Thread: Never shaving again!

Never shaving again!

Well never say never, right?? Well many of you saw my first post and I teased that there are a close knit of people who know about my cross style, after I told my wife (who was the absolute first person), each has a unique story that I will tell. Well this is a story about one of those people (my skin therapist).

About 3 years ago, I finally got the nerve to shave my legs. One thing about me is that I ALWAYS had hairy feet and toes. My wife actually used to call me Frodo (from LOTR, but you all probably already knew that). Anyway the other crazy thing about my leg hair, is that due to the type of socks I wear (for another absolutely different hobby), the hair on my lower leg has been scant. So I inch-by-inch started to shave? some from the top?.some from the bottom. Really since my lower legs already had a baldness to it, the lower was not noticeable. Anyway, when it came to my toes the amount of blood was too much. I could not do it and was cutting myself too much.

I did find a spa that charged $10 to wax the toes. I think because I had so much she charged me $15, but still worth it. Then I started to ask her to wax a bit higher above the ankle. She was very nice about it (and I tipped well), but I felt a vibe that she did not really like working with men.

I found another spa in another town (super progressive), and LGBTQXYZ friendly. When she was waxing my lower legs and toes, I shared my secret and she was so cool about everything, and saying whenever you are ready to wax more, not a problem.

Last month (after my summer vacation was over with my very close friends who do not know), I decided to wax the whole thing (almost whole thing). Legs, bikini, and butt (but not a Hollywood if you know what I mean). The skin therapist was so cool about everything (I was nervous), and I AM LOVING it. Having no hair on the legs in summer is so much cooler, water feels colder, and keeping the backside cleaner!

Not sure how long until I can wax again. I usually plan a winter trip with my very close friends, and I am not sure if I am ready (or ever will be ready) to share this with them, but I am going to enjoy this last bit of summer and fall. For now, I will not be shaving my legs again!

Never say never but you have a good start and have a good place to get waxed. Many of our members do wax, I do not and only shave my legs in the cooler months.
    Crissy

Jay Bird, welcome to the hairless world. I was born that way. Maybe 250 hairs scattered around my body. None under the arms. even the hair on my face and head is relatively sparse compared to my sister who has super thick hair on her head. None of the family have much body hair.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm so sorry about your needless suffering, Jaybird! What a leg hair nitemare.

I've never shaved my legs in my life and never will. Happily wearing skin toned tites every time I've dressed for 25 years!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 08-30-2022 at 11:33 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

As I've gotten older my leg hair has gotten sparser. I use Nair on my legs, but I've only had to do it once so far this summer.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Read only
    I'm with Leslie on this. I have no hair follicles on my calves and thighs and hardly any very light hair on my shins which is not noticeable. No under arm hair, never. I did not get stray hairs on my chest until I was in my 50's. Every time my wife has to shave says my lack of hair is wasted on a guy.

Careful with nair. Some, like me, are very allergic to it. Daily electric rotary razor works well.

I shave all over at least every fortnight, and I mean all over, not a hair on my body (well on my head yes, lol), I find I leave it any longer in a month of drought of not going out, it takes a long tome to get it all off, so I religiously shave at least every two weeks or more depends if Im going out. or even if I have a quick shower just quickly run the razor over my legs, good maintenance takes the chore out of shaving.I even shave my eyebrows down to bare minimum and because people are used to seeing them shaved they think its natural.

If finding somewhere to go for waxing is difficult then I'd suggest now you're smooth the easiest way to maintain it is with regular use of an epilator.

It will over time reduce the number of hairs regrouping and those that do tend to be finer. There are many posts here about the efficacy of epilating.

I agree with Helen here, I have been using an epilator for years, my underarms are now hairless and require a touch up every few weeks, the legs as well. Painful the first time only, after that is ok.

Agreed love the feeling of smooth legs in the summer I started a few years ago removing a little leg hair at a time now that they are completely smooth I keep up by shaving multiple times a week. I also recommend using an epilator occasionally it definitely thins out the returning hairs. Since Im not able to dress daily the feminine act of daily shaving is a bonus. Enjoy those girly legs Jaybird!

Jaybird, Sounds great. I have never waxed my legs, I epilate, but I have had my bikini and butt waxed as well and it feels great.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Jaybird, Sounds great. I have never waxed my legs, I epilate, but I have had my bikini and butt waxed and it feels great.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Gave up my razor a decade ago.
    I tried waxing but it was so expensive and messy. Then I found my epilator and everything changed.
    I know, I know, there's pain. At least for some as I don't find it painful in the least. Perhaps I have a high threshold. I do love that the hair comes in softer and sparser and I don't really notice it for 3-4 weeks. It takes about an hour in total and then I'm done for the month, what a relief.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Thought this might be about laser hair removal. In the beginning, I never thought I would get there (besides face). It's a lot of effort but soooo worth it! I never think about shaving anything! Disclaimer, still some plucking on face and maybe once a year I shave scattered remaining hairs on legs. For the most part they are not visible.

I shave my legs every 3 - 4 days as well as my face every 3 or 4 days. All I use is a Gillette disposable razor and soap while I'm bathing. I have never had really thick hair except on the top of my head. I would guess some people have noticed the lack of hair on my legs; but, nobody has ever said anything about it.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

As Mr. Miyagi said, "Wax on. Wax off".

Enjoy the smooth legs.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Silver Member
    Waxing is so amazing, I'm happy for everyone who discovers it. I've been getting my legs waxed every six weeks for years, and I'll never go back to hairy legs again. Congratulations on making that discovery too.

What I've found is that, even at its worst, ie the day before my next waxing, the hairs are pretty fine and you only notice them when you're really looking for them. And there's NEVER any stubble
    Last edited by suzanne; 08-31-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Legs have been epilated for so long there's hardly any hair there, it wouldn't be worth the money to have them waxed. Everything above the waist is now waxed. The gal I go to isn't comfortable doing a Brazilian on a guy, and I don't fault her for that, so that's the only place now besides my face that sees a razor.

I thought the epilator pulled the hairs out by the root and prevented new growth.

This doesn't seem to be the case for my chest & boobs, though. I still get horrible black hairs right round my areolas.

Aspiring Member
    wife got tired of shaving upper body. sent me to get waxed before our friends beach party where I would be topless . ran into a good friend at the spa who was going to be at beach party in a few hrs. funny. had to tell her why i was there.

at the party her husband asked how it was bc he was thinking about doing it.

i normally shave so smooth torso wasn't anything unusual.

I should ask husband if he ever did it.

waxing looked good, but wasnt worth the money. got a new electric razor and it does a great job, paid for and doesn't hurt.

I despise every single hair on my body. My amazing wife once booked for me to have my legs waxed. Possibly the best experience of my life. I would give anything to be body hair free. You girls who have smooth legs, you rock xxx

When I discussed removing body hair with my wife, she drew a hard line on keeping my chest hair. However below the waistline she does not care. At least I know I need to buy dresses that show no cleavage!,,, good thing I don?t have anything to show anyway. ;0)

My wife did my chest over two days. Pain like I never experienced before. Worth every single second x

Epilate below and behind the junk, wax above the junk. The junk is the only place besides my face that ever gets to feel a razor.

Legs are now epilated only about once a month, it's true that the hair starts to give up after a while. The waxing is newer, but still seeing some thinning, I'm optimistic!

My SO gave approval to shave everything 2 weeks back. realy enjoying that feeling, thinking to get a epilator aswell. seems to be the more sustainable long term sollution