Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If My Mother had Caught me as a boy Crossdressing I think she would have ?

I suspect that she knew that her stuff had been messed with. However, with 4 siblings in the house (2 girls and 2 other boys) she may not have know who it was. The subject never came up. I suspect that she would not have said anything, but prayed for me to out grow it.

This is an interesting question. My mother was a girly girl who had a macho husband and two sons. I was the youngest, and (tho she never told me) I'm sure she would have wanted a girl. She and my father separated when I was 10 and divorced a few years later, and my brother and I lived with my father. So, no sisters or mother to "borrow" from, so while I have ancient memories of liking girly things, there was no way I could act on those thoughts. But my mother being the way she was (and for all I know she dressed me in girls clothes when I was very young - one reason I like it now?), I think she would have been fine with my crossdressing. Too bad she's no longer with us, so I'll never know. But I'm pretty sure I would have come out to her by now.

My mother caught me more than once. Punishment ranged from a beating to spending two weeks locked in a psych ward. Once she made me wear a dress in front of her friends as punishment. I remember how mad she got when one of them told her it looked better on me than on my sister.

OMG Rachel, I'm so sorry you had to go through that barbaric treatment just for being yourself. The remark from your mother's friend must have been reassuring to you at the time that there were some people out there who understood you and were supportive - unless she was joking, which would have made the situation worse. I'm glad you've been on the forum (much longer than I have!) and know you're far from being alone and there's a whole world of support for you.

Hugs,
    Larissa

My mom would let me wear my sister's panties when I had no underwater guess what I ran out alot lol.but my stepdad made me dress up in my sister's clothes I had to put on my sister's pink pantyslip her cotton bra and her party dress it was so nice the dress.i even wore her pink socks and black shoes.i had to stay on the porch all. Day while all the kids saw me and made fun.but ilovef it I was dressed.

I know my mom knew, she just didn?t say anything. My mom was old school I kinda wish she would have said something. I think I would have been happy after the initial bumpy road. I?m pretty sure I would have turned out a lot different and not where I am now (hiding my CD).

I didn't put two and two together until after my mother passed away. She made a comment to my wife that when my wife told me about it all the pieces clicked into place. She knew the entire time and staged clothes for me while I thought I was being sneaky. There was a pair of blue satin panties in her drawer that didn't match any others and in hindsight they wouldn't have fit her. There were always dresses and things she stored in my closet. There was an Indian girl out fit for a while, I would love to ask her about that. She knew but nothing was ever said.

My mom thinks a guy wearing women's clothes is disgusting, revolting, sinful, whatever word you can think of that's worse. So it would not have been good.

Been caught more than once and had all the talking too?s. Angry. Crying. Livid. Calm. Silent. Eventually I figured honesty is the best policy. And when asked why I said I like it better. All the clothes and the little bows on the underwear too. And that just make the cycle repeat itself.

Aspiring Member
    She would have been proud of her handiwork.

My Mum dressed me every day until I started school. She did so with all of her ten children. Many mothers in the late 1950s where I lived considered having a little girl as a reason to adorn her with every frill that they could find. My three sisters suffered through that. One of my earliest memories is of meeting a friend and his twin sister at church when we were are five. She was gorgeously arrayed. I was jealous. As a little guy, I wore a sports jacket and bow tie every Sunday from before I could crawl through age twelve.

I started asking about dressing as a girl at age five. My Mum told me each time that I was a boy and she would dress me as such. But she would consider it a challenge to make our Halloween costumes, whatever we asked. She was good at it, too. At age nine, I asked to be a girl for Halloween. She did not even hesitate. Dressing a girl was easy. She already dressed three daughters every day. I was shortly attired in a broomstick skirt and an off the shoulder top. She found a wig and I was a girl for Halloween. All day long at school and for trick or treating that evening.

I dressed in my eldest sister?s clothes from time to time. We were the same size all through childhood and we still are. My dressing in her clothes, I kept hidden. I would return the clothes to their exact place, neatly folded or hung. No one ever said a word about it.

Junior Member lynn.crossdresser's Avatar

Saved a fortune

If My Mother had Caught me as a boy Crossdressing I think she would have ?

Saved a fortune as I had 3 older sisters, that said I didn't start femming up until I was 18 years old.

Nothing was ever said but when I Got married my father said they had been worried I might be homosexual.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Its sad, back then ---Back then Homosexuality was considered the "same thing" as Transsexualism AND Crossdressing. In the eyes of MOST people anyway. Homosexuals were men who wanted to be women (or, mentally, already were) and Crossdressing was how they expressed it. No wonder so many parents were disproportionally "upset" over CD and so many of us kids fearful and confused. Fortunately, I was a more scientific-minded, BOOKISH kid and managed to look up what was going on with me.---And cut a lot of my potential anxiety in the bud, by understanding that I was a CD and nothing else.---- But my own studies didn't help anybody ELSE clarify issues, so I remained very discreet about my hobby.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Ah, yes. The CAUGHT thread. I so wish it had been:

When my parents returned from the opera, there I was, still tied to a chair and dressed like a sissy by my sisters.

As far as I know, they never went to the opera so, this is the only time I can recall.

Being very stealth with my secret activity, I would return mom's bra and arrange it perfectly, exactly as I had found it,
    even after having chosen one from the middle feeling that the top one being askew would be noticed.

