Thread: Unexpected compliment

Unexpected compliment

i've been in therapy for a couple of years over issues bigger than crossdressing. I've mentioned that about half of my wardrobe is from the woman's department fairly early and the issue was a side note in a few sessions. A few sessions ago, the other issues seemed to have been dealt with as much as possible without dealing with my style.

I went to the next session wearing a very androgynous outfit consisting of black leggings and a basic woman's t shirt. The session went well and we talked about further dressing for the sessions. For the next session, I had just bought a long black dress, very flowy. the spaghetti straps were at the neck so the width of my shoulders were on display. I had bought a nice costume necklace to go with it and wore some wedge sandals.

I've been working with this therapist and the trust has been established and she did make me very comfortable as we talked. Except for how amazing the dress felt I really settled in to a mode where it felt natural to sit there and discuss issues without tension.

About half way through the session, when things were at a fairly light point of conversation, she sort of stopped and told me "I have been looking at that dress and I just love it. I mean, I would really like to have that dress." It caught me completely off guard and was amazingly affirming of my taste in clothes, if nothing else.

It's still early in dealing with the cd issues but it looks promising.

Very nice. Enjoy the compliment. As long as it isn?t about the clothing, what to wear next time?

It was very nice. The session was productive and she was attentive to what was said and gave good feedback. Before we really started delving into the crossdressing issues I consciously went through my wardrobe to determine which items represent my dressing best. I am more androgynous so the dress was on the extreme end for me. Wearing it did feel like it opened the envelope for me and make representing my typical style more comfortably. We'll see.

OK so now we want to see that dress ! ................ Debra

That is a really nice comment and I'll bet you felt great when you left her office.
    Love to see what it looks like

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Nice. Looks like you found the right therapist. I too would love to see that dress.

Bea,

Finding the right therapist can sometimes entail a lot of hot or miss before getting a good one. Sounds like you've got a keeper.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Platinum Member
    That was a positive moment. Affirmations come in many forms!

Bea, What a great compliment. I'm glad you found a therapist you are comfortable with.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".