Thread: Doppelganger

Doppelganger

Okay, most of us are still wearing masks in shops.

As I was about to enter my local chemist, a woman about my age, preceded me by about 3 seconds into the chemist, putting our masks on as we entered.
    She was wearing a dress that would easily be part of my style.
    She started chatting to the SA to her about a prescription, the SA turned to get something from behind her and the lady in front stepped to the side preparing to wait.
    The SA turned to me and continued the chat for about 5 seconds before realizing I wasn't her current customer.

As I stood looking at the woman, her hair was the same colour as my wig, we both had a bit of natural grey hair on display at the top of our ears, her eyebrows were the same shape and colour as mine, as was her eyes, I also noticed our pose was the same, with hands crossed in front of us.

I wasn't sure if I did a good job of crossdressing or if I should feel sorry for her, nor was I sure how she felt as we locked eyes and she discretely scanned me a couple of times.

It was a very strange feeling, but I'm sure she was a very nice kind person
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Platinum Member
    There has been a series about doppelg?ngers in the NYT this past week. Interesting!

Rachel, I assume where as you are masked, if your hair and eyes are similar the SA is going to take a cue from only those features.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

An interesting experience, Rachel. Must have been a bit like looking in a mirror without a mirror. Perhaps that is a bit of the reality that males and females are more alike than they are different. However, that usually refers to behavior than looks, but it can be either or both. A memorable moment and must have produced a moment of "what is going on here?" for the SA.

Platinum Member
    I would think if the chemist is a person who looks people in the eye when conversing it is probable the similarity of the face and hair mentally suggested she was talking to the woman. She was probably engaged in reviewing the prescription in her hand, formulating her thoughts and talking at the same time. I suppose her brain went into analyzing you as it realized you were not the woman and the brain was registering a mismatch between her new visual and stored memories. Sort of a cross dresser not being noticed until there is more in-depth scrutiny.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No one wears masks here in SoCal anymore.

Except Sherry!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That's fun! I was once just browsing around looking at other CDs and found a CD doppelganger of myself!

I never ran across my female doppelganger, but sometimes when dressed I can see some similarity to my sisters or cousins.
    The other day, while dressed, I came out of a store and locked eyes with a woman a few years older than me passing the door. We both exchanged pleasantries, then she looked at me quizzically, and said, "You're Nancy, right?". I told her that she must have mistaken me for someone else, and we went on our separate ways. Perhaps my female doppelganger is out there. If nothing else, it was some confirmation that I am doing something right. It was a step above hearing someone call me Ma'am.

I can not remember the number of doppelgangers there are supposed to be for everyone but I truly feel sorry for the women that look like me enfemme!
    Last edited by Karren H; 08-30-2022 at 06:05 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It certainly made me change the way I was standing and holding my hands - I wanted something to make us look more different (other than the clothes)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz