Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Curiosity about how often?

It’s interesting how you define it too, as being fully dressed with makeup etc. I have the opportunity but not necessarily the desire to fully do my makeup every day, especially during the summer months. But I do fully dress several times a week.

So I will fully dress with makeup, maybe 15 to 20 times a year. Often that will be full time for 4-5 days while on a vacation or something, along with some evenings out with friends. So I would estimate 156 hours per year, so 3 hours per week.

If you include fully dressing without makeup, then I’m closer to 20 hours per week. I work from home three days a week and dress most of the work day. My wife has no problem with it.

If you include sleeping, I wear a shorty nightie every night so that adds another 56 hours a week.
    Rebecca Bas

Aspiring Member
    I sleep most nights in bra, forms, slip or chemise, panties, so that?s about 8 hrs.
    Also about 2 or 3 times a week in the evening for 1-2 hrs but only in my ?man cave? ? sadly DADT.
    And when I can bra and forms under drab if wife out for an am or pm.
    When wife away, hoorah, three hours in mornings and same in the evening.
    Don?t do make up.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I wear girl clothes only. I dont wear make up all the time though. So as per your question a month totally done up maybe 200 hours a month or 8 to 10 days.

Well, the best estimate I can make would be only about 12 hours a month.
    However I do wear fem underwear every day, except when I have a dr,s appointment.

Platinum Member
    Be prepared for drastic changes is what I want to tell others. I retired in 2008. My wife was still working full days on a part time basis. She does not drive due to a depth perception issue. Hence, I would drop her at her job and pick her up. That gave me seven hours on any of her work days to be en femme without any possibility of her busting through the door unannounced which seems to be a potential issue on this site. I forego makeup as a waste of time. Otherwise it was dress, heels and hosiery and all the proper undergarments and a wig. It was "June Cleaver" time.

Fast forward to my wife's retirement and Covid. Well, it has been drought time as if I lived in the southwest. The last time I was able to be full en femme and even go out for an evening stroll was New Year's Eve of 2019/2020. What saves me from totally climbing the walls is sleeping apart. Thank the goddesses for bad backs and snoring. I do get to sleep in a nightgown and panty, sometimes, add a bra almost every night. She is a late riser so I will stay in my nightgown until about 9:45 AM.

Darn you, Covid!

Steph, its about time you had a chat with youe wife , Im surprised she doesnt know anyway !! after all these years

I am alone, so I dress every day, unless I am going out. I seldom go out dressed, but I do wear casual, androgynous womens' outfits when I go for my electrology appointments, and wear earrings 24/7. Because I have these outlets, I think, the drive to get super dolled up with makeup and dressy clothes, is greatly reduced. I do wear a wig, even around the house, unless it is hot, but that's because I hate seeing my bald pate every time I pass a mirror.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Fully dressed with forms, makeup and wig, about twice a week for about 5 hours each day. These are my shopping days where I get out and drive to a part of town where I am less likely to be recognized, and do my shopping for 2 to 4 hours depending on what needs to be done. Occasionally, I'll stop somewhere to eat lunch while I'm out. Love the girl time when I can get it.

I go out en femme 4 times per week on average so that's close to 50 hours per month. At home I'm normally at least in a bra, forms & panties at least part of most days.
    Last edited by Fiona_44; 08-02-2022 at 06:00 PM.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

It use to be once or twice a week. Now, it's once every other month.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I've been fully dressed maybe 10 times. But, 8m of those times have been at home with very limited time. Example: My wife left home at 9:30 this morning. I was fully dressed with makeup and wig by 10 a.m. I knew she'd be returning about noon, so I undressed and removed my makeup about 11:30 a.m. That gave Heather 1 1/2 hours of fun. Multiply that by 10 and add in a few more hours when I was dressed twice in the evenings on my trip last month and I'd guess about 25 hours total. If we can count dressed minus a wig and makeup, I'd guess I'm now in the 10 hours/day range whether it's in a dress or a nightie.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I generally take pictures when I dress, so I went back and counted the number of days I have photos. The count for 2022 is 48 days. Most times (but not always) when I dress I go out. Given there are about 30 weeks so far this year, I am averaging about 1.5 times per week, generally for multiple hours.

