Thread: Impact of my Mother Putting me in a Dress and My Sisters Loving it !

Impact of my Mother Putting me in a Dress and My Sisters Loving it !

Does anyone else look back on a particular incident and wonder if it was the cause of thier crossdressing ? I have disected this one and still wonder what part of it affected me the most ! ??
    When I was about 7.5 and my sister 8.5 were going to get a visit from the nanny who had help raise us from birth. Margret was now in her late 70s and we had not seen her in about 4 years. My aunt and girl cousin Annie was over since Annie had spent time with her also. My Mom turned to my sister and told her to go get dressed and that she had laid out a pretty dress like Annie was wearing. My Tom Boy sister Tammy turns to my mom and says why do I have to wear a dress and Robbie doesn't. My mom says to her don't be silly he is a boy and you are a girl so get upstairs and put on your dress so I can fix your hair.
    Ten minutes later Tammy comes down wearing some of my nice clothes and a baseball cap. My Mom asks her what in the heck are you doing. And she responds I thought it might be fun and funny to trick Margaret into thinking I am Robbie Well my mother and aunt look at each other and burst out laughing and both agree its a great and clever idea. There is then a bit of silence and I start wondering in horror if they are thinking what I am thinking. Tammy then breaks the silence by saying so Robbie you get to pretend to be me and wear " The Pretty Dress " Well they all howled in laughter but me. And my mom says oh what a great idea ! I of course said no way but my mother said oh yes you will be wearing that dress its about time with all the teasing you give your sisters .
    I almost died with my mother and aunt apparoaching me with huge smiles on thier faces !The Dress was Yellow ,short with puffy ness at the hem and on the sleeves and felt so weak and exposed in the dress ! After putting barrets and bows in my hair I saw myself in the mirror and almost died ! I looked Like a very girly little girl and felt so weak and exposed in the dress ! I have never seen my sisters happier, They were laughing and playing with my dress. While waiting for my old nanny to arrive it was all about me having to learn how to curtsey and sit like a girl and how adorable I looked and belonged in dresses ! For weeks after word my sisters kept trying to ger me intos dresses or have our mother put me in one.
    Looking like a girl in a pretty party dress was certainly one thing but the other was how much joy all the women got from seeing how easily they had turned a rowdy boy into a pretty timid girl. My mother and aunt even openly talked that maybe when I would act up in the future they should dress me as a girl again !
    Did anyone else get such a strong reaction from girls/women when they were in feminine attire ?

No. But I wish I was in a situation that I did. What a memory/story you have. Thanks for sharing!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I was never forced there was a curiosity on my part. I think in the early stages going out on Halloween and getting positive reactions did have an impact. No complaints on my part.

Never that lucky.

Aspiring Member
    I believe for me it started long before that age.

I never had an incident like that. I almost feel sorry for you, given how forced it was. :/

For me, I think I've been this way from before I can remember. It is possible that I was affected by a drug my mother took. I don't know that she ever took it, but it's possible. She had suffered miscarriages. Back in this day, there was a drug a pregnant woman could take that would reduce miscarriages. I don't recall the name, though I could find it. I do recall that there was a study that found that sons of mothers who had taken this drug had a much higher incidence of transgenderism. That might have been the thing that kicked it off for me. But, I will never know. My mom is gone, and finding such medical records after all these decades would be next to impossible. Even if I did find them, I'd be surprised if I was granted access.

No family member has ever seen me dressed, asked me to dress, or seen me in a femme costume (never wore one).

Ciara at the weekend
    What a wonderful story. While embarrassing at the time, they really did you a big favour... if it never happened you might not be enjoying your girly side ...

I too ca trace my crossdressing back to some very early eeriences.....when I was about 5 I was in my granny's house and had an accident, wetting my pants. My mother went into my aunt's bedroom (she was in her late teens) and brought out a pair of her panties and put them on me. While embarrassed, I think I was secretly thrilled.... separately, I had two other older female cousins whu delighted in dressing me in pettycoats cause they wanted a little sister... Then a few years later, when staying in another aunts house when my mother was in hospital, I found another cousin's clothes in the room I was sleeping in. I felt really naughty dressing up in ythem, imagining I was her. These are my earliest memories of crossdressing.

