Does anyone else look back on a particular incident and wonder if it was the cause of thier crossdressing ? I have disected this one and still wonder what part of it affected me the most ! ??
When I was about 7.5 and my sister 8.5 were going to get a visit from the nanny who had help raise us from birth. Margret was now in her late 70s and we had not seen her in about 4 years. My aunt and girl cousin Annie was over since Annie had spent time with her also. My Mom turned to my sister and told her to go get dressed and that she had laid out a pretty dress like Annie was wearing. My Tom Boy sister Tammy turns to my mom and says why do I have to wear a dress and Robbie doesn't. My mom says to her don't be silly he is a boy and you are a girl so get upstairs and put on your dress so I can fix your hair.
Ten minutes later Tammy comes down wearing some of my nice clothes and a baseball cap. My Mom asks her what in the heck are you doing. And she responds I thought it might be fun and funny to trick Margaret into thinking I am Robbie Well my mother and aunt look at each other and burst out laughing and both agree its a great and clever idea. There is then a bit of silence and I start wondering in horror if they are thinking what I am thinking. Tammy then breaks the silence by saying so Robbie you get to pretend to be me and wear " The Pretty Dress " Well they all howled in laughter but me. And my mom says oh what a great idea ! I of course said no way but my mother said oh yes you will be wearing that dress its about time with all the teasing you give your sisters .
I almost died with my mother and aunt apparoaching me with huge smiles on thier faces !The Dress was Yellow ,short with puffy ness at the hem and on the sleeves and felt so weak and exposed in the dress ! After putting barrets and bows in my hair I saw myself in the mirror and almost died ! I looked Like a very girly little girl and felt so weak and exposed in the dress ! I have never seen my sisters happier, They were laughing and playing with my dress. While waiting for my old nanny to arrive it was all about me having to learn how to curtsey and sit like a girl and how adorable I looked and belonged in dresses ! For weeks after word my sisters kept trying to ger me intos dresses or have our mother put me in one.
Looking like a girl in a pretty party dress was certainly one thing but the other was how much joy all the women got from seeing how easily they had turned a rowdy boy into a pretty timid girl. My mother and aunt even openly talked that maybe when I would act up in the future they should dress me as a girl again !
Did anyone else get such a strong reaction from girls/women when they were in feminine attire ?