Thread: rules for dressing feminine like a listers

Aspiring Member

rules for dressing feminine like a listers

Well Great! Now everyone will want to dress fem and take away its uniqueness! Time to find a new hobby?

Aspiring Member
    i was thinking the exact same thing

Thanks for posting.

This is becoming more and more bizarre. We all (most of us, anyway) want crossdressing to become less of a stigma so we can enjoy expressing our femininity in public safely and without feeling ashamed, yet, whenever there's a step forward toward that goal, some people act as if others are stepping on our turf., as if we were some kind of monopoly.

OTOH, I suppose if someone can casually quit crossdressing just because they feel too many people are doing it, maybe they should stop, as they are evidently not really that committed.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

And would never, no way, ever wear a Brad Pitt brand designer dress or skirt! Lol

When haters hate, I celebrate!

Platinum Member
    I always wonder why men and women on the A@@ list do some things. Attention? Life is too boring? Make a mockery out of somebody else's real life? IMHO, they can join all the hairy guys who don tutu's on Halloween and prance around like idiots.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well Great! Now everyone will want to dress fem and take away its uniqueness! Time to find a new hobby?
    OMG, you called your crossdressing a hobby! When I do so for describing my own crossdressing, people tend to be offended and/or give me a lecturing LoL

Definition of hobby : a pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation

Boom!

One mans hobby is another womens lifestyle! Lol
    Last edited by Karren H; 09-02-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    They may consider "androgynous" dressing to be female, but certainly don't!

But, then again? I don't consider "dressing to blend" to be fem either!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I believe that this is a very good thing and may allow some crossdressers that are so closeted they would never see the light of day to experiment by adding feminine items like skirts, eyeliner and other items to their male presentation without having to present as a women.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

While most would automatically deny it, and use the excuse of crossdressing to expand their skills in their acting career, it's likely that a certain number are closeted crossdressers who simply get to cross the gender lines because of having that excuse. Many actors have tried on the female role, and attire and behaviors, in their careers.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I really do hope this sort of thing doesn't catch on too much. I still enjoy the uniqueness of crossdressing, and maybe the secrecy is part of that...again a personal view.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

An interesting article, for sure. But I don't see that happening much in my community, at least not publicly. And definitely one doesn't see it in seniors. But with adaptation, the "rules" discussed are a good set, in my opinion, and applicable at most any level.

Platinum Member
    If I looked like Brad Pitt I would dress any way that I wanted any time that I wanted.

I think that the media and the public find the subject of gender and sexuality titillating, and therefore click bait-y,. There may be (I hope) a bit more tolerance for diverse expression. Sadly, we are witnessing a wildly disproportionate, a hysterical reactionary legislative reaction.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 09-03-2022 at 08:03 AM.

in my personal opinion this is a good thing, exposure like this may pave the way for more general acceptance for how people want to express themselves.
    this as a CDer might not be what your looking for yourselfe. but we all might still benefit from it nevertheless.

I think this done by celebrities to create a talking point David Beckham dressed in a skirt years ago.

I don't think it helped much, they kind of treated it the same as a man wearing a kilt.

The Daily Mail is not the best place to take advice from.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I agree with Shelly about the Daily Mail.

As the saying goes, "If I had their money" ...
    Anyway, I don't follow too many rules these days.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It's a fad. Interest will fade inside of 6 months.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

If it undermines the gender binary, even a little, it's okay by me.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

You can find many unisex clothes/colors in the stores in the last few years . Nothing new here .

dressing has many levels attributed to how the individual sees themselves, some are firmly in the closet others in a DADT situation. I on nthe other hand see dressing as a 24/7 life for me. I began to "come out" slowly from about 2015 testing the water seeing what was acceptable and how people would take the "new me" thankfully all went even up to the time when our local paper got wind of me and subsequently a very honest article was published none of what I told the repoerter was twisted round and embelished. i was able to put over the very obvious fact of bigotry and ignorance in not accepting us for who and what we are, basically human beings going about our normal lives and hurting no one at all.
    Unisex clothing? yes all well and good but have not women themselves been cross dressing as well? jeans and tops very similar to what a guy wears except for extra spave for the puppies;
    I dont see that there are any hard and fast rules for dressing, i say we should dress in what makes us feel comfortable but not in such a way as to draw obvious attention.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Well if its in the Daily Mail, it must be true, NOT.
    A paper thats best used for kindling,