Thread: Well, I did this today. Just a tiny little victory I thought I'd share...

Well, I did this today. Just a tiny little victory I thought I'd share...

I work from home and live by myself which means I get to dress how I want pretty much whenever I want. Today, it's a simple lavender top with my favorite denim skirt that's probably a little too short for a girl my age, but so what.
    The downside for me is that it's a hassle to change every time I want to go somewhere, even if it's just to hit a drive through and grab some lunch.

Well, not today.

It's raining here and earlier it was raining a lot. I got hungry, specifically for a Schlotsky if you want to know, and was honestly going to skip lunch rather than change.

"But wait, none of my neighbors are home. They're all at work, and it's raining so they won't be outside anyway." That devious little voice in the back of my head that gets me into so much trouble piped up.

"But what if..." My real voice chimed in.

"Grab a rain coat." That little voice is a bitch.

So out I go, in the rain, in my skirt and top, my poor excuse for a raincoat flapping in the wind as I get soaked anyway, I noticed I really run like a girl in a skirt, by the way.
    Off the Schlotsky's and back again. No harm no foul. The world didn't end, the girl at the takeout window didn't faint or make a snarky comment about my top, and I didn't see a single one of my neighbors.

And I'm not hungry any more.

Like I said in the heading, just a small victory, but we need to celebrate those, too. Sometimes more than the big ones.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Platinum Member
    Good for you! Every step out is a step forward!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Next time just use Door Dash and answer the door in whatever makes you feel comfortable.
    You do have a sexy maid dress and six inch heels, right?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I'd say that was more than a little victory, but a good sized step forward. Shelby has arrived!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    I agree with Kris, it was more. Plus, you picked a great sandwich place.

A win win.

Emily

Brilliant

Nicely done, Shelby. You may think it a small step; but, I believe it's a huge step. It's a great feeling getting out en femme, isn't it?
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Shelby, crossdressed and sated. Win win.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Fantastic combo, dressed and Schlotsky's.
    Great job.
    Roxie

Yes, a double win, out and fed! Somehow I think this is just the start of things to come!
    Crissy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like a good day for u, Shelby!

But, I'm curious how u know u run like a girl? The only way I was sure how I walked is by watching my reflection in store front windows!

And, what's a Schlotsky? Sounds like a Polish door key?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Nice.

Like the Chinese proverb says, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Real Voice is always a party pooper! Glad you didn’t listen to her!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I find I have 3 strong motivators at my age, 1-Sex 2-Hunger 3-crossdressing. When you have the need for the 2 latter at the same time they are as satisfying a the 1st just not as much fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I'll bet that after that experience you're considering expanding your fem wardrobe to include clothing that can be worn in inclement weather, if for no other reason than to minimize wear and tear on your pretty clothes.

Good for you on your outing, such as it was. Just keep in mind GGs are unlikely to want to go out wearing skirts when it's raining hard, even for food. Maybe plan for a more gratifying outing on a day when the weather is nice.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Not tiny, giant! Congrats on just doing it! There will be many more! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Silver Member
    Cool story. Thank you for sharing. Isn?t it liberating to just go out as you are and discover the world is a bit less scary and maybe even a bit more friendly?

About that skirt. I have learned that there's no such thing as "too short for a girl my age". If you have nice legs, you deserve to show them off to the world, and the world SHOULD see them. Age has nothing to do with it. I hope you can get comfortable with that viewpoint and have fun with it.

Shelby,

Getting out is always fun, even in the rain. And don't worry to much about your short skirt. If you have the figure for it, age doesn't matter. I am older than you, probably a lot older, and I've worn my denim mini-skirt that I bought in the juniors dept. at Kohl's many times all summer.

Fiona
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Good for you Shelby, it's a great feeling isn't it?
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

My little voice talked me into going out, and it finds me an easy mark whenever I consider an opportunity. Still, I only do little outings anyway.

Going out was great. Sitting at home doesn?t do anything

I love going out too. I dress about 4 days a week. I work from home. I will spend about 8 hours dressed. If I need to run some errands, I just do it.

It is addicting.