Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Dressing as a Bride as fun as it looks ? And How do most wives react to the Idea

Is Dressing as a Bride as fun as it looks ? And How do most wives react to the Idea

It seems like a lot of work aned expense but it also looks so much fun to get to experience being totally dolled up as a Bride

How did your S.O. react to the idea or how do you think they would react if they caught you dressed as a Bride ?

Is dressing as a Bride crossing a line for some woman ?

My wife enjoyed the experience when we married. If she saw me dressed as a bride, I'm pretty sure she'd give me my walking papers. Fortunately, I have no desire to dress as one.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Alot of work, but definitely has to be a fun experience. I haven't gotten the full experience, but I do own a wedding dress (as seen in my profile icon) and it was alot of fun to wear! I can only imagine someday going through the full experience for a full photoshoot or something!

Sounds like fun but as mentioned, a lot of expense... and what for? My dressing is private so that would be a lot of $$$ spent with little "bang for the buck."

Lacy PJs

I would secretly like to try it. In full girl mode, makeup, underwear the lot, not just try the thing on.

Dressing as a Bride doesn't have to be expensive, you can get some really nice second hand wedding dresses on eBay for a fraction of the price of new ones. I have two wedding dresses that i bought from eBay for less than ?100 each and they're like new. My Wife knows I have them but it's a case of DADT but I'm sure for many women it would be a line crossed if their husbands were to dress as brides and it's certainly sacrilege to put on your Wife's wedding dress, doing that is a big no no!

When I see Brides I can't help feeling envious of them, I blogged about it HERE. I'd love to have the experience of having a bridal makeover, makeup, hair, underwear the lot and then having some photos taken. It would have to be the right dress though and with so many to choose from selecting that perfect dress may not be an easy task.

For me wedding dresses will always be the ultimate in femininity

I think it is a fantasy for many; but not for me. It is the second marriage for both my wife and I, and she did not wear a traditional wedding gown for it. She did have one from her first marriage; she donated it to a local community theater for a play they were doing, so obviously it is not a big deal for her either. It's hard to say how she would react if I desired one, but I don't, so for us the point is moot.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

A woman I used to date who loved it when I dressed up, more dolled up the better! She used to try & talk me into doing the bride thing but I had to have a man in the equation or she said I?d miss the full experience!
    It would be fun to dress a bride just for fun I?m sure!

Here's Sandy's and my experience, in Houston no less. Happy to answer questions or make introductions, let me know.

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...o-Wore-It-Best

Good luck, have fun! Hugs, Michelle

My physique / frame would preclude me doing much of anything for a wedding dress, hence I have no real drive to try. I suppose that, since my one daughter has stored her wedding dress at my house I could experiment with it, but it would only fit at all from the rib cage on down and would be a little short. As far as the spouse goes, on the extremely outside chance that if she knew and had some level of acceptance the best I could hope for is amusement.

I have tried on wedding dresses in bridal shops a couple of times. It was wonderful and something I really enjoyed doing.

Tracy

I'd be much more interested in dressing as a bridesmaid than a bride

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    I'd be much more interested in dressing as a bridesmaid than a bride
    _Me too!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Did I just score or what? last week I found yet another bridal gown from Goodwill at their "as is" yard that fits me. Must have cost about $5 max? (They sell by the pound!)

As for my ex? She left her wedding gown when she moved out because it will NEVER fit her again. Unfortunately, it will never fit me either!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have thought of it from time to time. However, in the end my thing is more for cocktail type dresses.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Wedding dresses speak to me. I want to wear one so bad.

...and I'm in deep thick pink fog again. Thank you very much.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    A definite interest to wear one with all the trimmings and underthings. Size is the challenge and I've come close a couple times via ebay but did not quite work out yet.

While my wife knows of my dressing and is ok so long as I do it in my own space I suspect she would not be too happy with the idea of me in a wedding dress. Maybe the idea would be too close to infringing on her memories of our special day, possibly leading her to wonder if I was really just fantasizing about wearing her dress rather than the reason we were there.

Having said that I still look online from time-to-time in hope of finding that affordable, correct sized gown to take the plunge with.

I have never done the whole special makeup, nails and hair, but have gone into David?s bridal a couple of times to try on wedding dresses. It was a fantastic experience. All the women, the SA?s, the other brides and their families ( except for that one dad) were so nice and pleasant. Everyone just excited to be starting the trail of marriage. If you have the chance, I recommend it. There was no hard sell or hard feelings about not buying anything.

Platinum Member
    I think my wife would castrate me.

I would love to get married again on our 50th as two brides - not sure how my wife would react (she sees me wearing dresses quite often at home and on vacation). May be a bridal photo shoot instead
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 09-06-2022 at 01:35 AM.

My ex wife dressed me in her wedding dress and underwear a few weeks after we were married many years ago, I loved the experience but haven?t worn a wedding dress since sadly

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    It was not on my list of things to do, however when I seen 2 wedding dresses in my size for a dollar each at the thrift store I thought why not. One dress had the accessories included (garter, veil, and gloves). One dress I gave to another cd that was interested in dressing as a bride. It was fun wearing it a couple of times.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 09-06-2022 at 06:49 AM.

Did a halloween party in a wedding dress. Both my wife and I in dresses. 10/10 would do it again. Very comfortable.

Downside was the men grabbing butt and boobs.
    Upside was any woman that grabbed butt or boob, I was able to reciprocate...

Actually more fun than it looks Robiegirl. I mentioned on another thread here I have tried on wedding dresses at Davids bridal I always entered the store dressed to just browse through the dresses I would go in mid week during off peak times every visit the ladies encouraged me to pick out a few to try on. I remember being very nervous the first time the other visits I was more prepared to actually try on something I liked. Standing in front of the the mirrors in a wedding dress with a few accessories was an emotional moment I felt very feminine and highly recommend doing it! Being deep in the closet not sure if I will ever know how my wife would react to seeing me dolled up in a wedding dress.

Reality Check
    I have never felt the desire to "dress up as a bride". I'm assuming that means a white wedding gown, flowers, etc. Keep in mind that many "brides" get married at the courthouse in "street clothes".
    Krisi