Thread: I passed! (well, not exactly)

I passed! (well, not exactly)

A funny thing happened at a family pool party yesterday afternoon. I got out of the pool and after a few minutes took my hair out of the pony tail and combed through it with my fingers to get the tangles out. I was sitting on a chair by the pool, facing away from the house talking to my daughter-in-law, when my 12-year-old grandson came out and said to his mom "Who's that?" We didn't know who he was talking about, since she and I were the only ones out there at the time. We turned around and he said to me, "Oh, it's you! I thought you were a blonde girl." He had rarely seen me with my hair down, so it wasn't surprising that he was a little confused! So when we got home I had my wife take a picture of me from the angle my grandson saw me. At the party I hadn't put my shirt on yet, and being in the sun, my hair apparently looked a lot lighter than it really is (the gray roots standing out from the light brown coloring I had done a few months ago). In the picture I'm wearing a cami, but my hair (other than color) probably looked pretty much the same.

hair from back 073122.jpg

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Great story, bet you was smiling inside.

Larissa, Fun story and a great head of hair!
    Crissy

Ah, there's that long luxurious hair I was talking about - Sounds like you've got it working for you!
    Hope all is well
    Kris
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

You have fooled me from the back.

Platinum Member
    Great hair! I would count that as passing, albeit an incremental pass.

Larissa, I could see his confession, if he has only seen your hair up. That's great hair.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Great head of hair

Great head of hair. My wife would faint dead away if I grew my hair that long.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    That was fun to read.

Platinum Member
    As a suffer of male pattern baldness I am envious. I can understand why anyone viewing you from behind may make the assumption you're a female. Maybe, back in the 1960's you'd be pegged as a hippie.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Interesting post, Larissa. Because many of us pass from behind!

With my fem figure and long wigs, I must pass 100% of the time! When I'm in clubs watching the dancers? Guys walk by and stare back at me all the time!

Where my passing ends 100% of the time as they run off ASAP!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Larissa,

Next time you cut your hair please send me some so I can glue it to my head.

Fiona
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Another occasion to color me pea green with envy for hair like yours. If I saw you like in the picture, I would be sure it was a lady. I can only imagine what it would be like to have such lovely long hair.

Thanks, girls, for all the kind comments. I'm very lucky to have inherited the "hair" gene(s) from my parents, and have a wife who actually likes it long (ironically, mostly in male mode - she likes some of my wigs - like the blonde one in my avatar - better when I'm en femme!). It does take a lot of TLC, but it's worth it, especially this time of year when I wear tops that have exposed shoulders and upper back, so I can enjoy the way my hair feels flowing over my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Maybe, back in the 1960's you'd be pegged as a hippie.
    Funny you should mention this. I think the reason I like long hair (aside from my crossdressing) is that I went right from growing up in a very conservative community into the Navy in the early 70s, when every other guy got to let his hair grow! I felt so frustrated that I wished I could be a hippie. (Well, not all the drugs and grungy appearance; mostly just the freedom of expression.) I let it grow for a couple of years in college, but then had to join the "real world" and conform, conform, conform... So now it's been just about 5 years since I've had it long, and there's no going back! I guess some day the party will be over, but I'm enjoying it as much as I can until then.
    Last edited by Larissa Cassandra; 08-02-2022 at 02:37 AM.

Love the post. I would think 10 out of 10 people would think a women was sitting there

Thanks, Connie, but I'm so self-conscious of my broad shoulders, I'd think that would be a giveaway. That and my 6' height are the reasons I don't think I could ever really pass. But I can dream!