Thread: Shopping

Shopping

I have to go to the supermarket, Which means as its next door virtually to where I work, I will have to shed my Natalie finery. If only I dared like the other women around here to just throw a dress on and go!. I love the idea of going out dressed but am nowhere near brave enough. I've thought of going for a walk maybe after 10PM when this little town is dead, I'm just dying to feel what its like feeling the breeze in my nice red summer dress. Fingers crossed maybe I will be brave enough soon. I'm just so happy and and so me as Natalie, I cant hide her forever, Can I?

Hopefully, you will get the courage that you want to go out. Just remember that going for a walk anywhere after 10 pm is not exactly safe. It's a common mistake that many CDers seem to make and most GG's would absolutely not do.

Others here will have suggestions where you can safely go for your first time.

Natalie,

I agree with Char, not safe that late at night.
    Going after work would work.

Davina

Reality Check
    Walking alone dressed as a woman after 10:00 PM is the worst thing you can do (OK, it would be worse after 2:00 AM).

Real women would never do that. You might be stopped by the police or you might be attacked by someone wanting to rob or rape you. Please don't do this.

Go to another town where people don't know you. Dress as an ordinary woman would do and go out in the daytime. Go to the shopping mall, go to the park, walk through the tourist area, etc. Hide "in plain sight".
    Krisi

I'll repeat Krisi's advice. Go to another town during daylight hours where nobody knows you. Go to a park or mall and just enjoy your time out. That's exactly what I did my first 2 times out last month. I also went thru a drive thru at a fast food restaurant. Paying for my order and then picking it up were my only interactions with others; but, it was a start. Take baby steps and be safe.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Interesting that going out after 10pm is considered risky by many in the US. Pretty much all my fully dressed excursion's, over many years, have been late evening or small hours of the morning. If I'm out in day light then it's either in my car or up in the mountains. Maybe I'm just anti social.

I guess being a well built 6ft 4" and living in a rural area, makes a difference too.
    Last edited by Jane G; 08-01-2022 at 10:16 AM.

Platinum Member
    Jane, I perused Natalie's prior posts and saw she lives in the U.K. Anyone needs to make a proper assessment of their particular situation/area. I've lived in my small city (200,000) for near five decades. What may have been alright to do as recent as several years ago is not alright now. The violence is not random, but, it's a case of "you never know." Frankly, I would not take an evening stroll at 10 PM even attired as a male.

Natalie, I am not brave too. First suggestion, wait for the fall or whenever darkness starts to fall. I have done most of my excursions in the early evening hours when there is a lot of foot traffic in one particular neighborhood with two all night grocery stores and many shops and restaurants. I carry a tote with the logo of one of the grocery stores and briefly (1/2 hour?) stroll around one of the blocks. There are a lot of people coming and going, but usually it is easy to avoid close contact. Strolling at 6:00 PM is not as dangerous as 10:00 PM. If the challenge is to just get out of a car and a brief moment, I'd recommend some of the activities I did when I was getting my feet wet. I returned library books to the night return slot. Mail a letter to a mailbox at the post office. Retrieve one of those free newspapers from boxes all over town. There is always some risk involved that can be minimized. I stay off freeway (even in male mode) to avoid a potential flat tire between exits. I drive in residential neighborhoods where traffic is light and chances of being hit by a drunk driver or any driver are less.

I don't know if self restricting can be classified as anti-social; sometimes doing something may be outside one's comfort zone.

Go to a nearby town for groceries.
    Never a walk at ten pm or after dark.
    Sher made that mistake before we met, it would be seen as suspicious and in her case the police pulled over . Unless an emergency ( like-car breaking down ) no woman would be walking after dark .and if they would be people probably ask if you need help because it would be highly suspect and rare.
    Think about it I am sure you can come up with something better.
    To answer Jane, it is not just the US, any woman can tell you this , you have not experienced what we have our entire life. We have GGs from all around the world here. Rural, and cities
    Can be dangerous and it looks suspicious.
    Be safe
    Last edited by Di; 08-01-2022 at 11:27 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Natalie,

Many, many CD's are hesitant to dress close to home or work for fear of the consequences. I myself get out 3 or 4 times per week and have gone everywhere but will not go en femme to my local supermarket, CVS, post office, library or pizzeria. So try and do what other gals do - pick a distant town and have at it.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Well who would recognize you dressed and made up?
    Everyone would be looking for what they know, not what you are presenting them with. Just do it, it's so freeing.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I must admit I have really cared about being seen in years. As long as my wife is okay with my hobby I do not care what others think.