Thread: Who knows and was it embarrassing

Who knows and was it embarrassing

Just wondering how many of us have been outed and if so was it embarrassing. At home my wife likes me to dress all the time which is not a problem as we have a pretty secluded house with electric gates that cannot be accessed without prior notice to us to open them, which then gives my wife the chance to go to the door or for me to ignore any callers. On this occasion we were in the middle of one of my photoshoots which are a quite regular event in which my wife likes me to model various new outfits and she enjoys her love of photography. It was midday and I was modelling an extremely fetching and fancy French maids outfit which my wife had gifted me and she decided we should take a break for lunch, whilst she prepared something she suggested that I go into the garden and hang the laundry on the line to dry which seemed ok as the garden is private. Suddenly I heard a unfamiliar 'excuse me' behind me and froze only for this female voice to repeat 'excuse me' I had no choice but to turn and face this very attractive young woman holding a large delivery of flowers which I had to accept from her. Now I am quite passable but must have been obviously male because a) I got very flustered and b) what woman flounces around her house wearing an overtly sexy French maids outfit and seamed pantyhose. Upon entering the house my wife was bent over laughing and it became clear that she had been expecting the delivery and upon seeing an attractive woman turn up had opened the gates and instructed the woman to come to the rear of the house therefore catching me in all my finery. Mortifying at the time but a great memory now.

hello Amy
    I am sure that several people "know" abut my cross dressing hobby. I have never told anyone apart from my wife, who treats it as something that is perfectly normal.
    There was one incident that was exceedingly embarrassing though. One afternoon I was at home and dressed casually. I was wearing a woman's tee shirt, blue velvet trousers and slippers which had sequins on them. A friend called needing to speak to me urgently to tell me that a mutual friend had died. My wife let him in. I could not hide, but I did quickly remove and hide the slippers. This friend is a "manly" man and somewhat homophobic. He did not comment. Though in subsequent conversations he frequently told me how boys should be brought up to be real men and learn how to fight. For months after that visit I became really scared when the doorbell rang and my wife answered it.
    stay healthy!
    luv J

Platinum Member
    In my case, the outing occurred at the end of a long marriage. I will spare you the details and simply note that my understandably angry ex made it a point to tell as many of my family members and friends as she could, including my then adolescent children, siblings, aunts and uncles. A few asked me about it and I lied, simply attributing the story to a woman scorned, as the expression goes. Of course some of those people knew of my earlier behaviors which were consistent with the story they were hearing.

Amy, That's a funny story. Your wife has a great sense of humor.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Amy, your wife sure set you up on that. And the flower delivery lady has a "guess what I saw today" story.

I like your wife very much. She is a riot. Can we share?

Aspiring Member
    thats a funny story.

Banned Read only
    First,you have a great and supportive wife. I'd love it, if I was able to prepare our evening meal attired in dress and heels.

Outed? A number of years ago, the house next to ours was a rental, inhabited by a family of women who did not work. In my daily routine as a retiree many times I would sit in our back yard on one of our many swing sets to read or eat my breakfast or lunch. One day in male mode I overheard one of them asking another a question, :Why would he dress like a woman?" The cat was out of the bag. The entire group was nosy and gossiping. They always chatted with the neighbors, so I am assuming it was mentioned to others. I never sensed anything amiss with the neighbors. I just would talk to several after retrieving the mail from the central community mailbox. In order for me to be spied upon in our backyard, someone would have to make a serious attempt to do so as there is only one vantage point. That curtailed using the yard.

I have to be careful that my wife doesn't out me accidentally. She's so used to seeing me in a cami with short shorts or a skirt that she sometimes forgets that I really shouldn't be seen that way if someone shows up. She's let people in before while I'm hightailing to the next room to change. But it is what it is if I'm caught, at least I'm not lounging around in a French Maid outfit or anything...... (sorry, Amy! Had to!)

