Wednesday evening I went out dressed exactly how I wanted to, looking exactly how I wanted to, and had no issues whatsoever!

Dinner with two GG women friends in a nice restaurant. It was fairly crowded but no one paid any special attention to me. Stopped by two different department stores on the way home and bought some new things I've been wanting. All like it was no big deal...

It seemed so normal I have to just stop a minute and remind myself how amazing this is! This is what I've wanted to do from my earliest memories. And that evening was better even than what I used to only fantasize about.

I was wearing a super-cute outfit consisting of a sleeveless dress with kitten heels. I never thought I could do sleeveless because of my muscular arms, but it seems OK with this dress. I felt like $1,000,000. Plenty of compliments from my friends who are no slouches in the looks and fashion department.

One friend and I met in the parking garage, then joined with my other friend during the walk to the restaurant. Lots of people around, passing by or sitting outside at restaurants, but no one looked at me in an odd way. I guess we just looked like three well dressed women heading out for the evening.

In the restaurant I was sitting right next two a table of other people, with other full tables nearby. Not to put too fine a point on it, but here I am dressed to the nines, in a crowded restaurant, and no one is pointing or laughing at me. We shared a pitcher of margaritas and had dinner together, catching up on families, jobs, and dating.

On the way home I stopped to buy a swimsuit. I've been wanting to try going to the pool dressed up. So I picked up a one-piece, a cover-up sort of thing, and a big floppy hat. That's going to be fun if I can get up the nerve to go to the pool in my apartment complex. At least I have the outfit to do it now

Anyway, this is a long time coming. I've been going out dressed up in public for a long time, but always with some compromise in what I'm wearing, and always being a little stressed and nervous about it. This was a different experience. I think it was different mostly because I wasn't alone. Having friends along helps! Though I was by myself at the department stores. It still didn't matter, I felt really confident.

Anyway, thought it was worth making a note of it, and hope someone might take some encouragement from my story!