Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey: How many of you have seen a TG person/CD out in public?

Where I live there are quite a lot obvious/candidate crossdressers. Nobody worries about them, but they just don't dress like the other women.

They tend to wear seamed stockings, short skirts, heels and lots of makeup. The other women are generally in ripped jeans and trainers or sandals.

The interesting thing is that in hot weather, all types tend to display lots of bust & visible brassieres. The normal women are careless about their bras, with clashing colours, frumpy styles, dropped straps and bands which ride up.

As somebody who needs to wear a bra full time, I can tell who has been properly fitted, who has selected their bra colour & style and their matching top.

All I can say is that my TG sisters are generally fully busted & firmly brassiered!

Several times but only once when I was dressed up as a woman.

Thanks all. Keep the responses coming.

I would say most of the responses mirror my experience, maybe once or twice a year.

One of my friends also has a nonbinary child, born female, but currently presents male. I've also met about 25 members of our group.

However, as a guest speaker for our group said, when you've met one TG person, you've met one TG person.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

If I don't count church, where there are 3 or 4, I would say a couple times a year.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 08-03-2022 at 12:39 PM.

Daily.
    Of course I'd be the one here to say that :/ , but my life was never sheltered and my lifestyle is not condusive to conservative areas - at - all - ever so that maybe partly why..
    Another reason is that in my particular area of Los Angeles we have a heavy mix of vacationers, homeless folks ( of all kinds) put out by society or family and the mentally ill along with the everyday folks so you have to stay alert.

The two I see daily are this one he's always dressed in a mini skirt , crop top and some kind of heels,wild hair .. started approaching me in March at my community garden plot gate( which is locked ). Always trying to get my attention to help him get rid of someone "following" him.. As a lone GG in LA I make it CLEAR to stay back or go home . Or I stay silent.
    The other is a guy 60+ always in a red velvet dress,black hose and black patent leather booties and make up from another universe and wild wig ..I give him a wide berth also.
    Then my ex husband I sometimes see if he needs to eat , but hes careful about what he wears around me now. No outward dressing .

Then the vacationers always hiding behind their wives with all kinds of oufits.

When you see what I do on a daily basis , the last thing any CD should do is criticize gg's bras....

At this stage of my life I seem to be more comfortable with the androgynous /NB born males who are ok with who they are but wear whatever they want with makeup/ their own hair /piercings/polish/ earrings etc and dont think they are girls. I have to have someone who is ok with who they are with no hidden side .
    Last edited by Dutchess; 08-01-2022 at 09:59 PM.
    IG : Knightress Oxide

I have seen one crossdresser and I had to wonder. He/she looked like a crack addict in a dress. Just a mess, mismatched clothing.

There are a couple:

There was one guy that belonged to a social group I was in. For a while he dressed feminine, but never tried to pass. He just wore the clothes. He was a odd duck anyway, so everyone just took it as "Oh, that's just ****"

There was one homeless guy I'd see from time to time, wandering up and down the streets in a skirt. I don't know his story. I never actually met him. I just saw him as I was driving by.

But generally speaking, "in the wild" sightings are very rare for me.

Three weeks ago, at the Hy-Vee on the northeast side of Madison, WI. Going in, passed a person in a short white dress and high heeled sandals. Only got a short glance, but 'she' had more of a rough look. If I'd had more time, I would.ve said hello.

Years ago, on two occasions, I spotted what was clearly a young teenage male dressed. One was leaving a convinience store, another was in line as a sandwich shop. Both were dressed, but not real convincingly. The vibe I got was of a kinky situation, where a Misgtress ordered them to dress, then go to a place where they would have to interact with store employees, ie humiliation Since presenting as femme is a privlidge, I did not stare -- but I wish I could've given some support.

Reality Check
    If a CD or "TG" had a good enough presentation to pass as a woman, how would we know? We might see one and not even notice?

That said, once I went to a local beauty school for some sort of discount treatment (I forget what) and one of the students had beautiful long blonde hair and a nice set of breasts that she was exposing pretty well, but a pretty prominent adams apple. I'm assuming this was a TG person.

Other than that one time and once long ago in a drug store, I don't recall ever seeing any that I could tell.
    Krisi

There are a lot of TG's out in the public in all types of venues. Many of them spend a lot of time I'm making themselves look female in every way. They do weight and shape training. They spend time on acquiring just the right type of clothing to look stylish, natural and feminine. They never over-dress. The whole package of female appearance and mannerisms is key to their being. That said, I suggest that we see a lot more TG's in public than we realize. They have succeeded so well that they pass perfectly. We can even interact with they and they handle themselves so well and speak so well that we have no idea that they are trans.

Too many to count, but then that's over a great many years.
    Yes, I'm old. Now get off my lawn!
    Used to run into the same trans-woman at the supermarket almost weekly, and once saw a CD there shopping as Dorothy Gale, right down to the patent leather Mary Jane's.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    If none of us have seen all that many, then perhaps not many of us actually DO go out in public after all (Save for a FEW here) OR those of us that do go out must be very good at "Passing".

Yes, I saw a mature pretty woman in the pew next to me at very liberal church one day.
    Next month she showed up at a support group 10 miles away.
    The minister of the church was a gay woman.
    They had meetings of trans support groups on the third Tuesdays of the month.

