Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ironic moment

Ironic moment

My wife and I are planning a long distance driving trip soon, but she has mobility problems and is worried about having to use the public restrooms. Most toilets are too low and she has a great deal of trouble getting back up afterward.

Now, in the back of my mind, I came up with the perfect answer: "What if instead or travelling with your husband, you were with a lady friend? Then I could go in with you and help you if you need it."

Now of course I know how such a suggestion would be received - not well to say the least. So I've kept silent.
    Still - I have to smile a bit at the irony of it. We both could benefit.

I'm not looking for suggestions, really. I just thought I'd share a "what if" moment.
    But it might be fun to hear your little moments where things could have been easier in girl mode.

I think its great you are thinking of ways to help your wife sounds like a great idea to me. The traveling with my wife dressed as two ladies is on my bucket list but first I need to have the talk with her.

SaraLin, Absolutely a perfect idea but I understand what you are saying.
    Crissy

Or she could crossdress as a man and you could both use the mens restrooms? Try running that past here! Lol
    Last edited by Karren H; 08-30-2022 at 06:04 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    Sorry that your wife has to cope with mobility issues. I hope you have an otherwise enjoyable trip!

Sara, that is an interesting situation for sure. Sadly, the best solution is at your fingertips and yet so far away. Must be a bit frustrating. It is an amazing irony.

That is a great idea. Might have to bring it up when we need it.

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    I believe you have come up with the ideal solution.
    However things work out, I hope your trip goes well and is trouble free.

Reality Check
    Many public places have "handicapped" restrooms where the toilets are higher than normal and there are grab bars to make things easier for people with mobility problems. In many cases, it's OK for a friend or family member to go into these restrooms with the person needing to use the toilet.

Travelling as a female sounds like fun, but remember, you will most likely have to shave every few hours.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    You never know what she will say, if you never ask. I think it is a great suggestion.

On the mobility issue I am sure you are aware there are attachments to increase the height of a toilet. I would suggest purchasing one to use along the way in public restrooms.

Second the attachments to raise toilet seat height. In many places a handicap assistant of opposite sex is permitted in rest rooms. Check rules in your travel area they may be looser than you fear.

I doubt if she'll go for fem assistant, but nothing asked, nothing gained.

Junior Member Stephanie Voorhees's Avatar
    Personally, I think I would ask her and see what she has to say. The answer will always be no if you never ask the question

I agree with Stephanie. You might just toss the idea out in jest to read the temperature. But if you dont ask you dont get!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What if's can take u most anywhere u like, Sara! What if u were born female!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I've been in the women's bathrooms about two dozen times helping my wife when she was in a wheelchair. Never had any issues.
    That was before I started wearing really feminine outfifts.

Ten years ago it was really easy getting around Washington DC with a disability parking permit.
    We always seemed to find a parking spot when we needed one!

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 08-26-2022 at 02:37 PM.

I think worth an ask at least...you never know, and you might get a pleasant surprise.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I have made ridiculous suggestions to people many times throughout my life, it's surprised me how many of those times the answer was yes. From the time I suggested to my mom that I could buy a motorcycle (I was 16 and I'd heard all my life how deadly those things are) to the time I suggested a gender reversal halloween theme for my wife and I (I made a great Alice in Wonderland!)

SO, As long as she already knows your dirty little secret (and even if she doesn't), and you play it right so you can call it a joke if the answer's no, you just never know!

My opinion is to make the suggestion. She might start to see the benefits of having a crossdressing husband. Like others have said, you can’t get a yes if you don’t ask. Due to multiple surgeries and long recoveries 11 years ago, I have mild mobility issues that are progressing. I don’t really need assistance yet but now I’m thinking maybe I should suggest to my wife that I dress up and accompany her to the women’s restrooms to save her the embarrassment of needing to assist me in the men’s room. I’m willing to take one for the team!

I think although your suggestion suits you fine it would not suit your wife. You could ask . If the response is negative. I think your alternative will be en drab chaperone for unisex or disabled rest rooms.

I guess a lot will depend on how many places have facilities for people with mobility issues.

I know the chances maybe slim but since you are travelling to a different area there may be more chance of acceptance.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Trust me, I have dropped a couple hints about the idea - but it was about as successful as suggesting "orgy night" as a fund raiser for the local church. NO WAY!

At present, she's hoping to make the trip without having to make a stop - or maybe find handicapped stalls that are higher.
    She's also suggesting that we break the trip into two segments and stop and get a room where she can get my help, without raising any eyebbrows.

I guess we'll see how it all comes out, since we're headed out tomorrow morning.

Oh - and about the "seat raisers" - she can barely stand and sit on her own. I don't see her being able to wrestle a booster seat into place on a public toilet, not to mention taking it back out, cleaning it off, putting it back, etc.

SaraLin, Good luck, breaking the trip into two days sounds good.
    Personally I like the fund raiser for the local church
    Crissy

"Orgy night" had me rolling!

Bummer she's not cool with the CD angle. Don't know where you're going or how to find these places in advance, but I've been to gas stations in NC (not long after their silly "bathroom bill") where they took down the usual signs on both bathrooms and gave them new signs for unisex.

I think that it is a very loving suggestion, and actually could be a lot of fun for both of you

Do it!

I don't think that anyone would fault you for accompanying your spouse into the women's to assist her.

Another thought: Walmart and Target stores all seem to have a "family" restroom that's open to the public. Nobody will challenge you about making a purchase.