Thread: What to Wear?!

What to Wear?!

I have a funeral to go to a couple days from now. I tried on the only two pair of men's black dress pants I own and my wife wrinkled up her nose at both. The main objection was extremely baggy fit in the legs. As a bit of a joke I slipped on a pair of woman's skinny leg black pants and a pair of high heel black pumps and walked out and asked my wife what she thought? She had to giggle a bit and said, "Seriously, I like that outfit better than the other two, and with the heels!" I stopped and took a look in our full length mirror and she walked up and said it does look good, but if I wore that outfit there would be a couple more funerals to go to from uptight relatives having heart attacks!

Realistically, I will not be wearing the woman's pants and heels, but probably a nice pair of jeans and woman's boots with a black print shirt.

Give me a break. It's a funeral. Spend $45.
    https://www.wrangler.com/shop/wranch..._color=00082BK

Look dressy and very comfortable. Black dress jeans, boots and black shirt. Perfect.

Pumped, Too bad, you and most of us would rather the woman’s pants with or without the pumps.
    Crissy

Crissy,

Totally agree with you, woman's pants without the pumps, wouldn't want any heart attacks....

Davina

Donate the men?s dress pant to goodwill. Keep the skinny jeans. Bra and panties ok, but I?d avoid stirring things up with the heels.

Reality Check
    The funeral is about the deceased person, don't make it about you. Wear understated men's clothing and don't steal the spotlight.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    not the time for heels

Agree with Krisi. You are there for support not a statement.

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    I agree with Donna on this one. Not worth the risk at this venue.

I guess I would go with what ever looked good and didn?t upset the family! I wouldn?t impose my dressing habits at the time of a funeral. Other than that dose you wife know about your hobby?

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    The funeral is about the deceased person, don't make it about you. Wear understated men's clothing and don't steal the spotlight.
    This reminded me of the time my wife and I attended the wedding of a friend's daughter. One of the bride's male cousins, who is gay, showed up in a cream colored tux with small roses all over and the pants were short's length. Totally became the center of attraction. Bad form.

Ladies, I think Pumped made it clear she was sharing this as a joke with the wife, in response to her assessment of her drab pants. She was not suggesting she would actually wear the jeans and pumps. She was just trying to amuse us.
    Thanks for the post Pumped.

Pumped, I love your wife's response. Too bad about the uptight relatives.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaiden View Post
    Donate the men?s dress pant to goodwill.
    Dress clothing and wranglers "dress jeans" are totally different animals. Think of these as athletic jean like look that breathes, flexes and feel great while cycling and look "dressy" without feeling at all like men's dress clothes and you can wear them to cocktail parties.
    Can't do that with jennings.

Don't knock until you try them.
    Just thinking to think outside the box and try something new for a special occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDonna View Post
    Give me a break. It's a funeral. Spend $45.
    https://www.wrangler.com/shop/wranch..._color=00082BK

Look dressy and very comfortable. Black dress jeans, boots and black shirt. Perfect.
    I went shopping and looked for some nice black jeans, but no luck. So it was a nice pair of blue jeans a black shirt and women's boots.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie Louise View Post
    Ladies, I think Pumped made it clear she was sharing this as a joke with the wife, in response to her assessment of her drab pants. She was not suggesting she would actually wear the jeans and pumps. She was just trying to amuse us.
    Thanks for the post Pumped.
    Exactly!

With my uptight and unaccepting relatives I would not dress fem any way. I drove my mom and sister to the funeral and my mom is not a safe person, and not sure about my sister.
    Last edited by Pumped; 08-13-2022 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks for the clarity. Just fyi, the wrangler dress pants look great in black.

Funerals are not fun, and often it is a relief to play what if games. I don't think anyone has said it yet, so "sorry for your loss"

Sirdonna, thanks, but as for the loss, we certainly didn't see it that way. The funeral was for my aunt that passed at 103 years old. She had been living by herself until earlier this year and she moved into assisted living, then she fairly quickly died the other day. She was up and around one day, and died the next. She was still out walking and visiting and sharp as a tack until the last day. She gave up driving at 101 years old. Good way to go!

It was a celebration of life! Everyone was happy and having a good time laughing about her and how she was busy all the time.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Often we can suit ourselves. On occasion though it's less complicated to fit in and suit what others expect/accept. On the other hand, If each funeral you attend creats two more, then you could get plenty of wear from those heels. Good that we can joke about such occasions. A celebration of life indeed.
    Last edited by Jane G; 08-13-2022 at 03:32 AM.

Wow, wow,wow.103. Hard to imagine some live that long. I am reminded of a time I had to visit a lady that couldn't get out. She was 95 and moved around as a 65 year old. A few just live a long time. I'm glad to hear it was a good event for you.

Hey Pumped! Sorry for your loss, but such is the order of things, and happy you had so many years with her! Also sorry a few here had to bash you for allegedly trying to steal the spotlight. Some people don't understand humor. I think it was funny what you said! I've done similar things with my wife just for the laugh. If you can't laugh, you might as well die already. And if you can't laugh at yourself, then you're no fun to be around.

Mod note:

If anyone wants to have a back and forth conversation, please take it to the PM.

If you have already answered in this thread, please don't do any further back and forth responses.