Still more outfits than times to wear them....
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

So I am clearly an outlier because I rarely am “fully dressed” if that includes makeup, since I have only experimented with makeup 4 times. Thus, by definition of fully dressed then about 6-7 hours lifetime. I only bought a wig this year, but I get a chance to go to that level maybe two or three times a month, but typically I am only dressed in terms of minutes not hours. For instance maybe just a quick 5-10 minutes once or twice a week. For instance tonight I got to throw the wig and a dress and my heels on, but only for 20 minutes with the bedroom door closed.

I do enjoy reading about everyone’s experiences, though.
    Last edited by Mary Loo; 08-03-2022 at 12:13 AM. Reason: To see my edited Sig

Well I wear night gowns, nighties to bed each night with our without nylons. Spend most mornings dressed and four out of five nights a week wearing my outfits. Out and about in public I am in boy mode usually with satin underneath. Still learning makeup so not much time wearing it. I have a new wig I am working on and have worn twice in the past week yet mostly I don't wear them. When I don't have to go out I stay fully dressed minus makeup and wigs. I would say I spend fifty percent of the week dressed and every night.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Work is one place I don't "go out of my way" to look feminine. Yes, that was carefully worded. When people ask, I like to clarify that I'm not a working girl. A woman needs to protect her dignity. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ladyjade View Post
    I try to get an hour or two a week. I dress when I can find downtime in vacant apartments.
    After my dressing yesterday the pink fog has not lifted. Now I feel the need to dress again. Going to have to put on the pink ensemble to clear this fog. Even with the over heating and a broken heel. I loved it.

Every day for most of the day. All day more often than not.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Since I now work from home 80% to 90% of the time I probably spend about 25 hours per week fully dressed. It's the only upside to covid that I have seen.

This is a very interesting question, but the way the question is phrased makes it hard to respond.

I don't dress fully, no wig, no mascara, no jewelry. Just skirt/top or dress with bra and low pumps. In cooler weather add nylons, but not when it's in the 90's like now.

So how often do I dress? It varies as don't bother if
    -- engroused in an interesting book,
    -- so involved in tv series, that I don't want to take 5 minutes to change,
    -- there is a relationship issue, or
    -- I'm just tired.

Normally dress for 2 to 3 hrs in the evening, but not every day. I think it is about 5 days a week and about one week a month I take a break from dressing. So I guess about 30 to 40 hours a month. Much nicer than 2 years ago when it was 3 to 4 hours a month.

Maybe someone can summarize the responses in a table. I would expect two peaks: one for those who CD and one for those who CD just short of transitioning.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I am 76 years old in great heath with a full head of natural hair and have been a CD/TV since before puberty.
    Of course in my early years, this was all in secrecy..

Now I am living alone (long story) with no family in the area.
    So. I dress more of less full time at home with no makeup . I wear bra and panties 24/7 .....sleep in a night gown.
    I basically live as woman at home.

Presently, I go out in public as Barbara with full make up about 4 times a week......shopping etc.
    I always wear a dress or skirt and blouse/top.
    Depending wear I am going, I may or may not wear a COVID mask
    A mask is very emboldening however.

Yesterday was a typical day as Barbara in public.
    I first went to see a movie .....a 1:30 PM showing of "Mrs Harris Goes to Paris"
    After the movie I went grocery shopping at Walmart.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 08-06-2022 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    "full out?" about twice a year.
    Same, two long afternoons. When it's cold. No dressing over 32 Fahrenheit.

I'd say i average 10 hours
    Julianna Frances

I don't have any kind of regular schedule, but I'd say once or twice a month for 3 to 6 hours per time.

I get about 6 hrs a day 4 to 5 days a week. And at times a bonus day dressed with my wife.

I am getting concerned that my female clothes are becoming my main clothes.

Today I ran 2 separate errands and interacted with the public.

I'm in girl clothes whenever I'm home and alone. The only time I dress as a guy, is when I have to go out, or have some chores to do that might ruin my cute girl clothing. When I'm dressed in male clothing, I look at it as my 'man uniform' which I have to wear in order to do some sort of activity which would necessitate being seen as a typical male in order to get it done with the least amount of difficulty.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.