Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Survey: How many of you have seen a TG person/CD out in public?

I was out drinking with a TG last night called Jody, she was amazing and explained everything to me, and she was beautiful

Once at the thrift store, the individual was clearly nervous and visibly shaking. He was dressed a well as he knew how. I was in male mode he kept looking at me. So I grabbed the dress I was looking at and asked if he thought I would look good in it.
    He said for Halloween?
    I said, no do whenever I want to wear it. The interaction was brief but I don?t know what effect I had.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Stopped at tj max yesterday heading home from work. This guy gave me a slightly long glance. As I looked back, I could see the clues. Long hair plucked eyebrows mannerisms. I thought quickly what to say so I asked if we know each other. He said probably. That was the whole encounter.

I was out shopping en femme at Macy's today and one of the guys from the store's display department was fixing up a display while wearing a woman's denim dress.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Surprised to see one at the local grocery store the other day. Young, probably about 18, standing in a aisle, engrossed in texting as I passed by. Wearing a plain A line dress & sandals.

Not a common sight in my small town area...

Yes, on multiple occasions. The first time was in a beer hall in Naha City on Okinawa.

I think I saw a sister yesterday at the drugstore, but I'm not sure.

Her general build was a bit -um- masculine and her hair looked to me like it was a wig.

But like I said - I'm not sure. I couldn't find any obvious giveaways, such as an adam's apple. So - I'll never know.

I was in the lobby of the IDS Tower in Minneapolis, Chrystal Court area, second floor heading towards the walkway. Late summer 1980 just looking around downtown and I saw a "woman" come across the skyway walk and enter the plaza. She looked totally like a woman (may have actually been one) and was dressed in a period white blouse with a patterned white gray Black and Tan skirt with matching open jacket. The skirt had a button effect. She looked like she was a busy secretary as she approached and then her skirt shifted and I got a shot of nylon clad legs then noticed the beige matching heels. She swished the front of her skirt closed and continued walking past and I never saw "her" ever again, but I did look into her face and eyes. I have always been a "dresser" but never thought I would bump into a man in drag. I have been to the big city and sure, have seen the hookers and drag guys out on the street and in the bars but this woman really caught my eye. Not a Charlie's Angles babe by any means but just a working business woman probably late for an appointment after a salad lunch--nothing more. But with my personal instinct I felt I was seeing a man and a real pro right there. Totally passable and blending and as they say "nothing to see here" kind of deal. I am probably wrong but to this day I still get that vibe that I busted her right then and there. I never gestured or glared or anything, and that was it. But whoever she was she was flawless and totally passed. Maybe it was me seeing the urgency or her haste in moving through the crowd quickly which may have stopped any gawkers or pointers or questioners as she looked slightly in a hurry but not miffed---just another day kind of deal. I may have been wrong but I was the only one who suspected. Pretty amazing and I often wonder about that.

I have seen at least 4 or 5 that were definitely men dressed in womans clothing all of the sightings at malls around the MPLS area and mostly during weekdays. That happens to my preferred time to go out dressed in public also. I did approach and have a conversation with a crossdresser in Macys last year I noticed her while I was browsing in the ladies section in male mode her nervous movement caught my attention she was wearing a knee length tight black skirt with a very cute short sleeve white top and low heels I told her she looked great her nervous response was thank you and told me it was her first public outing but with her attention to detail on her outfit and accessories she had definitely been practicing at home.

I've quite a few stories, mostly related to my Uni. days but a few outside too.

To give context I had a lot of random dealings with Northumbria University in the United Kingdom, based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. The one reason you may have heard of it is it entered urban legend back in 1992 on converting from Newcastle Polytechnic as it nearly called itself City University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne (look at the initials). Only UCAS, the student clearing service in the United Kingdom, noticed the initials and managed to stop the name change being adopted. Unofficial link to the story - http://www.geocities.ws/cityuni1992/cityuni1992/ . As it was just pre-web, a proper narrative is hard to find (there are others) though it was briefly reported on local commercial television (Tyne Tees).

During the 1990s, it got the local nickname "The Transvestite University" as three of it's lecturing staff transitioned from male to female. One from design was televised in a floral dress and red, curley wig (think the 80s band T'Pau's "Carol Decker") discussing their decision to go trans as a "family man".

Another, I think Business Studies or Economics, had a course of about 30 students but for the first few lectures got 60 attending to, I guess, take a look at the lady who the previous term had been a man. That one remained towards retirement in the noughties and may had started having to wear wigs again due to male pattern baldness. The other two had moved on by then.

I ran into the third about 1991 as a young student myself around the Haymarket area, in a black and white dress, bobbed blonde hair do and dark hose.

Another random sighting was further into town (nothing to do with the Unis.) where you saw peoples' heads turn as they realised this tall lady in a miniskirt and dark hose was not what she seemed. Nice legs mind.

I also became aware a senior researcher was a closet dresser when a lecturer took the opportunity to out him at a gathering That one was cruel mind and the lecturer should have minded his own business.

Moving on, a senior academic at Imperial College, London just decided one day from that day forward he was going to live as a woman. Mid-term was probably not the time to do it and perhaps the beginning of the academic year might have been better?

Diversity-wise, my current real world workplace does have a few gay and lesbian couples, plus one bi lad (a slip of the tongue gave him away). Trans, I've not come across any. However, there is supposed to be a Trans toilet somewhere.

