Thread: Parkinson's Disease and Crossdressing

Parkinson's Disease and Crossdressing

On a less fun and frilly note, I wanted to share that in January 2021, at age 43, I was diagnosed with YOPD (Young Onset Parkinson's Disease). I discovered it very early, so my symptoms are still relatively mild and manageable. I've had to make adjustments though. I sometimes feel physically exhausted at random times and need to rest. I also can't focus as intently for long periods of time before mental fatigue kicks in. I've had to switch to a less demanding/stressful job at work, which has actually been a silver lining. I feel like I'm focusing more on myself and my family, versus career, which is actually really good. I'm also exercising a lot more, which helps slow progression. And the medicine I'm taking helps a great deal. So I'm trying to be optimistic and look for the silver lining.

But among many other concerns, I am worried that as the disease continues to progress it may hinder or even stop my ability to crossdress. The MtF transformation process takes hours of work and focus, and only then can I even start enjoying "being" Camille by taking photos, dancing, and even perhaps taking a short walk outside. I worry that in 5-10 years I won't have the focus or energy to do it anymore, let alone the physical ability to take much of a walk outside. Or perhaps my hands won't even be steady enough to do makeup. And PD can dull your facial expressions - so perhaps Camille's pretty smile won't be quite as big and beautiful.

I know some people might consider the loss of crossdressing a trivial thing, but I know that you all understand the happiness it brings. My hope is that I'll still continue to dress and enjoy CD'ing for many years to come. But I just needed a safe place to express my fear that maybe I won't be able to.

Camille

I wish you all the best and with the advances in treatment and technology, hopefully it can be manageable. Dress as much as possible!

Sorry to hear that Camille. I do understand the happiness and joy that CD brings . None of us would bother if it didnt. Make the most of your opportunities and saviour the joy. Explore all the medical options available to you . I hope it works out well for you. I too wish you all the best for the future.

Love your pictures from your AB&B adventure, best of all and prayers are with you; be safe stay who you are - dress as much as you can and please keep us informed .........................Debra

Camille, Sorry to hear this but new treatments and how to deal with things keep getting more advanced. Hopefully it will not effect your crossdressing at all. Underdressing keeps me connected and assorted little things can help along the way.
    Good luck, you have all of us here rooting for you. Keep that smile going!
    Crissy

So sorry to hear about that Camille.
    Having medical issues myself that will be with me forever all I can say is keep active and keep a positive attitude.
    Don't think about the negative just the positive things in your life.
    Its very possible you can CD many more years than you might think.

So sorry to hear. Life can be hard sometimes and we never know what those around us are dealing with. I completely understand the joy of crossdressing and can only imagine what losing that would be like. I pray that your health holds out for you and you can enjoy your life to the fullest.

Roxie

Camille - so sorry to hear that you are afflicted with this disease that affects so many. I hope you can take heart in the medical advances that are coming in all directions, and I hope you can be helped. Meanwhile, continue to enjoy and take solace in CDing as you have - we all know the happiness and peace of mind it can bring, and hopefully will well into the future for you. You know we are all behind you.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Camille. so sorry to hear about your health issues. I pray the health advancements coming your way in the future will be to your advantage. Continue to dress as much as you can and enjoy those beautiful times and keep smiling. Cheers, Victoria.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Camille, I too have PD. It was diagnosed in the spring of 2018. It was over looked for awhile because of my stubbornness of going to the Doctor. Does your CD'ing have to change? Only if your want it to. As with every challenge in this life, it is your attitude, that determines how things will go. If you have not had "the talk" with the wife, now may be a good time. Exercise and do your stretches after wards. Stretching is just as important as the exercises. In fact I stretch even before going to bed at night. Any nylon/silky lingerie can actually help with your sleep, in fact satin sheets can also help too. Do what you can do, to help slow any progression of the disease, remember to enjoy and make the best of whatever comes your way.

Feel free of message me at any time, I am more than willing to encourage you any way that I can.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Also so very sorry to hear this news.
    I will echo what Victoria said and prey that indeed Camille will be enjoying herself and her smile for a very long time.
    Take care, and best..

Emily

Platinum Member
    I am so sorry to hear about your condition, but glad that thus far you are responding well to treatment. As you probably know better than any of us, treatment for Parkinson?s is advancing rapidly. While there may not be a miracle cure, its entirely possible that there will be advancements that slow or maybe even halt the progression. Let?s hope that is the case and that you can enjoy cross dressing for the remainder of a very long, and otherwise healthy life!

Banned Read only
    I always sorry to hear or read of someone coming gown with a life altering disease. As others have stated, there is continuing advances in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease although you're correct in fearing how the disability may interfere with an activity so need and love so dearly. In reading your prior posts I did notice your wife's attitude is semi-supportive. Perhaps, when the time comes you need assistance she will be more supportive and help.

Keep fighting Camille. Dont let this disease get you down. Whatever you do keep smiling because it?s beautiful.

Camille,

Never give up the fight.

Enjoy as much as you can for as long as you can.

I am sure being Camille actually help because of the happiness it brings to you.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Camille, I am so sorry to hear this. My mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's in her mid 50s. She is now 92 and only has mild tremors. So, there is hope. If your tremors are more severe you may have to limit the amount of makeup you apply or have someone else apply it for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    So sorry to read your post and wishing you all the best, especially with new treatment options.
    I hope that your urge, dedication and enjoyment of crossdressing will allow you to enjoy your passion through the challenges ahead.

Crossdressing isn't a trivial thing if it makes you happy. I sure hope you keep that smile you have in your avatar picture.