Thread: Sometimes I overthink things

Sometimes I overthink things

I went out today; painted nails, black denim leggings, shoulder bag. So I was trying to decide whether or not to wear a pair of flats. At first I thought I would stand out too much. Then reality hit. Duh. I think the leggings and nails will attract more attention than the flats. So with that in mind I went out and did some shopping for a few hours. If someone told me 6 months ago I would go out like this, sans wig and makeup, I would not have believed it. Actually it is, at times, less stressful than being fully dressed. Just a comforting feeling that i'm presenting my true self.
    Last edited by Angela Marie; 08-18-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Hi Angela. Can you describe the shoulder bag? Is it a standard woman?s purse? I ask because I?ve been wearing womens pants and shorts almost always now, and I?m sick of no pockets, and carrying my wallet and phone in my hand. I?ve been considering a purse, but I?m still drab even wearing the woman?s bottoms.
    How big is your purse?

Hi Valerie. It?s called a baggallini. They come in different sizes. I have a small one; and even that has room for my phone, keys, and wallet, with space to spare. They have a website and you can also purchase them, I believe, on Amazon.
    Last edited by Angela Marie; 08-18-2022 at 07:08 PM.

Platinum Member
    I am glad this is working so well for you, Angela!

Angela, You are one of our members I am so happy for! You just do it in everyday mode and that is wonderful.
    Crissy

Glad you are out and about being you! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Without a wig and makeup I understand. Since you didn't mention them one way or the other, can we assume you did NOT wear a bra and forms. If that's the case, I'm not so sure how much attention you would draw. I really don't pay any attention to whether or not a guy has nail polish and with today's fashions I'd likely think leggings are just something new in men's fashion that I wasn't aware of. The shoulder bag might get my attention. Now, if you were wearing a bra and forms, then I'm pretty sure I'd notice "that guy with boobs." Bottom line is, as many have said, most people just don't notice what is right in front of them as they are self-absorbed in their own little world. Good for you for going out however it is that makes you comfortable.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

When I go out, it's in a dress or skirt and blouse - no wig or makeup and I'm bald. I'm 6-4 so I promise I stand out. I go far enough away though where I'm certain I won't run into anyone I know.

Angela, I'm 6'2 and built like a linebacker. Believe me I stand out. I just don't care.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Heather. In regard to your question I did not wear a bra or forms. Actually i'm quite small for a guy, 5ft 6 135-140 so I don't ever wear forms when I go out. Only a bra or wig; and makeup of course. You may be right about the nails and leggings. I wear leggings 24/7 but I have just started doing my nails. One step at a time.

Aspiring Member
    Angela,

I can so relate to your approach. I too venture out on errands and to appointments wearing women's clothing, shoes, jewelry, and carrying a purse. Oh, and I am usually wearing a bra with enhancers. I am a much taller (6'-7") version of your physique as I have a low BMI.

Yesterday I had to drop-off some documents at my financial advisor's (a GG) office and contemplated removing the enhancers before I went into the office. But I decided to go as-is. As my advisor was free, she invited me into her office where she reviewed the docs and we chatted for about 30 minutes.

I agree, it is so comforting presenting my true self or just being me.
    Michele

Reality Check
    We each have our own way of dealing with what we do and it's great that you went out and had a good time.

For me, it's all or nothing so if I'm out it's either all male or all female, including wig, forms and hip and butt padding. My goal is to be seen as a woman.

As for the "true self" thing, I think my "true self" is a guy who likes to pretend he is a woman from time to time.
    Krisi

I'm like you Krisi, it's either man or woman with no in between look.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Angela,

Here in the Midwest, where we don’t care if a man has long hair in a ponytail. We also have quite a few that paint their nails, my nephew included. Recently, the guy at the return counter at Menards got a compliment from me on his green painted nails. I applaud your desire to crossdress and not feel the need to present as a woman. I will often do the same.

Tracy
    Last edited by Tracy Irving; 08-19-2022 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Replaced “?” with “‘”.

As I've shared already, I recently started doing the same thing: wearing feminine items without trying to pass. No wig, no forms, no bra, men's T-shirt... with a skirt, flats and, if necessary, handbag.
    I agree with you, Angela, that it can be less stressful, as you're being open as can be towards anyone who sees you: "yes, I am a man, and yes I am wearing traditionally feminine clothing".
    Then again, it can also be more stressful. Really depends on situation and mood.