Thread: Second meal out as Val, with a new sister in the MKE area

Second meal out as Val, with a new sister in the MKE area

Hello again ladies! Another chronical of what, for some of you may be passe', but for me, has been wonderful.
    I recently posted about an event I was able to attend with the Chicago based Chi Chapter group, where I was able to go to my first public dinner as Val, with an experienced sister as a guide. One of the girls who responded to the post is Tracy Irving, and I'd had suspicions from some of her other posts, that she was local to me, here in the Milwaukee area. I PM'd her, she responded, and we got linked up through this site! I gave her my number, she reached out, and the texting began.
    The Milwaukee internet services pretty much came to a standstill because of the volume of out chats in the next week. I suggested, based on the fun I had last time, that we meet for a lunch or dinner. This led to an exchange of "Well, what are you going to wear"?, terrabytes of photos of clothes combinations and preferences, and frantic last minute purchases as we set the date for a lunch, which was ?earlier today. We settled on skirts and tops as the uniform of the day.
    This morning I started getting ready about two hours before heading out. I described in my last post how rushed I was in Chicago, and last minute makeup failures. This time, since I was able to get ready at home, was a little better, but once again, the awe I feel towards women who do this every single day got a bit deeper. Since it was a lunch, I didn't try the lashes, which helped. I used some of the paint them yourself acrylic nails, and the press on sticky pads (remember this). Hands looked awesome, all ringed out. I did forget mascara. I found a better beard cover than the lipstick I was using. I have pale skin, and black hairs with a lot of grey. I went with an orange colored concealer from Neutrogena, which I stippled on the beard area, then covered that with a concealer in my shade from Elf. The better color correction made a big difference.
    I was still going to be a bit late for our meet in the parking lot time of noon, but I got to the parking lot of the medium sized restaurant we'd selected for this first time out, safely. Our texting barrage continued, and Tracy was going to be a few minutes late. This gave me some time to wrap some tape around my Walmart wedding and engagement rings to keep them together and stop spinning, fix up my purse a bit, and watch the comings and goings for the restaurant. In the main, seniors and middle aged women were the clientele, probably because of the outlet mall nearby.
    In short order, Tracy drove up, and we got to see each other for the first time. Her makeup was excellent, with a nice blue and white floral top, a black, below the knee skirt, and black sweater. Nothing left to do but go inside.
    We got to the reception podium, but no one was there immediately. A middle aged couple was just leaving, and the wife clocked us as she went by with a double take. Then, the receptionist arrived, I said ?Two?, ?Booth or table??, ?Booth? and off we went, past other diners to our table. The server was a woman who acted like nothing unusual was before her (neither of us pass upon any lengthy gaze). We got our salads, and chatted like two old friends. Here I was, again, as Valerie, in a public restaurant, eating a nice meal with a like minded sister. It is so much fun I can't do it justice in words.
    I gave the waitress a healthy tip (because I think we?ll be back), and then we started discussing going shopping. For me, this was amazing ? we were acting ? normally! This is what you do after lunch, right? Shop! I was thinking hitting the outlet mall, but like me, Tracy is a thrifter, so we followed each other to my usual thrift shop, which was on the way home for both of us. Along the way in the car, I noticed the nail on my index finger was gone. Couldn't find it, so I pried the rest of them off before we got to the store. I later found it, but was disappointed I lost one at the time. I'm using small superglue spots next time. Arriving at the shop, we started working on an outfit based around a cute brown A line skirt Tracy found, and that was challenging ? you know, brown is hard to coordinate sometimes. There we were, two women pulling an outfit together with a lot of other folks around us, no problems! Time flew, and we had to make our way out of the store after paying for Tracy's items, and on to home. We promised to do something similar again soon. This is getting easier, but as others have said ... its addictive.
    Its so wonderful to now have a local sister, and I expect we will have a lot of fun improving our fashion sense in future meetings. If you live in the Milwaukee area, or Southeast Wisconsin, please give me a shout by PM. We'd love to meet other sisters, and possibly get our own local group started.

Here's a pic Tracy took of me at the restaurant (I didn't look very nice here, but hopefully it was just my pose)
    IMG_4040.jpg
    Last edited by Valerie Louise; 09-01-2022 at 11:26 AM. Reason: punctuation

Sounds like fun!

I think you look nice

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Valerie,

What a great way to spend the afternoon. You look perfect for a day out.

Valerie, You look great and I am definitely envious of your lunch and shopping date with Tracy.
    I would like to suggest using your very pretty picture as your Profile pic
    Crissy

Valarie, Sounds like a great day. I always keep spare nails and glue in my purse. Of course since I started doing that, my nails stopped popping off.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sounds like a great time was had by all. love your outfit you look great.

Platinum Member
    Thanks for sharing the details of your second time out. Glad you had an enjoyable time. You look really nice too!

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    You look great Valerie.
    What a nice way to spend the day. Wish I could have joined in.

Emily

looks great. I have a very similar top

Silver Member
    Nice story. Thanks for sharing. I really like your picture, too. Very presentable and perfectly appropriate for a lunch and shopping date with a girlfriend. It's so nice to have a sister with whom to share the experience. And remember, in case you haven't done this too much so far, that it gets even easier and more fun the more you do it.

Val,

Another nice day out, another nice story. It was originally through reading stories like this that I worked up the nerve to go out as Fiona. So thanks for posting the details of your day, it may spur someone else to finally take that big first step. You are extremely lucky to have found a few sisters to share your day with. I haven't found anyone yet but will not give up until I do. And BTW, you look very nice in your photo.

Fiona
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Thanks to all of you for your far too kind responses, and advice. Your support and comments are really helpful.

Val
    Nicely done. I have had a similar experience here in SoCal. Unfortunately the sister moved away. You go girl.
    joank
    Southern California

You look great hope it was a good time

She said, "Put your money back in your purse." Nobody has ever said that to me. Made me smile. Thank you Val for lunch and (the leftovers) dinner.

At the thrift store I tried on the skirt and lost Val in the store. I went to the ladies room and again lost Val in the store. I must have walked past everyone shopping in the clothing section before finding her. If anyone was watching us they saw our struggles trying to coordinate and outfit from that darn cute skirt. I told her we must look like Val and the fat chick. A shout out to the 1987-92 television show starring William Conrad as well as my current struggle with weight control.

Really pleased for you and Tracy Valerie . You look great and have had a lot of fun.

From my perspective, you have reached an apex in this. To go out en femme, meet with a fellow CD'r, and enjoy a meal at a restaurant. I can only dream of doing that someday. So good to read about your enjoyment. You do look darling, too. Congratulations!