Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you crossdress?

"I like smoking my cigar but I take it out of my mouth once in a while."

I cross-dress because ... it just seems the natural thing to do.
    I have stopped trying to understand it; I just do it.
    My wife says "it's only clothes" and now I realize she is right.
    luv J

Think some of it is jealously with the styles, print, fabric and other things female clothes have. Jealous that women can wear those items and men can't.

Because I'm a girl trapped in this hideous male body. Used to kid myself I simply liked female clothes. Oh my days x

i know im not, but mostly to feel pretty and that makes me happy. simple as that

Platinum Member
    Why do i dress as a woman? Good question i even wear womens clothing in male mode being in fem is who i am its me i mean who gets up at 430 in the morning puts on a bra and a dress to take the dog out ? Me thats who i have a male mode that wears mens clothing but is wearing a bra panties hair curled and jewelry its me i dont get a rush or a thrill out of dressing i am Wendy that's who i am would i like to be Wendy permanently yes yes yes .. but for now not a option i own a lot more womes clothing than male clothing i pass ok for a mature woman ..

I just love the feeling i have when wearing womens clothing.I have had these feelings since i was very young.Would not want to change it is who i really am.

I don?t know why . Somewhere there is a part of me that gets a charge out of wearing feminine things. Even if I dress partly a few times per week I feel more alive and I?ve noticed that sex with my wife is just better (I do not dress around my wife even though she is ok with it). If I?ve gone several weeks without dressing up, I notice an arousal difference. I have a rich and full male side that I wouldn?t trade, but the Wendy side seems to make the male me much better.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniellaUK View Post
    Because I'm a girl trapped in this hideous male body. Used to kid myself I simply liked female clothes. Oh my days x
    I had to give a sad smile when I read this one because it strikes close to home.

I tend to think of myself as a girl born with a major birth defect (the male body). I've learned that dressing and acting like a man helps disguise the defect and make me more able to blend into the "normal" world. So - I've adapted, and that's what I do most of the time.

It's an odd way of looking at things though.

Now when I get some alone time, I dress in what I feel is appropriate for ME.

I bet we all enjoy reading these threads because we ask ourselves the same question internally from time to time. One sees the same answers but they never get old. Some responses I find difficult to identify with because they would not be valid when I started at a very young age, in secret, pre- any overt sexual feelings as it was before puberty.
    Maybe the answer changes as we grow but I believe any long-term behavior must have rewards.

Dressing is a chance to lay one's constant burdens aside - it is a concrete way to physically distance oneself from the cares of day-to-day life and to don a complete persona that could not possibly be associated with all those problems and fears and memories of failure and hurt. None of that was why I did it the first time, though.

Most of us, nearly all, were nurtured and cared-for in the most intimate sense by women when we were children. Women therefore represent strength and safety and dressing like them is a way to identify and connect to what we admire and love in those special females with which we are most intimately associated. -Even and perhaps especially those women that might disagree vehemently with our desire and practice of crossdressing!

The element of eroticism we enjoy when dressed is inevitable (IMO!) even to those who self-report otherwise. We are wired deep as we go to find the whole aspect as well as the tiniest elements of femininity attractive. Dressing is a way to conjure a woman we have complete control over and who can say that about any other woman? The one in the mirror or reflected in a shop window always smiles back.

Hey this is all me LOL! Any pretense of universalism is unintentional other than I hope you enjoyed reading my comment. My perspective is that of heterosexual crossdresser and is not intended to represent the motivations of the many other kinds of persons born in a male body who find dressing in female clothing rewarding in some elemental way.

It?s just feels good or right. Something that makes you relax, Actually why ? IDK. Just seems right

Because its part of my autism. Its a stim for me that feel really good. being hypertactile the feel of the clothes is very nice.

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

I love it, it feels natural, didnt used to was riddled with guilt for many years, but now embrace it, enjoy it, even my wife has given in trying to stop me, I go out regular and stay out overnight (with my wifes consent), I go shopping during the day, meet other girls I know, we go clubbing at night. I am now complete. The key was accepting that I couldnt defeat it, so enjoy it.

See my signature. it's what I tell myself. Or maybe it's just what was once a vice is now a habit.
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Because I can.

It is fun, as well as a challenge, to coordinate outfits, find the right wig and apply makeup. I am always learning?

Whenever i've dressed, Its mainly been for comfort and relaxation reasons but it's also because as others have already said, fun. I've actually been told by a woman who i used to dress up with, that my eye contact, apparently, improves when I'm dressed as well so there you go.

I have been asking myself that for years.

Because it satisfies me. I feel some much more relaxed and enjoy the comments. So, besides the early erotic factor, I enjoy the ego stroking when asked about it.

I have no reasons that I can verbalize to someone else or even to myself to explain why. It is just something I am driven to do.

Because I have special DNA. It ate me up through midlife but now I accept and just don't worry about it.

Hugs, Michelle

I started trying female clothes and things when I was about 6, they sold some plastic finger tips that had long nails and the corner shop, they came with some candy, I used o get them and fantasize that they were mine, there was a time of playing with dolls with my sisters, then of course trying my mothers pantyhose and then shoes and well, 23 years later I married and did not know why I liked wearing feminine things. Yes I loved the feeling of the pantyhose, yes for some time it was highly erotic, but all that passed and I am still compelled to wear female clothes every day.
    I used to smoke a lot, and I quit from one day to the other when my second daughter was born.
    I used to bite my fingernails, and I stopped from one day to the other as well.
    But I have tried to stop dressing and simply cannot, I no longer buy raunchy stuff, actually my wife jokes that my style of dressing is "grandmotherly" and I dont mind, if I can dress more by dressing more conservativelly, I am happy, I follow Stana's advise an try to dress my age, which, close to 60, is not sexy or raunchy.
    So 50 something years later, I still don't know why do I crossdress, I know I am very lucky to have a wife that accepts me and loves me in spite of the crossdresing that her, the same as I, is unable to understand.

When I am dressed. I look in the mirror and Jennifer is there, I smile. I don't do that in male clothes. All is at peace. That's why I do it.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Because it feels good to be "pretty" and it "detaches" me from myself---Allowing me to completely relax, unwind and de-stress. It is also a "creative outlet" where I get to experiment with changing my appearance and get an idea of how I might have looked had I been born a female.----That's WHY I do it. (Today , anyway)

Pretty simple: it makes me happy!

Now why does it make me happy?
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

The clothes and the styles that I choose tend to give me a sense of completeness. The drab side of my persona works well, as far as it goes. But, my feminine wardrobe seems to add something to my maleness and not take away.