Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Makeup

Reality Check

Makeup

No, this isn't about our makeup, where to buy it or how to apply it. Read on.

Most of us live with one or more women. Wives, girlfriends, daughters, etc. How "made up" does your woman get before leaving the house? Does she spend an hour or more with eye liner, shadow, blending colors, etc. just to go to the grocery store? How about for work? For a casual dinner out with you and/or family?

Does she even wear makeup other than lipstick, if that?

My wife worked at a job where makeup was not necessary or even practical. In her younger days, she would wear moderate makeup for clubs, dances, etc. but gave it up during middle age because she became allergic to it. She no longer wears makeup for any occasion. Many female friends are pretty much the same, but I have a couple female friends who won't be seen in public without makeup even at the beach or the pool.

So how about your "woman"?
    Krisi

I think there are very few GGs who go full on for makeup If there were no CD's the makeup stores would be a lot fewer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    They were all different. But, we were always late to evening affairs because my ex took so long getting ready!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Its been a few years but both my first wife of 19 years and second of 16 took their time getting made up in the morning. I appreciated the results and watched intently when I could
    Last edited by kimdl93; 08-07-2022 at 11:27 AM.

My wife is retired. However, her makeup routine has not changed appreciably from when she worked. A bit of foundation, powder, lipstick, mascara, and out the door. I'm guessing 5 minutes at most. I don't recall her ever using eye shadow, eye liner or eyebrow pencil. She does, from time to time, pluck her eyebrows. OUCH!!!
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

My wife of 41 years wears makeup whenever she leaves the house. Varying degrees of course, but always some. She looks great. I used to enjoy watching her apply her makeup, now I watch and learn.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I've had all types of girlfriends over the years. The one natural beauty who looked great from the moment she woke up with zero make up needed, to a few who wouldn't be caught dead before 'putting on her face', who looked so completely different with and without make up.
    I understand. It's hard to look in the mirror, and not be able to see what you want to see. So if they can use make up to get to where they want to be, I have no problem with those who do it, and happily embrace those who do, to make them feel good about what they are doing. Everyone should feel good about who they are, and who they make themselves into being.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Kris, my wife use to wear more makeup when we first met. Over the years she has reduced the amount she wears. Currently, if we are going out for the evening she does were some. She tends to wear more makeup if I'm dressed as Jamie.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

If we're leaving the house for day-to-day stuff, or if someone is expected to visit - my wife puts on some makeup. Not a lot, but some.
    If we're "going out" it's more - out comes the lipstick, blush, etc.

Otherwise, she doesn't bother.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    My long time "Lady friend" is also one of those who do not need any makeup to look good. Tall, long blonde hair, natural look. Perhaps some lip gloss from time to time. Since I like makeup in my CDing, my lady is a bit of a disappointment in the makeup department. But I love her anyway. She does not know about my CDing, might suspect it, but likely would not care.---That is an issue I don't wanna bring up. She might react TOO positively.

My wife of 53 years uses makeup everyday, but you would not know it. She uses it to soften the features of old skin and not to create a new face, so to speak. I pretty much do the same thing. The main thing I have found is using good skin care creams to keep your skin smoother and the wrinkles at bay. Then makeup just smooths out the color blemishes. Old eyes don't need accenting - they need major repair. But I don't do that either.

My wife never wears makeup of any kind, not even lipstick. If she wanted, she could borrow some of mine. I have enough lipstick to last me until the year 2525.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Just lipstick here. Never learned makeup and not sure if I will. Every tutorial I've seen on makeup just seems so complicated so I haven't bothered to learn yet. Although I'd probably be still tempted just to make myself look better someday.

My wife rarely uses makeup. Almost never to just go out or run errands. Very little if any to go to work. On special occasions or when she is trying to look nice she will use just a little foundation, eyeliner, brow pencil, mascara, rouge, and lipstick, but not over the top by any means. In fact when she does put on makeup it is unusual enough to me to see that I don’t always think she necessarily looks better with it.

As for me. I am still a neophyte with no skills and limited practice. It would help my confidence if I can ever get good enough at it because otherwise I don’t think I can blend or pull it off. However, with proper makeup I might have a chance.

Very interesting thread by the way.

Mine is a natural beauty and has always worn little to no makeup.
    The only time she bothers is for some special occasion such as a wedding or holiday party. Once I came out to her she actually began asking me for tips. I thought that was quite honoring actually, especially when she asks that I do her brows and eye makeup. Funny how things can turn about.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Reality Check
    Thanks for the replies.
    Krisi

My wife really works on her make-up when going someplace it matters (church, social occasions, etc.). Going to her work or the store or just staying at home, nothing. Now, if you were talking about her hair, that gets worked no matter what.

For myself, I trimmed my make-up down to just my eyes in this sweaty time of year (my beard cover is a covid mask).

Aspiring Member
    My wife wears heavy makeup whenever leaving the house. She has a large range of brushes and power tools, such as an airbrush, etc. Her makeup stockpile would overflow a 20 liter bucket. As she has grown older, her makeup has grown thicker. Our only daughter is just like her but 25 years behind. My Mum, on the other hand, at age 90, uses no makeup of any kind. Other relatives, I have not seen in years, so I do not know.

My wife wore lipgloss for our wedding - under duress to please her mother. That's the only makeup I've ever seen on her.

Dana

My wife doesn't wear makeup in fact she only has mascara. I have more makeup than she does.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

wife won't leave the house without eye shadow and mascara, but that's about it

My wife had her makeup critiqued by my daughter. I recently taught my wife how to do the basic smoky eye look. She told my daughter that she had some makeup lessons from a close friend named; JoAnne.

My supportive natural blonde wife never goes out without makeup, especially her eyes and eyebrows. As a former model, she knows all the subtleties and has been most helpful showing and teaching me. Like her, many days, I put on moisturizer and a little makeup, sometimes more.

My wife never really wore much make up, didn?t need to. She will occasionally use mascara and lipstick. Rarely does she apply something to conceal her rosacea.

Banned Read only
    Cosmetics are a curious thing. Very young women don't need much makeup for obvious reasons. A few years later, young women are peer pressured into over-correcting apparent flaws and ramp up their use of makeup. As they age, however, most women dial back their makeup use. By the time they are in their 50s, most women are incredibly comfortable in their skin and dial back their use or give it up all together. Clearly, there are plenty of women who buck this, but most of the women I have known well over the years follow this pattern.