Briefly here, if you want to know more on how you can turn a normal boy into a crossdresser with transgender tendencies, well, you can read my bio, the link is at the bottom in my sig.
    1. Mom dressed me in my sister's old clothes when I was a toddler.
    2. Sister and neighbor boy beat me up regularly, I was denied being allowed to fight back against my sister, because my dad instructed me 'a gentleman NEVER hits a lady, no matter what'. So if I fought with my sister, first she would beat me up, then my father would hit me because I 'hit a lady'.
    3. Father repeatedly tried to teach me to fight back against bully neighbor, despite him being 2 years older than me, so, bigger, stronger, faster. I kept getting my clock cleaned, my father being disgusted with me. So maybe if I was a girl, none of this would have happened? I don't know.
    4. By age five already having any willingness to fight back beaten out of me, the other boys in school branded me a coward and a sissy.
    5.The final nail in my coffin; age 7, befriended by a much older boy, who would later tell me that maybe god made a mistake, and I was really supposed to be a girl; this, he supported with the fact that when it was cold, my penis would disappear, and then of course he had me try on his younger sister's clothes, and again, of course, they all fit perfectly. I didn't yet have the capacity to debate his conclusions.
    Result? Crossdresser/TG kid, forever with mixed desires to dress and behave as a girl.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    There is a desire to say, ah, isn't that cute, all dressed up like a pretty girl. There is another side that led some of us into CD'ing. Some of us didn't start out on the CD path on a cute and positive note. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it, but not in the way you imagine it!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I can’t say what was THE trigger or not. I started also at 7. I remember my mother telling me repeatedly that I was supposed to have born a girl. She was even going to make me a dress to wear one Halloween. I started experimenting with my mothers clothes right after my sister was born. Mainly bras and girdles and stockings. But about that same time, the neighborhood gang of girls used to play a game called Catch A Boy and Put Dress on Him. And though I was not the slowest boy in the block, I used to get caught way more than any of the others. I still remember the smell of that old dress and the feeling I felt as they Pulled it over my head and made me sit there for a while. Until the game restarted again. Might have been all of the above.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I also remember my older sisters(had 2) dressed me.
    I do not remember much ... just the heels and dress.
    They were to big for me ... later I do remember wearing their bras and panties.

My mother did dress me like a girl around 5th grade for my school Halloween party I do remember liking girls clothes not sure if that had a life long effect or not. I do remember the dress was nothing special I would have much preferred the cute outfit Robbiegirl described.

It's pretty messed up to mess with you (your mother) at such a critical stage in development....It does remind me of fictional story lines written about and yes to answer your question ie I had strong urges in girls attire while I was young.
    Last edited by mbmeen12; 09-04-2022 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Typo
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I do really think in my situation that everything happened so fast that my mother didn't really think long term. As i recall It was my crazy aunt who really encouraged my mom about the idea and was very involved in putting me into the dress and doing my hair ! My mother did draw the line though when someone suggested I needed to wear some cute girl underwear to complete the outfit.
    As I mentioned before I was the center of attention the whole time we were waiting for my nanny who was of course late! And she was over joyed with the trick !
    This was in 1961 and the dress was a button up on the back with a big bow! I couldn't get out of the dress if I wanted to !

Having older sisters, I was dressed by them. But it was never mean spirited on their part. That is, they did not laugh at me.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

When I was about seven my sister dressed me in one of her dresses and paraded me in front of mom. They were both thrilled with the visual results.

Few years later I was caught in my bedroom by mom, fully dresses in skirt, sweater nylons and flats (all sisters).]

Mom said I looked nice and that was it.

I think she would have talked and even been supportive but I never asked.
    joank
    Southern California

No sisters, Just grew up with a girls name. Had my mother tell me more than once that they wanted a girl when I was born. Little did they know that they somewhat got a girl. I believe I did dress up when I was very young in my moms clothing.

Platinum Member
    My mother use to make me sad and mad when she said I was suppose to be a girl. Her idea of the perfect family was husband, wife, older brother and younger sister. Older brother came, and then moi. After I cried one night, she comforted me, and said she would never say that again. She didn't. If anything came of it, it was I was more rough and tumble and got into more trouble than my older brother. I had no use for girls at all. I had no female cousins, and, my little sister was born when I was twelve. This thing of wearing my mother's clothes seemed to start when puberty hit. I did like the feel of her nylon slips and nightgowns, but, it was strictly the feel of the fabric. There was no thoughts of wanting to ever be a girl or a woman.

