Thread: Bummer, can't dress for awhile

Bummer, can't dress for awhile

Not because of family, but weather. For the next 4 days, it's not going to cool down at night. Right now it's 92F. At least not as humid as Missouri river cities. But it won't cool down to 72 until 7am. Wouldn't be a problem but need to do a nightly dog walk with coverups: windbreaker and jogging pants. It's too hot for that. So a brief hiatus. Pfft.

Banned Read only
    I'm north of Sacramento Valley. Now, at 11:00 PM it's 60 F and headed to low 50's. With global warming heating everything up we're going to set up check points at the border so you do not migrate north and use up our cold air. I gave up living in NYC back in the 1970's with all its heat and humidity. My Washingtonian wife was aghast at seeing heat waves rising from the concrete sidewalks at night.

Reality Check
    You can change back to "male mode" for the dog walk and back to female after.
    Krisi

There's no scientific evidence for "global warming", it's just an urban legend. This is just typical california valley summer. Growing up
    in the valley, the summers would regularly hit 118F at times. We laughed at the coastal tourist traveling N/S on I-5 complaining about the unbearable heat.

Yes, I remember the midwest summers that combine high humidity and high temp. I remember my first summer in midwest where there was no cooling overnight. I couldn't believe that was normal. I'm used to hot summer days in a semi-arid climate but normally it cools at night. Both in Wash state eastern half and california central valley. Alas there are one or two times a year where the offshore air current is blocked and the inner part heats up. This one is a longer 6 day stretch. It's 77 now at 6:00am and forecast to be 115 F today,

Yes I could switch clothes, but it's too much hassle. It's annoying enough to break a show for a short dog walk. It would be worst having to change 3 times in evening. I'll just remember the easier times for these days and enjoy shorts.
    Last edited by char GG; 09-06-2022 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Staying within the rules