Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreams Can Come True?

Dreams Can Come True?

Wednesday evening I went out dressed exactly how I wanted to, looking exactly how I wanted to, and had no issues whatsoever!

Dinner with two GG women friends in a nice restaurant. It was fairly crowded but no one paid any special attention to me. Stopped by two different department stores on the way home and bought some new things I've been wanting. All like it was no big deal...

It seemed so normal I have to just stop a minute and remind myself how amazing this is! This is what I've wanted to do from my earliest memories. And that evening was better even than what I used to only fantasize about.

I was wearing a super-cute outfit consisting of a sleeveless dress with kitten heels. I never thought I could do sleeveless because of my muscular arms, but it seems OK with this dress. I felt like $1,000,000. Plenty of compliments from my friends who are no slouches in the looks and fashion department.

One friend and I met in the parking garage, then joined with my other friend during the walk to the restaurant. Lots of people around, passing by or sitting outside at restaurants, but no one looked at me in an odd way. I guess we just looked like three well dressed women heading out for the evening.

In the restaurant I was sitting right next two a table of other people, with other full tables nearby. Not to put too fine a point on it, but here I am dressed to the nines, in a crowded restaurant, and no one is pointing or laughing at me. We shared a pitcher of margaritas and had dinner together, catching up on families, jobs, and dating.

On the way home I stopped to buy a swimsuit. I've been wanting to try going to the pool dressed up. So I picked up a one-piece, a cover-up sort of thing, and a big floppy hat. That's going to be fun if I can get up the nerve to go to the pool in my apartment complex. At least I have the outfit to do it now

Anyway, this is a long time coming. I've been going out dressed up in public for a long time, but always with some compromise in what I'm wearing, and always being a little stressed and nervous about it. This was a different experience. I think it was different mostly because I wasn't alone. Having friends along helps! Though I was by myself at the department stores. It still didn't matter, I felt really confident.

Anyway, thought it was worth making a note of it, and hope someone might take some encouragement from my story!

Congratulations! It's nice to see progress, although it seems your presentation helped set the tone.

I've been to restaurants with male friends but never gg friends. Something to think about.

I'm sure people would love to see the outfit. I would.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Congratulations! It's nice to see progress, although it seems your presentation helped set the tone.

I've been to restaurants with male friends but never gg friends. Something to think about.

I'm sure people would love to see the outfit. I would.
    Thanks Patience!

Interesting, I've never been spent time around men in a public social environment. Except one time a while back when I met a woman friend for dinner and she brought her boyfriend. It was interesting to say the least. Not sure what he thought about it all!

Here is a pic after I got back from the evening, so my makeup is a little worse for the wear
    Attached Images Attached Images

You look lovely and I agree everything about the outfit is perfect!!.
    You got to experience a perfect evening and I am so glad you did.

Wow, that is nice. Very tasteful and not over the top. Love the hair.

Just goes to show, people will take you seriously if you show you are committed. Congrats again.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Hi Tricia,
    You look beautiful and natural, heck ya you should feel comfortable and confident going out. Thanks for your post, I aspire to the same.
    Traci

What a wonderful story Tricia - and a wonderful pic as well. Totally inspiring, proving great things can happen if you are dedicated!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Platinum Member
    I had checked the previous posting of that dress. You wear it well. The dress compliments where you were spending your time with your friends. Yes, I'd probably see three nicely attired women doing things women do. I love your hair. Unless you're very tall your stature is not unlike many women I do see out in the wild.

Platinum Member
    Having seen your picture, I would agree that you and your GG friends were perhaps only remarkable in being three attractive women out for an evening. And yes, being out comfortably in public, accompanied by good friends, is a dream come true, but also, I would venture, the results of months or years of preparation. Give yourself a great deal of credit for planning and following through on your plans.

Finally, you mention going to the pool at your apartment complex. I think that is great as well. Would I correct in understanding that you are working towards living more openly as a woman? If so, all I can say is GO FOR IT?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U've made an excellent point for those that care about blending in, Tricia. One that I discovered years ago. CD's, even ones that couldn't pass on a moonless nite with the lites out, like me!

Can go out practically anywhere at any time if u r accompanied by GG's! It seems to legitimize u and make u seem less threatening!
    Second best, go out with other girls.

Last and worse choice is go out by yourself to vanilla venues. U risk seeming like a creepy, loner, perv to some folks!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You look wonderful and I would not notice you other than to admire. Your outfit is perfect for summer and I am sure for the setting. Looking forward to seeing you at the pool!

Tricia, I have to say, don't take this wrong, it is meant as a huge compliment, but I don't know why you would make a big deal out of this, from the pictures I have seen of you, you do a great job of blending in. I can not imagine anyone "making" you unless under close scrutiny. You and a casual walk by would certainly go unnoticed. I would love to have your look.

I would not "blend in" in a dark alley!

You really do look like a million bucks. That dress matches your eyes perfectly! When you look that good the confidence it gives you is priceless!

I'll echo what the others are saying - you're lovely and could go anywhere, with anyone, at any time.
    Well - anything that's safe for a lady, that is.

You definitely wear it well. You look amazing in that dress, I could see how you blend in because you are beautiful also. Looking forward to reading more "Dream come true" from you. You must be very proud of yourself, it takes a lot of courage and confidence to do what you did. Thanks for sharing.

Super cute dress, Tricia, you look lovely!

Tricia, Sounds like a great time. I hope you enjoy your trip to the pool. BTW, you look lovely in the dress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

What a wonderful time you had. I'm surprised no one paid attention to you because I would have -- you look lovely! That's the kind of dream I would like to wake up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Geena75 View Post
    What a wonderful time you had. I'm surprised no one paid attention to you because I would have -- you look lovely! That's the kind of dream I would like to wake up to.
    Thank you Geena. If a woman was dressed like I was I'd have a difficult time not staring. I was getting looks, but no one focused in on me where I started wondering if I was being read. It is like waking up to a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    ...Unless you're very tall your stature is not unlike many women I do see out in the wild.
    I'm a little under 5'10", so even with a 1" heel there are still usually GG women around who are as tall or even taller than me. That didn't seem to be the case years ago, but now I see a lot of women, especially younger ones, who are very tall.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    ...Finally, you mention going to the pool at your apartment complex. I think that is great as well. Would I correct in understanding that you are working towards living more openly as a woman? If so, all I can say is GO FOR IT?
    Not really. It's too much work to do full time. I have too many things I like to do as a guy, and don't want to dress up for those things. I do want to go out more openly looking like a woman, but I guess I don't characterize it as "living like" a woman. Still trying to figure that out!

Lifetime Pantyhose Wearer
    Hello Tricia, Connie here. I am a married CD in Indianapolis. Might I ask where you go out dressed? I am looking for loacal places that are friendly.

Best
    Connie

So, your point being, Tricia, that three women went out to eat at a crowded restaurant. From your after pic, that's what I see. You look absolutely fabulous. I am sure your bathing suit at the apartment complex pool is not far behind.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Congrats on the great outing! I love the dress and your presentation is wonderful/ Hope you enjoy the pool.

That's great Tricia!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    It's great when it all comes together and just feels normal.

It is always a good thing to be out and about when you are feeling beautiful!