Funny story. I imagine at the time quite embarrassing.
    But I’m afraid I have to invoke that old saying, “photos or it didn’t happen.”

Sorry… i don’t make up the rules.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

You are lucky to have a understanding wife. Some of us don?t

That's a funny story. Had that happened by accident, it would not be funny at all. Bless your wife for apparently loving the fact you crossdress and for having such a great sense of humor.

Outed? Yes, by accident. A lady who works where I volunteer saw me at a Ross store and asked if I purchased anything. When I told her I purchased a dress, she asked if my wife liked it and if I often times buy clothes for my wife. Long story short: I told her I couldn't lie to her and the dress I purchased was for me as I enjoy crossdressing. She was 100% fine with that. We had a subsequent conversation about it. I wish my wife (who knows I CD) were as understanding and supportive. It was not embarrassing but did catch me off-guard.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I would say it's debatable that u can be outed by a stranger, Amy?

But, if u were, than I've been outed a 1000 times. Because every time I've been out dressed, every stranger that saw me knew I was a MIAD!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I was up north at my cabin changing outfits and taking pictures when two friends (male and female) from down the road decided to stop by and say hello. No makeup or wig, just crossdressing. After I went inside to change back to drab we sat around talking about it as well as other things. I was embarrassed at first but later on became hopeful this event would bring us closer together as she is very politically active and outspoken. It did no such thing.

Well the time I was outed as such was during a police car check.
    Hell, that was the most frightening moment of my life.
    I consider myself passable as I am petite.
    I was of course way too sexy for a night out.
    The officer called me "Miss may I see your ID and Lic."
    Well that was the best part as he thought of me as a she.
    But the ID and Lic were just a dead give away.
    He asked me where I was going and I was just honest and say driving around and thinking about going to a convenience store.
    He then ran a check on me and when my name came up clean, he said "drive carefully, good night" all with a straight face.
    You cannot imagine my fear from this. I was so shaken I could barely drive home straight away.

When I was six or so and the only fem garment I wore regularly was a really nice black dress, I made the mistake of modeling my dress to my neighbor, who I believed was my best friend, who was in my room at home.

Upon seeing me, my friend left running and shouting: "My name put on a skirt!", "My name put on a skirt". I panicked, took my dress off to chase after him, but he was too far gone.

I was devastated, confused, and feeling guilty. I don't remember much about the details, as it was a very long time ago now, but I recall not wanting to go out to play for a couple of days. When I finally did go out, I was surprised to find that nothing seemed to have happenned and no one talked to me about it. My friendship with the other boy was never the same again.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

During our divorce, my ex outed me to several people, family, friends, etc. I don't have a list, but the way I was treated changed dramatically in a lot of cases.
    What did I do? I kept on doing what I had done before and figured they'd either realize it didn't matter or chalk it up to a bitter ex wife; both of which were true.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Reality Check
    My wife is probably more afraid of me being "outed" than I am. She would never do something like that.
    Krisi

Years ago, when I lived alone on a lake, I left some things out on the kitchen table. Including breastforms and lingerie. A close friend of mine stopped by on his pontoon and had a bunch of ladies use my bathroom while i was away. There were many questions after that....

Just another 'Gurl'
    A lot of people in my life know, including my wife. The other day we were talking about clothes we felt sexiest in. She guessed a dress for me, but it is actually skinny jeans.
    Just another man in a dress

You are so lucky to have such a supportive wife who helps with photos, etc. - I am one of the many who can only dream about having that relationship.

As to the "surprise", I would not sure what to think if it had happened to me . . . maybe because being outed in any form is one of my worst fears. I guess it is just one of those things that is reflective of and somewhat unique to each relationship.
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

My brother walked in on me one Saturday night while I Was cooking dinner in a skirt and apron. He had borrowed my car, but I wasn't expecting him to drop it off until the next day. But he was cool about it. He was in show business and nothing fazed him.

I didn't try to downplay it, and admitted I was a crossdresser. It didn't affect our relationship at all.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.