dress as boys, his father is very religious about things like that. I spoke up and said God loves us all, and who are we to judge some because they a a little different The rest where adults, and i treat them like i would want to be treated as i do with everyone. As I always say life would be boring if we were all the same.

Had a chance encounter with a sister in Oxford UK Last week. Was leaving a restaurant. Her make up was immaculate.My attention was drawn to her as she was taller than me. I am 6ft tall . She was wearing an ID pass with her name on it which gave the game away. She was attending a TG conference. She was the most glamorous woman in the room.Good on her. I was impressed.
    Last edited by Debbie Denier; 09-05-2022 at 03:49 PM.

Aspiring Member
    i saw a cd this weekend. it was my wife wearing a mens sweater . I told her she was a cross dresser too and its not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniellaUK View Post
    I totally understand this thread but it makes me kind of sad. "I spotted one last week". We are not an endangered species. We are in abundance and growing in number. Xxxxx
    True, but by the look of it, the great majority of us seems to be thriving (if at all) in captivity. It's exciting to see more of us roaming "in the wild", so to speak.

It would be funny if a member of this forum unwittingly reported seeing another member.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Prior to the pandemic, I would see different ones out and about. A few I would see quite often, mostly out shopping, stopping to get a quick coffee, etc. Now that we're hopefully post-pandemic, everyone seems more low-profile.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniellaUK View Post
    I totally understand this threa but it makes me kind of sad. "I spotted one last week". We are not an endangered species. We are in abundance and growing in number. Xxxxx
    As of now, there are 6,200+ views of this thread.

I would say most of the responses indicate they have seen a handful of individuals over the past, with the past ranging up to multiple years. In short, not many.

Yet I read frequent posts here about the apocryphal inappropriately dressed CD who is seen everywhere ruining it for the rest of us, when in reality none of us seem to have seen any of them--or rarely--out in the wild.

Again, my message is the biggest obstacle in many cases is our own fears.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

As a nurse, I have taken care of a few. Just asked what they wanted to be called if they had a male name and went on with life. All seemed to be happy if treated as female.

Stana weighs in

Related to this topic, Stana offers her thoughts.

http://www.femulate.org/2022/09/the-iceberg.html
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    If I don't count church, where there are 3 or 4, I would say a couple times a year.
    I want to go to your church

Was out shoe shopping at DSW today and there was a younger CD (late 20's, early 30's) three people behind me on the check-out line.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Around 2 years ago I had seen a CD enfemme come into the Columbus Circle latin joint I was getting breakfast at with my wife. She has 2 young boys with her and looked uncomfortable. My wife noticed her five o'clock shadow when she went to the restroom.

NYC don't care what you dress as.

It happens from time to time. I always admire their courage for getting out to be themselves. As for the stereotype, I believe I see more cisgender women dressed outrageously than transgender men. I'm not sure I would notice a transgender man, since I am attracted to women, not men.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

I have seen many.
    I grew up in Paris (France) and I've always seen CDs in the streets, even if they were more in the Gay district, which was safer for them.
    Today I live in a large French town and frankly in the last 10 years I have seen more and more CDs or Trans going on their business openly. I saw at least one young men per week mixing Female and Male attire (non binary or gender fluid probably) walking in the street or at the grocery store. Nobody cares. I am so happy for this new (metropolitan) generation to have the opportunity to create their own non-gendered style !
    Just last month I crossed near our city hall in the middle of the day a high thin guy wearing a black fishnet dress, matched red panty and bra, low heels, light make-up and natural low bun. He didn't want to blend at all and of course a lot of people were staring at him/her. Two months ago a customer in the line before me at the supermarket was a CD (or a Trans) wearing a casual women outfit and no one blinked. Etc.
    And you know what ? Yesterday I was watching TV and thought to myself that one of the political journalists looked like a trans woman. So I checked later on the Net and I was right, and she is a trans rights activist too !

