Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dare you say anything to an over the top GG?

Reality Check
    Well, this post dispels the notion that we can wear whatever we want because others are too absorbed in their own business to notice. People do notice and criticize in their minds or when talking to others.

No, it's a bad idea to say anything negative to someone about how they are dressed except possibly a spouse or a close friend. Keep your mouth shut and walk on by.
    Krisi

A friend once commented that she wanted a polaroid camera. She would take a photo and hand it to people who were wearing clothing that was too tight or whatever. Then she could hand it to them and walk away. By the time it developed she would be gone. That way they could see what others see. I'm not that brave myself! My wife and I enjoy going to a mall or shopping center and people watching. Usually good for a laugh or two.

while I agree that people should be free to wear whatever they want whenever they want, I also do have to note that this is the kind of presentation that gives cd ing a bad rep. If you are appropriately blendy and not too over the top, then folks don't even realize you are cd...on the other hand, when you are too over the top, the general public says , "well that looks ridiculous"

Heather loves heels Heather2die4's Avatar
    I don't think "would you dare" is the right question. What is appropriate is a matter of opinion an taste. Assuming she is over 55, she likely knows what she is doing and I would leave it alone, as many have done for me when I'm out as Heather and obviously not passing. Maybe she was headed out to a club.

On a related note, I would pull someone aside and let them know if they had a buger on their nose or were unzipped and didn't know it.
    Last edited by Heather2die4; 08-09-2022 at 03:17 PM.

I wouldn't say a thing because 1. it's not my business and 2. I couldn't care less what others wear. If they're happy I'm happy for them. Live and let live.