Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are all CD's / TV's. TS in denial?

Are all CD's / TV's. TS in denial?

Applies to me. I know the truth, too afraid of hurting my loved ones. Anyone else in this position?

Short answer. No. Kind of like saying all straight acting gays are really straight in denial? Gender ID and sexuality or two separate things. Just too many other variables involved.

Don?t think you call it denial. It?s not want to out yourself , Having your love ones having to deal with the backlash. Neighbor, people they work with. Your kids dealing with this at school. It?s easyer to keep it hidden,

I believe that I'm transgender. However because of my current life circumstances (e.g. avoiding creating difficulty for my loved ones, specifically my wife) , I can only be myself part time and essentially function as a crossdresser. C'est la vie.

No Daniella. Denial is when someone continually fights the notion that they are a cross dresser, tries to act like a "real man" and refuses to accept themselves as they really are. Not wanting to hurt your family or lose your job or your wife is dealing with the potential consequences of cross dressing and maybe prioritizing them over your cross dressing as being more important in your life.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Denial of what? I CD. I'm a guy, and I can easily prove it. If I thought I was a girl I wouldn't really be a CD, would I?

Platinum Member
    If you know the truth, you are not in denial. You are simply making a choice out of concern for your loved ones.

I would say that even someone who crossdresses for recreational purposes may make the choice to keep it confidential. Someone may identify as transgender but not strongly enough to be willing to commit to transition, and therefore keeps their gender identity concealed to a greater or lesser extent. Or perhaps some are simply not sure about what the right course of action may be, and put the decision on hold. These are not people in denial. They are making informed choices.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    It is MY opinion that only those Cross-dressing people who IDENTIFY with women are Transsexuals, but not all of them feel it is worth the effort to actually go through a "transition". (the drive varies) Straight Crossdressing people who do not identify as female are called simply Crossdressers.

I'm not in denial. I'm happy with who I am and where I am in my crossdressing journey.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

No, I'm not in denial. I'm just a heterosexual crossdresser who is happy where I am. I do venture out in public, but I have no desire to go any further.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Fact is, Daniella? When I started dressing 25 years ago I thot I was a TS. But, according to your post I was in denial.

Turns out I'm just a CD.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Definitely not "All".
    Last edited by Patience; 09-03-2022 at 10:17 AM.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I'm not in denial. I just love wearing women's clothing, flaunting fake boobs, and engaging my more feminine self. But, I have NO desire to transition.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

"ALL"? No.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I deny that I am denial. Err is that right? I deny I ever said that. Final answer.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I was in denial of my crossdressing impulse for 40 or more years. I no longer am - and accept, indeed embrace, the fact that I am a crossdresser, and am a better person for it. I am not transgender.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

When I told my wife after 35 years of marriage, it emotionally hit her hard. Like real bad!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

No, not in denial, just enjoy what I can do
    Crissy

TS to me means you want to BE a woman. I'm pretty sure I don't want to be a woman, but I have fun pretending to be one now and then. I doubt that means denial.

I'm not in denial. When I was younger I probably was and never thought of myself as a crossdresser, but now in my 50's I understand who I am. I am a crossdresser. I do not go out in public completely dressed, but enjoy getting fully dressed and spending time at home. I only wear lingerie under my drab clothing when in public, I like the way it makes me feel and helps me cope with a bad day. I spend a lot time thinking about who I am and more now then ever and always come to the conclusion that I am a heterosexual crossdresser and nothing more.

Aspiring Member
    i hate when this question comes up and it does often. would it make you feel any better if we we said yes? is that what you want to hear?

you be who you want to be and leave the rest of us out of it .

I?ve thought a lot about this including talking to a therapist at some point in the past and I?m pretty confident that I love my male self and don?t want to change but recognize that a sizeable enough femme part exists which needs just enough attention to be ?happy?. It has taken a number of years to figure this out. I do think straight crossdresser are tough for the current climate to accept and comprehend. IMHO

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I think the question comes up because many people do not know the difference between CD, gay and trans, and put them ALL in one basket.--- "They are all the ways gays express themselves" and "they all want to be women," etc. Also the reason many ask "Are you gay?" the first time you tell them you cross dress. This stuff arises from the confusion and myths we learn as kids when we rely on our equally ignorant young peers for definitions of gay, etc. Some people have NEVER gone to psychology books or encyclopedias and look up the real meanings---even in adulthood.

I am straight and don't want to be a woman--so I am just a "cross-dresser". Although I would admit that as a youngster I had FEARS for my sexuality, but fortunately I looked it up in books and got a straight answer early on---Saved me a lot of Grief.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 09-01-2022 at 10:03 PM.

No denial! Pre-op Transwoman here! I am Lana Mae! Gender-me! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Also no denial here. I have been in denial for a long time. Since I told my wife I have been expanding my feminine wardrobe. I am a straight guy who prefers the look of a woman so much that I also want to look like a woman. But I know I am not a woman.