Thread: Wow, my wife encouraged me!

Wow, my wife encouraged me!

My wife wore a new summer dress and I complimented her on it. She said thanks and then said the loose flowing style would look good on me- and maybe I should get on too. Ok, I will. Then she said I should try her dress on for sizing and right then in the kitchen she took it off and handed it to me. Thanks! She complimented me on how I looked in it and said I should check myself out in the mirror. Sure! Finally, she added that we could share dresses. One of my dreams!

Never expected her to get to this level of support. Makes me incredibly happy.

Platinum Member
    That is wonderful! There has to be a long and interesting back story leading up to this amazing moment. I would love to hear it!

Yikes. I have a acceptable wife but not to that level. I have been full Natalie mode in her presents but she never suggested what looks good on me. But she has asked me if I am doing a fashion show because I changed x in 6 hours.

Mermaiden, that's great. Sounds like a real breakthrough.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Nice!! That sounds great!
    Julianna Frances

You have a wonderful wife to help you with your feminine side. I'm happy for you ☺️.

Wonderful development! Be sure to do something nice for her. Perhaps buy her a nice flow-ey dress?
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

You have a great wife

You just made the majority of the board jealous. I am very curious about your relationship timeline regarding your cross dressing and her attitude.

A wonderful development, and the sort of relationship that most of us would like. The question is what things might led to this level of acceptance? Has she always been this accepting? Is this a new development?
    What have you done to get your relationship to this point? Inquiring minds want to know!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I will issue a warning here as great as this experience was just remember.
    It does not give you a "green light" to wear all of her stuff.
    This was just a "try on" remember that and not a "you can wear all my clothes" permission thing.
    Also remember she can revoke acceptance if you go too far.
    I don't know how many threads I have read that start off just like this and the guy goes too far and ruins a marriage.

Wow that is so awesome to hear. My wife doesn't like me to wear her things unless like your wife she hands it to me to put on. So be mindful of that.

That is a truly wonderful development! Lucky you!
    Crissy

Every crossdresser's dream. That is wonderful.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Platinum Member
    Better compliment your wife when the fall fashions show up in the stores.

Sounds like a great relationship! My wife knows and accepts my CDing, but I don't think I would ever want to share her clothes- aside from different sizing, I don't know. I'd rather have my own things. Of course, occasionally she gets rid of some items and tells me to check them out, this is how I got my large stash of bras...lol those I can wear.
    -Cheryllynn

Huge break through....and awesome to share.....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Reality Check
    I'm assuming that you weren't wearing breast forms or hip padding when you tried on her dress. These will change the size dress you need.

I am pretty lucky that with my forms and padding, I am the same clothing size as my wife. We can exchange clothing.
    Krisi

It has taken years for us to get to this point. I am 63 and first started trying on panties in secret in my 40?s, and around age 50 divulged this to my wife. She thought it was a lark and in an effort to be a good wife, went along. Of course, it wasn?t a lark and like a moth to a candle I?ve been drawn into more crossdressing. She yo-you?d between acceptance and rejection. I?d push a little and back off, sometimes too late. Only a year ago she blew up over my routine wearing of bras. So I don?t sleep in lingerie or wear bras around her. That just makes her too uncomfortable.

I?ve also had a stealth program to bring up crossdressing and gender ideas in a less personal way through articles and podcasts. On the morning she shared her dress we had listened to a podcast where Ezra Klein interviewed a transgender author. I think helped open her acceptance of gender expressions.

Of course I wanted to thank her for sharing her dress and she got a little emotional, as did I, when I told her it was the nicest thing to happen to me in a long time.

I agree. Having a supportive wife is a blessing. We?re different sizes, so I have my own things. I always ask her opinion on my selections.