Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Dressing as a Bride as fun as it looks ? And How do most wives react to the Idea

Robbie asked, ..."And How do most wives react to the Idea?"

I would love to hear from GG's what they think of the idea.
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

I think if you asked 100 GG's, every GG would have a different answer. Also, playing around with a wedding dress is different than wearing one in a real wedding. Again, feelings will be different with any GG asked.

Personally, my hubby has a few wedding dresses that he wears for fun.

I know that some GG's have had two ceremonies, one traditional and one with two "brides".

I'm sure some real brides would want to be the "real" bride.

It's the kind of question that varies as much as acceptance varies.
    Last edited by char GG; 09-06-2022 at 09:38 AM.

I've thought about it, a lot lately.
    That's because we're coming up on a milestone anniversary. I'd love to have the full experience and renew our vows as the bride this time, but I know my wife wouldn't go for it. Besides, the expense just doesn't justify the experience at this point. I'd get to wear it once. It's not practical for anything else, except maybe Halloween and I'm not really into that anymore.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I think Char GG very likely has the right answer, that there are as many reactions or opinions as there are women who would answer the question.

However, after reading so many posts by CD'ers that discuss their wive's reaction and a few from GG's that shared their thoughts, I arrived at the following generazation. I admit up front that what follows is a gross generality. Here goes.

Many GG's believe that wearing their wedding gown on their wedding day, including all the other special preparations (hair, make up, selection of accessories and lingerie, etc), was the day that they felt the most feminine and felt the most beautiful. For many GG's, it is a day when they feel the most special, most attractive, and many even imagine themself as a "princess."

Secondly, I believe that many GG's also do not take kindly to their man intruding on the memory of that special day, even when that GG is supportive and accepting of their man's need to cross dress. I believe that many women draw a red line when their attitude is, "don't tread on the memory of one of the most important days in my life, when I felt the most feminine and most beautiful."

Lastly, many GG's have a spiritual reason for keeping their wedding day as a special day. I will not discuss that any further because of the very wise rule to not discuss religion on this blog site.

I welcome your thoughts on my highly generalized conclusions. Does my analysis have any merit? Even if it doesn't it's sure fun to talk about. ��
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

I agree with Char with GGs it depends on the GG and circumstances.
    We had two wedding ceremonies One where we both could be brides .
    Not our first wedding for either of us.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by emma-louise View Post
    My ex wife dressed me in her wedding dress and underwear a few weeks after we were married many years ago, I loved the experience but haven?t worn a wedding dress since sadly
    Oh You just have to share with us how it all happened and what was her reaction

Haven't worn a wedding dress yet and while it's definitely something that would interest me and be very tempting if my boyfriend and I get married at some point, I've always been much more about looking and feeling like a bride on her wedding *night* given my love of beautiful/romantic/bridal lingerie. Wedding night lingerie is the ultimate femininity in my opinion.

Any time you can wear a wedding dress is a blast! I have worn two so far. Could have been three but my wife hid hers so I could not get into it. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa.Smith.VA View Post
    Secondly, I believe that many GG's also do not take kindly to their man intruding on the memory of that special day, even when that GG is supportive and accepting of their man's need to cross dress. I believe that many women draw a red line when their attitude is, "don't tread on the memory of one of the most important days in my life, when I felt the most feminine and most beautiful."
    I welcome your thoughts on my highly generalized conclusions. Does my analysis have any merit? Even if it doesn't it's sure fun to talk about. ��
    THIS ^^^ is how I feel but my road through cd/tg world has been VERY rough so I am going to be different as others maybe. Char and Di are right on about circumstances changing things

I do want to say that "feminine " is not a feeling women have -we just are - when 'feminine' is mentioned on this board I see it as code word for submissive and I dont think i'd feel submissive in a wedding dress and I don't like submission in my partner either..

Anyway the only person ever to ask me to marry him was my late fiance so that won't be happening..probably ever at this age I don't imagine.. I have been married before but he really did not want to be - on our wedding(JPs office) night he left me on the sofa asleep to go dress in private so....

I never had any kind of a nice wedding or a dress or friends/fam present or photos or wedding parties etc so for me I would kind of need some normalcy to it because my life has always been so abnormal and very hard. If my man is not ok with that then we would not need to be married. I don't need to be a princess ( more like the Queen Mother at my age anyway) or feel feminine Id just like for Leea ( me) to have a nice day..just something thats a normal rite of passage and to know I was loved.

Dressing is not always harmless. I see people say that alot and its not always true.. sometimes you can really hurt others deeply.
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchess View Post
    THIS ^^^ is how I feel but my road through cd/tg world has been VERY rough so I am going to be different as others maybe. Char and Di are right on about circumstances changing things

I do want to say that "feminine " is not a feeling women have -we just are - when 'feminine' is mentioned on this board I see it as code word for submissive and I dont think i'd feel submissive in a wedding dress and I don't like submission in my partner either..

Dressing is not always harmless. I see people say that alot and its not always true.. sometimes you can really hurt others deeply.
    I agree with Teresa except the ? feminine? part.
    All the posts here about feeling so feminine??I feel like ME
    So the posts feeling feminine?.do they mean submissive? Excited ?
    Most GGs read this and think ?.what?
    And thanks Dutchess?.it can be harmless but we see here how many times how hurtful some can be to the one they supposedly love.