So clever. At least, so I thought until one day she sternly announced, "Stay out of my underwear drawer!"
    The puzzlement to this day is that she then turned to my father and said, "That goes for you, too!"

Hmmm?
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 09-25-2022 at 08:29 AM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Never caught--really. But possibly suspected. In my later youth years the folks just went into "problem doesn't exist" or "I want nothing to do with that and it's just a phase and it will pass" kind of a deal. In reality I might have got the belt from dad and pretty sure mom would have insisted I dress to "get it out of my system." Hard to say and glad none of that never came to pass.

I was just plain lucky that I was not caught. I can remember being very nervous about trying you name it, everything. I did manage to put everything back but looking back on it now it is hard to believe I did such a good job of doing so.
    Those were some fun days!
    Crissy

I was the last child in the house and I think my mother knew I was getting into her clothing , but she never did say anything. She had to notice that her things were messed with. But it goes back to what I was always told when I was growing up that when I was born they wanted a daughter. So in a roundabout way they got one.

I was caught by my grandmother once wearing her shoes and pantyhose. She said it was fine as I was sitting with her. She?d had a stroke and needed constant monitoring. I was 13-14 and I suppose she liked me sitting with her so I volunteered more and she allowed me to wear the shoes and hosiery. This went on for a few months until she had another series of strokes and could no longer fully function and needed professional monitoring.

The scare came when my ?manly? man uncle found the shoes and pantyhose stashed in a place my grandmother would have never had them.

He started asking questions and she seemed to try her best to say they were now mine. I was mortified and could understand what was happening. In hindsight, I think she was trying to give them to me and didn?t get the situation.

Fortunately, I had a younger gay brother who probably took the rap without any fanfare.

My mother later found her pantyhose stuffed under my mattress during a Sunday cleaning and started asking questions and I think my brother unwittingly took the rap for that a well.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Meant to add that my mom would have KILLED me as I was the ?not-gay? son if she had caught me.

Got "caught" when I was 12, but she definitely knew Older sister had wanted a little sister. Her comment to Sis was never let your brothers know. When Mom caught me in her clothes she was "mad" then told me to make sure my brothers never caught me. { Very bigoted family)
    Later some of Sis' old clothes showed up in my clothes after my older brother joined the military.
    She did show me some make up tips, mainly how to get ALL the lipstick off. Later in life Mom blamed herself because she wanted another daughter so badly after Sis passed away. I had a lot of trouble convincing her that it wasn't her fault, I was just "that way".

I was caught in my mother's dresser. If I recall correctly I ended up at a therapist. There was a lot other happenings also in the Irish big family household. At the moment I don't remember much of the counseling session. It had the makings of don't ask don't tell....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinaTwelve200 View Post
    Its sad, back then ---Back then Homosexuality was considered the "same thing" as Transsexualism AND Crossdressing. In the eyes of MOST people anyway.
    Unfortunately I think most people still do believe this. Except maybe the younger generations, so there's hope for the future. But I'll be long gone.....

My mom called me a 'pansy'.

Still hurts a bit. A f*&^%king pansy!!

I wear it as a badge now, a effing pansy. Deal with it.
    I'm not funny. What I am is brave.

Lucille Ball

My mother never caught me dressing. But she did find some stashes multiple times. The first time she found my stash she asked me about it and I denied it(stupid me), she also told my father about it and he had a talking with me about it. The next time she found my stash I didn't notice it for a bit, and then one night I went to wear it and noticed it was gone, most of the stash was old things of hers, but she didn't say anything. The last time she found my stash I confronted her about it since majority of it was my stuff that I bought she questioned me about it again. I finally told her I did wear them and it stopped. After a while we didn't talk about it again, until one day we were at my grandfather's and she talked about how she wanted me to be a girl before I was born(her and my father never knew my sex till I was born) and I tried to use that as an opening later on to get her to accept my dressing. I waited till we were home and I confronted her about it. I told her I liked to wear women's clothing and that I wanted to be more open about it around the house. It didn't go well. She was mad and told me not to do it around her. I remember some nights I would go downstairs and she would ask me what I was wearing and I told her just my boxers and shorts. I did at times wear panties under my boxers when walking around the house and then I just did panties and shorts. There is times when I wish I was caught wearing them just to see if she would be more accepting or less accepting

My mother caught me with one of her slips (I wasn't wearing it). She yelled at me "What are you doing with my slip?" I made up some silly lie, and nothing more was said. But in retrospect, I believe that both my parents knew, but were too embarrassed to say anything about it.

Anyway, one of the first items of female clothing I bought for myself was a full slip. Every time I put it on, I would think to myself "No, mother. Not your slip. My slip."
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

I wish I could answer this in the Would Have category. Mom came into my room Sunday morning and found me asleep in her hose. (Think frantic Mary Cooper from Young Sheldon) of course she needed them for church and I put a run in them. I had to go to the store and buy her a new pair. She essentially lost her mind on me, which was fair, I lost my trust with her. She snooped and found a stash from time to time, sent me to a psychologist, turns out I was not gay (shocker) just a CDer. Through this I did learn independence, and there is no I in team…but there is a Me.

Okay, I’m better now.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.