Oh, and a non-binary person gets on my bus to work. And I had a random encounter going for my bus the other day where someone clearly trans walked past me in women's blouse and pants workwear. Even in Newcastle where the addage "men are men" still applies despite a significant gay-friendly triangle on the south west corner of the city centre (it has it's own Times Square). To be honest, no-one really gives a $#!t bar a few daft kids or drunks.

To finish, there's a well known drag queen in Newcastle who runs karaoke at various pubs in Newcastle called Oephelia Balls. Prepare for alot of verbal abuse, which is part of her act. This is her / him and an interesting read.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...ordie-14483759

She is supposed to have a competitor, however, I've never encountered her.

Sue
    Last edited by Mackem Sue; 08-17-2022 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Minor typographical error.

I see one daily rather Tuesday thru Saturday sometimes Sunday . Her name tag is Kimberly and has the absolute most beautiful long hair. It?s dark brown and as thick as I?ve ever seen. Wears uniform like other employees but no makeup . She never has makeup on bu I?d say maybe 25-28 years old. Always works second shift and I always stop in to get a soda or ice cream on my way to work. Very friendly as well. Haven?t discussed about her being transgender wouldn?t be polite in my opinion but just makes my day seeing her. No one says anything as well btw it?s a Thornton?s gas station everyone stops there. I want to see more and do from time to time. The more exposure the better for us all.

There's a young man who's at least a CDer, or possibly TG who walks his dog around the neighborhood. He sometimes wears a skirt, sometimes a sports bra type top. There's never any attempt to pass. My wife and I have chatted with him once, and I think we'll be chatting with him more. We have dogs too, which is why we bump into him from time to time.

Years ago there was a transwoman who operated a restaurant here. The restaurant was great, but she was very bad at running a business, and couldn't get the hang of it. It folded after a couple of years.

My wife had a coworker who was a transwoman some years back.

Those are the three that pop to mind now.

I had one for a cashier at Target last week when I was there as Natalie. I was a hot mess.

Hair in my face, sunglasses falling off the top of my head, fumbling with my purse. What a rookie.

She was fine, about 65% girl 35% guy. I would think that she was on hormones. She had small breasts and a 6 tall foot frame. Longish hair but a male face, no chin scrubble though.

It is not that I was checking her out but we did stand face to face for about 2 minutes.

Working in an e.r., it was a frequent occurrence. As I'm not, and wasn't, 'out', I got to be a 'fly on the wall' many, many times, overhearing how the other workers thought of the poor crossdressers and transsexuals. Sure, when they were treating the patient, they were all business, always professional, but once out of range of the patient's hearing, the truth came out, and it was never pretty. Little jokes, snickers, laughs at the patient's expense, and of course eventually someone would bring up the 'god will punish him' discussion. If the patient was unlucky enough to need to go to another department for testing, we'd hear about it from the people in the other department at some later hour or date, as they, too, would only see humor in what a crossdresser did.
    On the bright side, no mention of physical violence was ever made.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I see them occasionally, but on the other hand, it's hard to spot those who really blend in. You usually spot only those who don't, like me for example. Anyone looking, can tell that I am a crossdresser. That is why I don't go out fully dressed very often during the day.

I was out with a sister at a mall restaurant just the other day for all the world to see ?
    Just lovely.

Banned Read only
    Saw a sister out in the wild this morning. I felt awkward, not because how they appeared, but because of how I might have appeared. I didn't want them to know I had clocked them, and I didn't want them to think I was judging them. I was trying to completely ignore them as if they were a normal woman, but without looking like I was rudely ignoring them because they were crossdressed/trans.

If they're on this site, and were out this morning in the South West of the UK, I hope that I didn't make you feel uncomfortable in any way - it wasn't you, it was me.

I don't see that many sisters around here (Central NC), but last weekend my wife and I were in CostCo (me in drab mode), and saw a very confident sister. She was very tall, and wearing a short skirt. My first thought was "you go, girl!". It looked like she was shopping with her wife. If you're on here, hello from another CD in your area.

I ran into another sister the other day, I think. She was an LP person at a big-box store. I suppose that she is mtf based on her voice; my first reaction on seeing her was "what a tall, slender, good-looking woman".

My wife and I are visiting New York City. Today we stopped at a coffee shop and the counter person, who appeared to be male, was dressed in a tube top and a skirt. Cute outfit. Not sure my wife noticed.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Junior Member Marie-Claude, France's Avatar
    Back in 2013, I went to skiing with my son in the French Alps, and the person who choose the skis and adjusted them to our boots size was a crossdresser. She was in her 30s, she was attractive, she was dressed normally and her behaviour was not different from anybody else. Everybody was respectful but I noticed some distance in the people who preceded us.

I don't know if my son realized; I was happy to see that the public accepted her and the fact that this person could work normally without being harassed.
    Reading the Gradus ad Parnassum from Johann Fux

Not a one, anywhere...

I have definitely on several different occasions

Not really all that uncommon if you look around.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Twice. Both times while in vacation in Florida. One was on the beach walking wearing a lime green bikini top and bottom. The second was a server in a local restaurant in Clearwater area. She was pleasant, professional and no awkward moments.

Just now in bagel shop. A customer in a tank top, womens athletic shorts. Small bust. At least six feet tall, arms and legs just a bit too muscular. I spoke to her to sort out what line she was in and she had obviously been working her voice. Pretty good but not quite there yet. Her own long curly blond hair. Face was hairless but too strong jawline.
    Another courageous person!