Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Dressing as a Bride as fun as it looks ? And How do most wives react to the Idea

Aspiring Member
    How would my wife react? Her denunciations would know neither end nor limit in their ferocity. She says that she is the woman in this place. To her, a wedding is the most important event in the life of a woman. A wedding gown, as the most important object in that event, is the most beautiful and sacred clothing that a woman will ever wear. No one will ever tread in her special space while she still has the breath in her to defend it.

Please pardon me for being so unclear in my estimate of her reaction.

Anyone want to guess what her reaction was to our only daughter eloping? It was two years before anyone dared to mention a wedding in her presence and figuratively lived to tell about it. We went to a wedding a month ago, twelve years after our daughter eloped, solely to see my sister who is dying of cancer. I could still feel the anger of my wife strongly radiating. My daughter did not dare attend the wedding, though she went with us 500 km just to see my sister. And that, my friends, is a clue as to how my wife would react to my wearing a wedding gown.

Oh yes, it really is!
    I'm always a woman!

I think we have all done it or wondered about it. I prefer '50's vintage and bumped into a huge pink taffeta and pink chiffon bridesmaids dress at a thrift stop once, and luckily it actually fit. I was just going to get a regular dress but in looking at the formal rack decided to go the limit. A lot of work getting into all of that, vintage wise with everything from head to toe and from the skin out including foundations and of course hair and makeup. Interesting to wonder the millions of times around that period the millions of women dressed just like that. Then once dolled-up there you are with all that "sensation." I noticed the weight of everything and especially the sound of all that nylon and mostly the sound of the whistling, zipping pink taffeta skirt under the pink nylon chiffon over layer of the dress. For someone with my "condition" a pretty extreme moment. But then the wide skirt catches on everything, knocks over knick-knacks on tables and pretty much gets in the way with everything until you realize all you can do is just spend your time in such a get-up just sitting and looking, or trying to look pretty.

I recommend everyone try it. Would have been pretty intense to have a closet full of old shirt-waist house dresses like that that women, all women wore daily back in the day. A lot of work to keep up that look not to mention having to do all the housework in that stuff!