I am not trying to be a "wise guy" here, but I am serious. As a Heterosexual Male who cross-dresses (definition of crossdresser) I am aware of the erotic element of what I do, even though there are other elements also involved, ----Not to mention the question we ALL hear if we should reveal ourselves is "Are you gay?" I fail to see a reason why Gay people (attracted to the same Biosex) would ever want to cross-dress. Yet we see it quite often. Indeed, 90% of drag queens are gay, but then again, is Drag Queening REALLY cross-dressing as we know it?

Now I can understand just WHY a person who IDENTIFIES with the opposite sex (Transsexual) cross-dresses, as THAT is who they are, psychologically, but Gay cross-dressing seems to be a puzzle to me (and perhaps many of us) as the erotic element crossdressers(noun) seek would not be there. Nor would the reverse "identifying" element. ---And then there is the Public "muggles" perception that ALL crossdressers are gay.----A LOT of stuff does not make sense here.----Us non-Gay crossdressers have a LOT to learn about what else might be going on.

For what reasons does the gay community engage in cross-dressing? Answers here might be useful in helping ALL us to understand what motivates us.