Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curious: What do GAYs get out of Cross-dressing?

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Yeah, TAG is correct.
    However, with my experience in gay bars in the past.... even those that featured drag shows........gays usually feel a sort of a kinship with CDs who were not drag queens
    Keep in mind, just like with hetro males, gays males have different personalities, likes and dislikes .... and might even have some Bi tendencies
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 08-31-2022 at 01:13 PM.

We sort of have a kid (20-something) who is as gay as gay can be. He's married to a great guy. A few years ago he ventured publicly into crossdressing, he especially loved maxi skirts. Then he decided he was a she, and started hormone therapy. Looked pretty awesome when dolled up. Then he decided he's still a guy and stopped. Now he's a gay married guy who likes to wear skinny jeans, or skirts, or dresses, sometimes makeup, but he's still a gay married guy.

This makes me think that crossdressing doesn't have a thing to do with who or what you want to have sex with, but rather it has to do with what clothes you like compared to what sex you actually are. (Not your fantasy gender, but are you XX or XY?)

PS his poor husband that has had to ride this roller coaster with him, wow, what a great guy!!

I thought I might have gay tendencies, but I hated the hair!

Mustaches, hairy chests & legs, not my scene. Plus the athletic bodies with flat chests.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Another source of "Difficulty" is that a "Gay" person may CALL themselves that, but they MIGHT actually be Transsexual--or even something else. Just as Muggles all too often put Gay, Transsexuals, Bis and crossers in the same "basket" so to speak, Many of US might do the same thing---in many respects most of us may be no better "educated" in Psychology and Sexuality than most other people. This might explain some of the inconsistencies if a person "misdiagnoses" one's self as being "Gay" or whatever. Most people grow up confused about various sexualities anyway, so there is no reason to think many of us make the same mistakes the muggles do. People who study this stuff seriously and get into the science (like me) are somewhat rare.

What does anyone get out of crossdressing? Why should a guy who is attracted to guys be any different? There us no one answer to this I imagine same as with straight and bi cross dressers. Maybe they just like the clothes maybe they feel special whi knows what anyone else feels or doesn't? You can't apply a broad strike to any group of people it never works.

i think it all boils down to is how you want to express yourself and what you are attracted to are 2 sepperate things.
    and all possible combinations of those 2 are as valid as the first and as the last.
    some combinations might make it difficult to find a accepting partner though.

I fall in this category as well, was nice to see this articulated here! Was reluctant before to say I’m bi. Thanks Kitty!
    Last edited by Breezy; 09-02-2022 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAG View Post
    Gay men want a man not a man that dresses as a woman.
    Ahhh, but you can't speak for everyone. There's surely some gay men who like effeminate men who dress and behave as women out there too.
    The world is quite a varied place, and you'll find all sorts, if you just look.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I can only speak for myself. I was in gay relationships for the past six years, and now the bisexual pendulum has swung in the opposite direction and I have been dating a woman for two months. As far as my wardrobe, I usually dress masculine but enjoy dressing feminine privately sometimes. As far as my persona, I am always in masculine mode and never imitate feminine characteristics. My male and female partners have found my crossdressing curious at best and, lucky for me, have cooperated. My girlfriend has started buying me lace panties.
    Your question is what do gays get out of crossdressing. I just like dressing. It has nothing whatsoever to do with my sexual preferences or my relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends.
    I hope this response helps you arrive at a conclusion.
    Last edited by CeCe; 09-06-2022 at 11:59 PM.

I am not gay although I have to admit that I have strong sexual attractions towards other femme crossdressers and when I?m cross dressed myself. The sensuality of the ladies? finery and of those others en femme is often too much for me to resist physically. At the same time, I tend to have only emotional attachments to cis women, the fairer sex.
    Last edited by ColletteC; 09-07-2022 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Punctuation

Same reason as the rest of us, and as it has been written in some of the threads, they face the same challenges with their partners as the rest of us.
    It has also been said, this is not about sexuality, actually I guess us, crossdressers, are a very diverse group in many terms, including sexual preferences.