I've only seen a few that I was sure of and I have seen few that had me guessing. This is excluding drag or gay bars where I have seen many some even had me guessing there because they looked so good. I think there are probably see more out there but they pass well and are not over done. Beautiful women trans or not always turn my head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    Of course I have and usually I’m jealous it’s not me!

Yes, even in my small town. More often lately, which is wonderful.

Lots of us are out there. I see others fairly frequently now. More than I used to. And a lot of us, even when we don’t pass well to our own judgement, are managing to at least blend and be accepted. We’ve always been there. But times have changed sufficiently for more of us to dare being visible. Not perfectly accepting of us, by any measure. But more tolerant, in general. Even among those who virulently hate us, they fully understand there are many others who do not share in their hate.

Part of it, though, is I think that once you are CD or Trans yourself and going out into the general public, you become somewhat hyper-aware of your own tells, and you start looking for them more in others. Not so much consciously, as in seeking others out. But rather, you mentally analyze what you perceive as your own ‘glaring flaws’, comparing yourself to ‘normal people’… only to find that, yes, your shoulders are ‘too broad’, or you’re ‘too tall’, or whatever, but that the diversity of human life encompasses plenty of cisgender people who are even further from idealized averages.

Average people are also far less observant than you give them credit for. They see what they expect to see, and assume they understand things around themselves, based solely on quick first general impressions. Dress like an outrageous drag queen and walk through a supermarket, and sure, they will notice you. Dress and act appropriately to the setting, and they often can’t be bothered to give you more than a passing glance. They may do a double take if they directly interact with you, and look at you more carefully, or get hit by a voice or other trait that is far off the mark from what they thought they saw when they glanced at you. But even then, they tend now to just shrug it off and act as if they saw nothing unusual.

And yes, we’re more a part of the public consciousness now. The cisgender community knows we are here, has a better understanding of us. And regardless if they accept us or not, they know most of us are not going back into the closet. So even when we don’t pass, many people will politely act as if we do.
    Last edited by Ceera; 09-16-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Ceera, thank you for your post. I agree with everything up to your last paragraph. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I don't think we crossdressers are part of the public consciousness yet. We are lumped in with trans people (and the public can't tell the difference when they see us en femme), and the controversy over providing hormones and surgery to minors has inflamed the haters' rhetoric. I just don't think the average person has the knowledge of the trans spectrum, which we crossdressers are on. (The first things our wives/SO's ask when we come out to them are whether we're gay or planning to fully transition!) The mainstream media rarely if ever reports on the great diversity of our broad "CD/trans" community. There are too many people who would make the illogical "connection" between someone who advocates puberty blockers for teenagers and those of us who simply enjoy wearing certain kinds of clothing. That connection may be true in some cases, but it shouldn't be cause for hatred of all the trans spectrum, and should be approached in rational discussion and debate of the issue.

I have on a few occasions. It has happened at second hand clothing stores and thrift stores. The first time was many years ago when a group of crossdressers came in to a used clothing store we were shopping at They were all wearing dresses and heels. One was talking to the others and I knew when they walked in they were CD. Other times in thrift stores I believe I seen CD's shopping because they were dressed elegantly and shopping for clothing. I will say they all passed really well. They stood out from the rest of the females shopping. The rest of the females were wearing plain slacks and jeans with a regular top and little or no makeup. Which is normal for women in thrift stores.

I have seen one in the wild and she was a train wreck. Looked like a meth head in a dress. All guy from the neck up, sloppily dressed from the neck down. May have just climbed out of a dumpster somewhere. I suppose I could have missed a few convincing CD'ers over the years.

I have seen a couple at drag shows and similar situations, but I don't count them.

This might count, it might not. I worked in Southeast Asia for about a year and a half. Saw lots of TGs, both at places you would expect like girly bars and whatnot, and the completely unexpected like small towns well far away from the capital city.

Some were completely passable, others not quite, but that was more because of their body type, not for a lack of effort.

Not to get too Freudian about it, but sometimes a guy in a dress is just a guy in a dress.

What differentiates CDers, imo, is the evidence of effort.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!