Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Makeup

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Every day rain hail illness or shine. 5-10 mins. About the same, mount that I use. In fact of the two it's me that often only applies a little lip stick.

My lovely girl only wears light eyeliner and very seldom at that. She has a great natural beauty. We have been to a few fancy events where she applied eye lash and liner, very light foundation with with whatever that stuff is called going on the eye lids. Lip gloss. She looked great yet just better with nothing at all. Guess it's her eyes and smile that out shines the need for makeup. For me, I want it all. Mostly to hide the beard area.

Reality Check
    My issue is that my wife no longer wears makeup and hasn't for years. That itself doesn't bother me, but since she doesn't wear makeup, it seems to be a sticking point when I do (as Krisi). Unlike my wife, who looks like a female the minute she rolls out of bed, as a male, I need at least beard cover and lipstick to begin to pass as a female. I haven't done much with my eyes, mostly because of her resistance and comments. Bangs and glasses help though.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    FWIW....
    It has been often said that women who wear makeup almost daily, like for work/shopping etc, should have a makeup routine that takes no more then about 10-15 minutes.

IMO CDs should also have a routine that does does not take too much time.

My wife always wore makeup that suited the times. She started in an office job back in the mid-70's when makeup was in a more minimal phase and the adapted through the decades. She was a makeup/wardrobe consultant in the late 80's early 90's and her makeup skills and confidence increased drastically. She was always attractive and classy and her personality was always dynamic. She's one of those women who wear bright red lipstick really well and gets noticed even today.

She's in her mid-60's and retired/disabled now and puts on makeup just for me if we're at home. I tell her all the time how beautiful she is even without makeup, but I also appreciate the extra effort.

She doesn't like makeup on me. I'm not sure I like makeup on me. So I haven't really pursued it.

Reality Check
    I remember many, many years ago, women would often have a piece of furniture, a "makeup desk" with drawers for makeup, a place to sit, a large mirror with lights on the side. I don't think these are common anymore.

https://i.etsystatic.com/16752255/r/...49570_lp4c.jpg
    Krisi

My beautiful wife wears no makeup 99% of the time. Which I love, because that way I can see her instead of a painting of someone who doesn't exist.

Krisi, I built my wife a desk similar to that but she uses it for her face cleansing ritual, not for makeup. I built it because the one she found that she liked was $900. No.
    Last edited by OrdinaryAverageGuy; 08-18-2022 at 07:09 PM.

Aspiring Member
    My wife used a little makeup, but it's generally in colours that make me wonder why she even bothered because they don't seem to make much difference to me.
    Anyway, she doesn't spend much time applying it.
    For some reason she always decides she needs to do her nails when we're already late. No idea why she can't think ahead on that one.

Aspiring Member
    Krisi, a makeup desk back in their heyday had an appropriate name, a Vanity. Vanities appear often in old movies, for example, opening scene of the movie Just Like a Woman, starring Adrian Pasdar, shows the mother of the main character getting herself dolled up at her vanity. In Flower Drum Song, the female lead sings and dances to the music of I Enjoy Being a Girl in front of her Vanity and mirrored closet door.

Vanities still exist but they are hard to find in furniture stores. My female relatives now all do their hair and makeup standing in the bathroom. That explains partially why they all complain of being tired when going out for an evening. Abby has a gorgeous old Art Deco style Vanity with recessed lighting and a 150 cm circular mirror. She bought it at an estate sale.

Holly, your wife must be good at makeup application. The Holy Grail of makeup, according to Cindy Crawford, who should know makeup better than most, is to apply it so well that it looks invisible.
    Last edited by abby054; 08-20-2022 at 04:59 AM.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    "Vanities" are still available at many places on line...and at some stores.... plain styes to ultra feminine styles.
    Ladies still need a place to make up and store their makeup.

Just do a search for them... "Make up vanities", etc.
    Here is just a google search .
    https://www.google.com/search?client...ke+up+vqnities
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 08-20-2022 at 02:12 PM.