Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dare you say anything to an over the top GG?

Dare you say anything to an over the top GG?

Ok, now I kind of understand why some GG's have a strong reaction to flaunty CDers.

We live in an over 55 community and there was a "free concert" at outdoor patio. Yes, since free, not very musically skilled. Our dog just missed his playmates walking by and demanded an outside trip.

I wish I could erase the image. Hopefully by sharing some may understand. So walking back in flip flops was a community member wearing a silky bodycon dress one size too small and with length of a tennis skirt, if that long. I was so floored I was speakless. Wow. Wearing clubwear to an outdoor public concert. Unthinkable. And worst wearing an outfit that was not flattering. Yes it accented the legs, and that was definitely the best feature, but still there are many more outfits that would have worked better.

Should I have said anything? If I would have said anything, it would have been more confrontationable. I can understand why some report they have been called on the carpet by a more modest GG.

I guess I may be more modest. I think clubwear belongs in clubs, whether worn by GGs or CD. So questions:

1- How would your mind react to such a vision?
    2- Would you even think of saying anything? If so what? Non-CD would not even know what a bodycon dress is and would only hoot and hollar and not think "is this appropriate for the situation".

My wife and I saw a woman today that was dressed out of place and her hair! My wife actually made a comment to me, she said Circus! Lol. Personally I think that everyone has the right to wear what ever they want, where they want and even if I thought it was totally inappropriate, I would not say a thing to them.

To a complete stranger, no. While some might thank you more are likely to feel embarrassed and potentially respond in a less than polite way.

1- How would your mind react to such a vision?

I'd probably do a double-take. Something so out of place is bound to draw a lot of attention and maybe that's exactly what she was looking for.

2- Would you even think of saying anything?
    NO. That would be very rude. It's as simple as that.

Regardless of what I might think about it, I definitely would not say anything. It's not up to me to decide what's appropriate for others to wear.

I think it'd be very hypocritical of me to react any other way.

Seriously, we should not be judging other people for the clothes they wear.

Absolutely not. As long as they aren’t breaking any laws I don’t care what they wear. Just so they don’t stop me from wearing what I want to.

Platinum Member
    I have seen many people (male and female) wearing ill-fitting, unbecoming and situationally inappropriate garments. My reaction is summed up by the terms I have used to describe the outfits. I would not say anything, however, no matter how visceral my reaction.

No, you don't say anything, it's none of your business. Wow...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

Not to that person, No never! But if my wife was there. Us two would have a heck of a conversation about it. We both now have a opinion about what works and what doesn't work regarding women's clothes and she trusts my opinion.

I am sure If my Irish Mother saw her daughter looking like that she would asker her "Are you trying to look ridiculous? Because you do."

My wife and I talk about how people dress all the time. People can dress however they like as far as I'm concerned.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I don't believe it would be up to me to say anything. We were in a mall a few years back and we heard the clunking of high heels coming behind us. When we both turned around we seen a women and then realizing it was crossdressers wearing an extra short skirt stocking showing and see threw top with a bright pink bra under. My wife made the comment that she didn't care he was a crossdresser but found it unappropriate to be in a mall dressed like that. She thought it wasn't even club wear more like prostitute wear. She didn't understand why this person thought that was a good shopping wear and why that person thought it was good club wear also.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    Not to that person, No never! But if my wife was there. Us two would have a heck of a conversation about it. We both now have a opinion about what works and what doesn't work regarding women's clothes and she trusts my opinion.

I am sure If my Irish Mother saw her daughter looking like that she would asker her "Are you trying to look ridiculous? Because you do."
    I'm with you Natalie, my late wife and I had many such conversations and of course would not share with the other person! Oh and my Italian mother would have plenty to say too!
    Jill

No I would not say anything. None of my business.

As someone who enjoys going out in sexy club wear, I confine my activities to places I am going to fit in. Last night I was dancing with 3 women at the same time and two of them were wearing short skirts with black thigh highs. I fit in there , but I go straight to and from the clubs. You will not catch me wearing club wear at a public event.

Still I find it kind of odd that many crossdressers think that by dressing to blend everyone is going to be ok with the attire. There are some who will see us as a man in a dress no matter how well the attire matches the venue. That alone is enough to keep many crossdressers from ever going out in public, sadly.

Sandi

Dressing appropriately is a lot harder than it looks!

I put a lot of thought into what I wear.

I also have a ton of clothes to choose from. Many CDers have a very limited selection of shoes.

For the first time since I've been wearing women's clothes my waistline has dropped to 24 inches!
    That also gives me a lot of flexibility that some GGs don't have as far as clothing choices. No muffin top here!

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 08-07-2022 at 11:15 AM.

I just pay attention to what GGs are wearing and try to replicate it. It works for me.

Having seen people streaking on more than one occasion, It's hard to be judgemental about other people's choice of attire. And that kind of criticism would feel a bit pot/kettle-ish coming from me, considering I crossdress in public.
    Last edited by Patience; 08-07-2022 at 11:30 AM. Reason: (noun) - the power of the mind to think, understand, and form judgments by a process of logic.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

She knows EXACTLY what she is doing, and is seeking attention to address an inner need for reasons best known to herself. It's the same thing with GG's who wear explicitly revealing or provocative clothing and then indignantly declare "Who? Me?" when someone dares to comment on something so blatantly obvious.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm still not sure whether this "member of a community", was a GG or trans?

However, unless I knew them personally, why would I need or want to say anything?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My wife and I sometimes raise an eyebrow over adult GG's in pajamas in public areas or the buns hanging out of shorts or raggedy denims on the street but otherwise I just catalog what I might like to try for one of her photoshoots, not for public wear. At 6'7" I would not pass well regardless of choice of attire. I would love to be able to wear the skin tone, skin tight tights that some GG's wear in the weight room, leaves little to the imagination and would be a difficult tuck.
    Last edited by JohannaSophia; 08-07-2022 at 04:19 PM.

Platinum Member
    My wife and I are joined at the hip because she does not drive due to a depth perception problem, so, if she wants to go somewhere, it's the both of us. We see way too many women who have left modesty at home. Yikes! Some have the body to show off the goods. Others? Best left at home. My wife will make a comment. Me? Nope, I keep my mouth shut. My wife falls into the belief of "Look, Don't Touch." I did not make it to age 75 on sheer luck. Guy knows when to keep his mouth shut.

PS: As to "hoot and holler," No way. My wife would kill me, not only if I did it in her presence, but also if she found out about it. I heard my wife tear a bunch of construction workers new assholes as she laid into them for doing that to her in mid-town Manhattan when she was 21. Damn, I do not want to piss her off.

Aspiring Member
    Maybe she was simply trying to not go home alone.

Was she hurting anyone? Did she seem happy with what she was wearing?

To put it kindly, it's none of your business, whether she was GG or TG or CD or a space alien. No one should be a fashion cop. Period.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

I guess I fall guiltily into the category of wearing inappropriate clothing most of the time for any occasion,
    but it is simply me. I may have angered people both in the streets and even perhaps here.
    But I just adore skimpy little dresses or see through items.
    Likewise, if I saw a girl dressing in anyway that the public find inappropriate I certainly would not say anything as I am guilty of the same.

I see it all to often. To unclude GG,CD, and Trans girls. I dont really think UT does any good to say anything to any of them. I just hope they get a mirror soon and stop making a spectocal of themselves. I did once offer a transgender girl a full length mirror. She didn't understand why I would do that. I just said oh thought you maybe could use one and I have a couple of extras at home.

No I wouldn't say anything. It does make me sad that some people could do a lot better in presenting themselves and don't know it.