Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to figure out the best way...

I guess the lemon here is...and I'm not being judgey since I"m still working through this myself....communication. it's damn hard after forty years of marriage to start communicating real needs and desires. its a process

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    You mentioned ordering a wig and not wanting her to receive the package.
    From my original post:
    5. I am going to order a wig which will be delivered to our house, and she just needs to be aware if she retrieves the package from the front porch. I cannot order this wig from Amazon so cannot use a locker.

I thought I stated she does need to be aware I've ordered it in case she does pick up the package. Maybe I simply don't express myself properly for which I apologize if that is the case.

--------------------------------------------

Audrey,

I absolutely agree. Our communication has always been pretty decent until this subject presented itself. The issue is I'm willing to talk about this at any, and all, times she wants; but, she simply prefers not to talk about it all that often. I understand her angst. I truly wish there were some way I could get her comfortable talking about her husband dressing in women's clothing. Her take, I believe, is pretty much I'm an adult and can do what I want. By the same token, she is an adult and doesn't have to enjoy what I do and would rather not hear about it. She sees me daily in dresses and lingerie and that's enough for her. She knows when I get something new as I will be wearing it in short order. We have so many things we do together and enjoy together. This just isn't going to be one of those things. What I wish is that I had known I'd have this desire when we first got together 40 years ago and could have told her then. On the flip side of that wish is the fact she probably would have told me "Good-bye" back in those days. While I had tried on bras and pantyhose a few times over the years before I met her, it was a sexual adventure for me as a youth and young adult. I never ever considered going this far into crossdressing. The odd thing is it has no sexual attraction for me now. I simply love the comfort and feel of women's clothing. I'm sure I'm as surprised as she is. The likely difference is I tend not to question my motivations and just accept my life as it unfolds before me. I am not particularly introspective.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Well, all my concern for this coming Saturday was for naught. It seems where I live will be getting a good drenching for the entire weekend as Hurricane Ian passes thru. There is little doubt the event will be cancelled. I will be checking the web site to see if it is rescheduled. And, I love the wig I ordered.

A positive UPDATE: The hurricane has passed thru. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and nice. The park where this even is taking place likely had plenty of rain but I suspect no flooding in that area. Fortunately, in this area the ground is more sand than dirt and water soaks thru it rather quickly. My wife asked if I was still planning to go. If I was, she said she would work at raking up the debris that fell from the trees. I told her I was planning to go and then I went out and raked up most of it. There's still a little bit to rake up; but, I'll take care of it late tomorrow or Sunday. The place I was planning to finish dressing at (above the waist) has announced it will be closed tomorrow for storm clean up. Oh well, there are plenty of other places I can go. It will just involve removing a golf shirt and putting on a tunic top. I'll already have a bra on and forms in place. I'll leave the house with makeup on but no lipstick in case a neighbor would see me thru the car window. That's no big deal nor is the wig. All that can be done in any parking lot and not really draw any attention. I just figured the place I was wanting to change at is a huge outdoor garden and I could enjoy a stroll thru a small part of it before taking off.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather76 View Post
    The agreement with my wife has always been that I don't cause her any embarrassment. Thus, others that we know will not learn that I CD as she would suffer a great deal of embarrassment. While I CD at home, she is not a fan and doesn't believe any of our family or friends would be, either. I would agree with that assessment. I'm not sure why you think I'm hiding things from my wife. I just measure the amount of info I give her, and when I give it, so as not to overwhelm her. This journey I'm on isn't easy on her. I understand her angst and try to respect her reservations about what I'm doing.
    Your statements here seem to accurately reflect my situation. And, I protect that.

First, I appreciate there are some serious considerations you have brought up that I don't want to minimize. I see my self doing much the same level of planning around outings. I really enjoy the anticipation I feel leading up to my adventures. It can keep me in a pink fog for an extended time. I hope it all works out well for you and that you have a great time.
    Traci