I

S'far as I know, I can count all of the trans/CD sightings I've had on the fingers of one hand. Not very common. Or I don't see so good.

Not often but those I have seen look great and judging from their chests and hair are MTF or in the process.

Aspiring Member
    Quite frequently.
    A few days ago I was standing in line waiting to pay for something when I noticed the dress the woman in front of me was wearing and wondered where she got it from.
    Then the woman spoke in her natural male voice when the little boy with her called her "dad".

Heather loves heels Heather2die4's Avatar
    Aside from catching my reflection in a store window as I breeze past in a cute skirt and heels, I might see about two or three per year. I love to shop at Bed Bath and Beyond and they have a cashier who, I believe is mtf. As we are both easy to read, we give each other a wink and a nod. It's just not a big deal any more. Also, those that go the full trans route with hormones and facial feminization surgery are so beautiful and sometimes more feminine than GGs so it's really hard to know how many have slipped under my radar.

When out I'm in male mode, I'm always on the look out for bullies of all flavors but the last time I had to defend a crossdresser was more than 30 years ago.

Sarah:

I have probably crossed paths with less than five sisters in the last seven years while out and about. The one I remember most was in the Macy?s dress department. She was quite tall, dressed in club wear, and fairly obvious. I was in girl mode picking up an online order when she passed by. We made eye contact and she knew she had been made and just disappeared. I walked around the women?s department later and she was no where to be found.

I also had an instance, also in Macy?s, that the sales clerk ringing me up was obviously trans. I was again in girl mode, but no recognition on her part that I was TG. The other GG working with her that day was obviously cool with it. Probably the biggest surprise of the day was finding two sales clerks in the women?s department at a Macy?s!

Hugs, Zoey

I help people see a Transwoman when I go out and about. At least 2x a week.

Aspiring Member
    I was in Las Vegas when one of the periodic cd get togethers was going on and I saw a (woman) who had a very obvious man's walk. I was torn between keeping silent or advising her to feminize her walk, thereby possibly embarrassing her by outing her (there was no one else around so it wouldn't be a public outing), but in the end I kept silent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenMe View Post
    those who present female part of the time (what I consider the term crossdresser to most commonly fit)
    Being a crossdresser or crossdressing has absolutely nothing to do with presenting as a female. There is no requirement to present as a female in order to be a crossdresser or to take part in crossdressing. Right now I am in a bra, nightgown and panties. I am not presenting as female. I am still a crossdresser.

I have seen lots of crossdressers with no interest in presenting as a female. I recently saw a man wearing a dress in Costco There was no sign of a bra or breast forms and as far as I could see, he wore men's shoes. Last vacation at the pool, I watched a young couple walking. He was sporting a one piece swimsuit and a beard. It looked like he was having a good time. Frequent a few thrift stores and you are bound to see men like me taking women's clothing into the fitting rooms. It happens often enough.

I have seen some crossdressers who make no attempt to blend in but do make a poor attempt to present female. The most recent was at a Walgreens. He was about 6' 4" without the heels, super tight and short miniskirt and a jacket over his blouse. Bad makeup and the stench of perfume completed his presentation. I think I also saw him in Las Vegas the last time I was there. Maybe that was a different guy...

Those crossdressers that take the time to present as a woman probably do a pretty good job blending because I almost never see them.

I see them out most of the time around lunch or dinner time. We seem to eat at the same places. I don't keep count of the ones I have saw, but Goodwill is another place I see sisters. The latest was a few days ago, when I was out to dinner. The manager was TG and beautiful but talked to the wait staff in full male voice. One of the wait staff was also TG. Both were dress full femme and the makeup, cloths and hair were spot on.

I probably notice about one a month, but I’m sure there are many I just don’t notice.
    A lot depends on where I am at the time.

My wife & I often go to the theatre in London and there are many gay or trans-friendly bars around the main theatre district and it’s normal to see a few TG’s or CD’s of various descriptions.

We recently went to a local gardens (RHS Wisley for any UK girls) and long summer dresses are very common.
    There?s also a lot of space so you can keep a safe distance once inside.

Most people go in family groups or friends together so a woman on their own does attract notice.
    My wife did spot another CD with a group of friends who were either GG or totally passable.
    We later overheard the CD in the car park and she spoke with a male voice.

It looked like she & her friends had a great time.
    Last edited by CDSophie62; 08-09-2022 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Fixing autocorrect

There is a trans woman who works at the Costco near me so I see here regularly. She's usually just wearing jeans and a top like all the other female Costco employees.

For what its worth (and maybe a comfort to those struggling with the idea of going out) unless I'm in female mode myself, I'm pretty much going about my business, not really look for or caring how others are presenting unless they are really over the top obvious. I'm sure most of the people around me are pretty much the same.

Spoiler alert: as we age, the morphological differences between Mal and female tend to become less pronounced and I thin for those of us about 60-ish, our appearance tends to become more androgynous. I see people everyday in their sixties and above who may or may not be genetically female, but their presentation is such and their clothing choices seem appropriate to the situation. I'm not particularly interested in asking them either. So in answer to the original question...who knows???