Thread: I won't be able to wear heels for a while. :(

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar

I won't be able to wear heels for a while. :(

Hey y'all! Well, I have something to share with y'all..... Lately, I've been having some numbness in my right foot and lower back problems and now, I know why. Last Monday, I had an appointment at the VA hospital in Jackson, MS to have an MRI and x-rays done on my back. It was found that I have a herniated disk in my lower back. That's also the reason for the numbness in my foot. It doesn't even really hurt, unless I'm on my feet for a while, or I wear heels and walk around in them a lot. Yeah, my back starts bothering me pretty badly when I wear heels, and the herniated disk is probably why. So, I won't be able to wear heels for who knows how long? So, I'll have to buy some cute flats, I already have a couple pairs, plus a few pairs of women's tennis shoes to wear when I CD. It sucks, cause I like wearing heels, but it is what it is, I suppose. LOL

Anyway, I just thought I would share this with y'all.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Well that is not very good news. Some block heels that are not so high are actually pretty comfortable and still look feminine. The big concern would be to not doing anything to make the disk worse off.
    It is really easy to forget and overdo it when you are not hurting. You will have to remind yourself to be more careful when lifting things etc.

Sandi

Got to keep 2" and lower.

Hope the docs figure out how resolve your back problem

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Kimberly,

Sorry to hear that, hope the Doctor can find something to help. How is that going to effect your driving?

Prayers
    Jolene

Banned Read only
    I've been in the same place for the last few years, and am hoping that recent surgery should allow me to wear heels again.

Hopefully you aren't waiting as long as I have been.

I am starting to see why grandmothers didn't wear the 5 inch stilettos. I have arthritis and over time it has gotten worse to the point that heels hurt to wear. The balls of my feet ache and hurt quickly and my ankles don't have the strength either. I well understand.

I was born with foot problems and have been feeling more foot pain as I get older so I don't walk in heels very often.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Platinum Member
    I think heel height and length due to size has a lot to do with back problems. I would think when very high heels are worn the stress on the back totally changes. Before any doctor performs surgery I suspect you'll be sent for physical therapy or less invasive treatments. I have a lower back problem that speaks to me when I do certain activities. I wear a size 12W or 13. The most comfortable shoe is a wedge with a two inch rise which is not high at all, considering my old army boots have a one inch heel.

Kim, I hope you recover quickly.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

hope you get better, there are of course cute flats and sneakers to be used and to still be very girly!

Be careful with that disc problem, they can get worse very easily. I know, I've got 2 degenerative discs in my lower back and 2 in my neck.

I also cannot wear any heels over 1.5", not because of the discs but because I've got a painful neuroma in my left foot. I just started a course of cortisone injection to see if that can help. I wanna wear high heels!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Sorry to hear that Kimberley. The plan B with flats is a good alternative.

So sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully by catching it the problem will heal in time. Heels are such a love/hate thing. Love them for how they look and make you feel -- very feminine. Hate finding a pair that fits and looks good, getting the hang of walking in them (especially stairs), and restrictions on where you can walk in them. Flats can do nicely as need be. Best of luck to you.

Just so you know, I mostly gave up 3 inch heels because of spine issue. 2 inch still sounds fem and gives a similar effect. Watch your posture, not to military straight rod, just moderate curve. Actually dropped to 1 inch for 6 months and then could handle 2 inch. Ask PT for exact recommendations.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What a shame, Kim! I have a back back, too. But, wearing hi spikes actually helps it feel better!

Hope you're back in hi heels soon!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Get your back healthy then maybe you will get back to wearing them.
    I have heels but rarely ever wear them because they make my feet hurt.
    I have back issues too and back pain is no joke.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Very true, Sandi..... Actually though, I do have some block heels and they bother my back as well. I actually wear them often, if you've noticed from my pics and videos. LOL
    And you're right about that, but sometimes I don't have a choice BUT to lift something heavy..... My big, Samsonite suitcase, for example. My truck has two beds, of course a top bunk and lower bunk, I sleep on the lower one and keep my suitcase on the top one. When I come back to my truck after I've washed my clothes, I have to get that big thing down, fold my clothes and put them in it, then heave it back to the top bunk..... NOT good on my back, I know!

Kimberly A.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

That's good advice, Donna, but tbh I think I'll stick with flats until I know what treatment I'm gonna get for my back.

Thank you, Bridget, I do too.

Hi Jolene,

Thank you. I hope so too..... Well, my back does kinda bother me some when I'm sitting and driving for hours on-end every day.

Kimberly A.

Ugh Charlotte, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm hoping I won't need surgery, but I'll just have to see what the neurologist says, which I don't have an appointment for that yet. Also, it's the VA, (Veterans Affairs) I'm talking about here..... They take FOREVER to get appointments for veterans!

Shiny, I can understand that now as well..... Sometimes heels are cool, sometimes they suck! LOL And now, a question that I've had for years, "Why do women wear shoes that hurt their feet?" Well, I now have my answer! LOL

I can totally understand that, Ressie.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Ouch. Hope you get better soon.

On the plus side, you can still wear everything else!
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I have plantar facitist and find that Heels are more comfortable than anything else I have. My favorite is a nice set of four inch pumps.

I'm struggling to accept that my days of wearing 4 inch heels may be over because I often pay for it with a sore back. I do have some sensible lower heels and ballet flats but nothing beats the feeling of wearing beautiful heels or the sound of them on hard surfaces. The dilemmas of being an aging crossdresser.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/