Thread: cross dressing aids my recovery from surgery

cross dressing aids my recovery from surgery

hello,
    I had major surgery at Easter that left me with a 9 inch scar beneath my ribs, which developed a hernia.
    The surgery had to be repeated a few weeks ago.
    Since then I have worn some tight fitting women's vest tops (with lots of Lycra), and they seem to hold things together better and make the wound more comfortable as it heals.
    I just thought I would pass on that hint on in case anyone else is unlucky enough to need abdominal surgery. And it makes me pleased that my cross dressing has a purpose!
    Stay healthy!
    luv J

Hi Jacques! Yes, that is a good idea for sure! I know that my corset helps with my permanent back pain issues, along with my heels! My wife didn't believe this in the beginning, but after spending the evening with me at a Christmas gathering, she was amazed that I was able to move around all night long, no issues, and of course, not a complaint from my lips!

I have had several abdominal hernia surgeries and it was my wife who suggested I try her Spanx, of course I did and loved every minute of it. Later on I went and bought high waisted shape wear of my own, I tried on several at Macys with the assistance of a very nice SA
    Crissy

Lol. Yep. I spent 3 full days in one of my corsets last time I hurt my back seriously. Nothing else worked as well.

Jacques, I hope that you fully recover soon. It's great that you found a benefit from crossdressing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Thats sounds great Jacques. Should be available on the NHS. Don?t think I could convince my wife. Good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery.

I cracked a couple of ribs a few years ago and found the security of a tight corset help relieve the pain and anxiety when I coughed or sneezed. Plus, it felt really good on me.

I am going to have another biopsy (down there) next month, wondering if my doc will prescribe wearing a tight girdle to promote healing! Or if I injure my breasts, get a prescription to wear a push-up bra? Maybe an online doctor?

This past winter, I wore my hip shaper/girdle, at my wife's suggestion, to allow me shovel snow more comfortably while I was pre-operative for a hernia. Although not a truss which is designed for such a thing it did wok for me for the short term. I was comfortable and the shoveling/lifting did not aggravate my injury. I would not recommend this for anyone however - use the proper medical equipment!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I'm my thirties I hurt my back lifting a motorcycle engine out of it's frame. We were planning on driving to my sister-in-law's house two hours away. Wearing a panty girdle under my jeans allowed me to make the trip. The back still reminds me to this day.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I have had two lower back surgery and have frequent pain. My wife suggested try wearing a tight fitting underbust bustier. Stops the pain plus gives me uplift to my boobs. Win, win.

Banned Read only
    I had abdominal surgery many years ago and the best I could do was to wear baggy sweat pants. My wife had abdominal surgery and back surgery (different events). She bought two summery long dresses with empire waists. The dresses gather under the breasts and flow freely as to not put any pressure on the wound areas. On occasion I have worn those two dresses and they are very comfortable. It would have been nice to have had that clothing option when I had my surgery.

I haven?t had surgery, but am prone to back muscle spasms. On goes my high waisted Rago girdle with hose. Ahhhh what relief.

I also love the support a waist shaper corset delivers. My back just feels better when I am in one.

Quote Originally Posted by NancySue View Post
    ... high waisted Rago girdle ...
    Funny; I put that in as a search term (just curious; I've had something similar before) and what comes up but a medical supply company.

I had open heart surgery in 2020 and I wore mastectomy bras for 6 months so that my sternum would stay in line while healing.

I had a 'watchdevice' inserted in my heart last August 2021. It was amazing, it was all done robotically with wires inserted through my arteries. In by 6 home by 5. I just wanted to comment on your post on how different surgeries are now. I learned if you are not cut open it is called a 'procedure'.

In 2015 I fell on black ice and shattered my wrist. I couldn't work belts or zippers, my wife suggested elastic waist pants. Well hello my world! Chic jeans, all sorts of elastic waist jeans and shorts. Pretty nice.
    Last edited by char GG; 08-28-2022 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post directly before yours

I just had a inguinal hernia repaired a little over 2 weeks ago and I have been wearing control briefs since it developed. Wearing them kept the hernia pushed in and wearing them after the repair helped in the healing.