I do remember a GG that was doing the two bride thing and her CD hubby to be ?.made it all about him.. I know I sound like a broken record BUT IT ALWAYS HAS TO BE ABOUT BOTH OF YOU.
    For it to work.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I agree with Di.

I don't think being a bride was, "the most important day of my life", as I have had many important days, and it's not about the dress. Yes, I wore a pretty white dress, but I never feel more or less fem no matter what I wear. I would have been married to my hubby no matter how I dressed.

Those here that want to wear a wedding dress can project whatever feelings they have about the dress. However, for many GG's, it's not about the dress but about the marriage.
    Last edited by char GG; 09-07-2022 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    I'd be much more interested in dressing as a bridesmaid than a bride
    That's you and me both then, Audrey. While the idea of dressing as a bride is certainly appealing, then idea of dressing as a bridesmaid is definitely more appealing.

dressing should always be fun bride or bridesmaid
    Wife and I got married 2011 so this photo would have been 2013, she wasn't surprised I borrowed her dress just 2 days after the wedding and then 2 years later she advised she was going to sell the dress so I had one more chance to wear it before it left - it just felt so nice wearing it and I'm sure quite a few people also got to enjoy me wearing it around one of our city's lookouts.
    Wife wasn't involved in this photoshoot but she did take photos of me 2 days after the wedding wearing it (no wig on the honeymoon)

rc 010.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rachelakld; 09-08-2022 at 05:28 AM.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Aspiring Member
    Definitely on my wish list, someday, maybe...

I started over 40 years ago with an very pastel blue prom dress that my aunt left at my grandmother's house. I really feel this is why I am drawn to gowns or the dressier clothes of special occasions. It's fun to run through all the prep so you can pull something off like that.

I found it to be a reasonable expense. Most of the bridal clothing was purchased at a Goodwill store. Some from EBay. I think total was less than $100 US. It took about a month and a half to gather everything needed. I had a partner in crime - a GG that also dressed as my groom. Every piece of clothing, hair style and makeup was practiced individually on separate days. On "The Day" everything was to be put together, we went to a park that was often used for weddings and did a photo shoot.

It was all wonderful. It really was a blast of a day.
    I may look like a man in a dress but I felt wonderful and pretty.
    My wife doesn't know anything about the "Karen Bride".
    The only thing I regret is the hair style. I think I needed to show some bangs.
    IMG_3278retouch.jpgIMG_3298-1crop 60pcnt.jpg
    Last edited by KarenCD334; 09-13-2022 at 08:14 AM.

Karen, I guess then you will have to do it again.

After being married 30 years I am finally wearing a wedding dress as my costume this year... With stipulations from my wife. First, my new dress is black. She was 100% against me wearing a typical white wedding dress. She is the only one of us to wear the white dress. I didn't argue. Second, while this outfit is going to include all the traditional pieces (old,new,borrowed, blue) she put her foot down when I talked about asking a couple of nice GG's I know to pose as bridesmaids for my yearly photos. For her a bridal party is to far.
    Still She has surprised me. This was originally planned as a dark bride or ghost bride costume. But everything I tried to add spiders, cobwebs, dead or dying plants to the costume She looked at me and says "a bride is supposed to be pretty, non of that is pretty". So yeah... I have limitations, but also a wife who is now acting bridezilla on my behalf...

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    Karen, I guess then you will have to do it again.
    I would love to.

B4ECC831-FAA6-4C7C-B4E5-4C9034B5DADA.jpg

One of my favorite Halloween?s ever. My softball playing friends were at a bar after a game in late August about 15 years ago and the woman who normally hosts the annual Halloween party said she just got her veil back from the cleaners and I said just in time for Halloween. Just like that she announces to the table I was going to be a bride for Halloween and I clapped my hands in mock girlish delight. People laughed and the conversation quickly ends. I went home and found a dress on EBay for about $100. I wrote to her that I won a bid on EBay and I might actually go as a bride, which triggers the rumor mill and now my friends, who don?t know I?m a CD, actually have expectations of seeing me dressed as a bride. I convince a couple of my male friends to be my bridesmaids but they didn?t go all out like I did. I had my nails done, had a makeup artist for hair and makeup. I spent some money on a longline bra, stockings, satin slingback heels, a pro alteration on the dress for a fitting and I did end up borrowing a different friends veil. All said and done I spent around $500. Totally worth dressing up as a bride and spending a fun evening with my friends dressed as a bride. Awesome!
    Rebecca Bas

I'd love to do it honestly, I just haven't.

Might be fun every now and then 🥰

Rachelakid, KarenCD334 and Heisthebride, I think you all look beautiful and it is awesome you got to do this and share the photos with us.
    This is something that I would love to someday do but not sure I ever will

Sandy and Michelle, I just checked the link to your fun day, what a great way to spend a day!
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 09-19-2022 at 05:46 AM.
    Crissy

I do own two wedding dresses and they are safe in storage for when I get the opportunity to properly try them on.

When I bought my first wedding dress, I did manage to try it on briefly one evening after everyone had gone to bed. I remember it was about two in the morning and I was knackered but it felt fab to try it on if it was only for a short time. The one photo I managed to take is HERE

I bought a wedding dress and it lives in my attic. Truly an amazing experience to wear.

LOVE IT! Heisthebride
    Last edited by char GG; 09-19-2022 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the entire post and picture

I can attest to the great joy of wearing a bridal gown, as you can see here (https://www.kandis-land.com/bridal-gallery/) again and again and again!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.