There was one thing in my youth that seems to have struck a bell. We had moved from my paternal grandmother's home after my father had been trained as a mechanic by the WW2 G.I. bill. We moved into an apartment when I was three; still in a crib for a short time. I started to have dreams/images that I was a young woman who was found battered, strangled and dead in the dirt in a parking lot. She was attired in a white slip; no dress. My family did not have a television set yet. I have no idea where a dream or image like that would have come to my attention. My parents did not read scandalous newspapers. The images did not haunt me, but, it has been etched in my mind. The only correlation I can make is the possibility those images were the images that drew me to my mother's white nylon slips. The other somewhat odd thing is I never wear shirts with a crew neck. I cannot stand anything around my neck and only wear vee neck tee shirts. Come to think of it, none of my 162 dresses have high necks. I never thought there was any correlation until my wife started watching television shows on "past lives."

I'm sure I've told this before, but here it is again...

My earliest memory of someone dressing me in feminine clothing was when I was around five years old. One night when I'd stayed at my grandparents' house later than usual and I was told I could spend the night.

My grandmother said they didn't have any PJ's for me, so she put me in one of her house-dresses with a belt around my waist to "hike up" the excess length under. I was so little that it pretty much amounted to a double layer of skirt - and me practically swimming in the top. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't frilly. It was just frumpy-looking and simple cotton. BUT IT WAS A DRESS!!!

They didn't make any big deal about it or make any "girly" remarks towards me. As far as they were concerned, it was just improvised pajamas.
    But I already knew that I wanted to be a girl, so I was in heaven!

Needless to say, I managed to find many more excuses to stay over.

But no, I can't say that this caused anything. The desire was already in place. It was just the first time that anyone helped me in expressing that desire - even though they did it unknowingly.

One of my boy classmates in 8th grade was dressed as a women for Halloween at school. I was amazed at how much he looked like a woman. I can still remember he had a blond wig (Marilyn Monroe Look), makeup, pink sweater and pink skirt, hose. Cant remember the shoes. I said John you look so good as a woman. I was envious of his outfit I wonder sometimes if he is a crossdresser these days also.

No, never had that happen, but I was an only child. I explored that area myself as I wanted to be a girl rather than a boy. That doesn't mean that I was necessarily gender variant at 8 years old - it was more a matter of not liking being a boy and being a girl was the only obvious alternative. I had a deeply set self hatred as a result of abuse when I was much younger.

It is very disturbing that this happened to you. You were forced and did not agree to it. That really borders on child abuse. If you decided to play along willingly then it would have been OK. And using that as a punishment is also abusive. It is also possible that it was a negative trigger for becoming gender confused through trauma. But that is another subject and a very, very complex one.

It is so sad this happened to you. It undoubtedly had a strong impact on you. The simple fact that you remember it so well shows it is deeply and solidly imprinted on you. That does not necessarily mean it was a trigger that created the person you are today in terms of gender, but it absolutely had some kind of influence on the direction of your development. It is in the same theater that I am in - the abuse when very young caused me to hate who I was as being worthless - "If I was a good person they wouldn't do that to me, so I must be a bad person and I need to become a different person. How about a girl?" That was perhaps my reasoning. It is conceivable you went through a similar line of thinking. It is only one possible pathway to today.

When I was 4 years old I didn't have a costume to wear for trick or treating. So my mom had me wear my older sister's coat. That's the only time I had someone else put a fem garment on me (that I know of). And I don't remember any comments that were made about it by anyone. But I'm sure that was one of the main events that led me to more crossdressing.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

For our 8th grade talent show, several of the boys in my class dressed and put on a fashion show. My mother and sister assisted me with my "costume" - bright orange shift (it was c1963, so such things were in style), platinum blonde wig, and hose of some sort (were panty hose a thing then?). No bra or forms, but that again, was fitting for the time. I don't think that was my first time dressing as I used to try on lingerie when I was home alone, but it was the first time I dressed fully and my only time out in public fully dressed. I do remember that one of the girls in my class commented that I had great legs.
    So many new things to learn