On Sunday, my wife and I went to an upscale restaurant to celebrate our 51st wedding anniversary (yes, we've managed to hang in there THAT long, and counting - LOL!).

We both decided to dress in a more formal manner than usual in honour of the occasion, with me opting for a nice pair of slacks and button-down shirt, and my wife in a lovely sundress. When she came downstairs to show me what she had chosen to wear for the dinner, I dutifully complimented her effusively on her outfit...and truth be known, she did look stunning and very feminine in it.

As we walked to the restaurant from the car, my wife remarked offhandedly how strange it felt to be wearing a dress, and that she couldn't remember the last time she wore one. She also commented on how she now had to pay special attention to preserving her modesty, especially since the wind was gusting quite strongly at the time. Needless to say, like most GG's these days, she spends virtually all of her time in jeans, capris, or shorts and the like...in other words - pants.

As a crossdresser, what could I do but smile? All those negatives that my wife was enumerated are what I enjoy about wearing female clothing...and it was actually just last week that I wore one of my dresses while she was out for the day.

Yes, it's become a topsy-turvy world from the one we older crossdressers grew up in, and I for one, miss it terribly.