Thread: Booked; Helen's week away

Booked; Helen's week away

So I finally got around to booking my week away in November. I posted a while ago about booking a different property to the one I've used for the past 4 times which is secluded and left me free to come and go largely unnoticed and switching to somewhere more urban and means I'd be more likely to be seen by neighbours.

Well my choice was made for me as the secluded property was booked for the week I wanted so urban it is.

Now fortunately I can park on the driveway right outside the door so as to minimise any chance of being seen but all the same it does pose me several questions.

Do I arrive as I did last year enfemme or in drab and get a chance to get a feel for the place before presenting as Helen. Secondly, if I arrive enfemme what wig do I wear and do I then need to stick with it as I normally switch depending on what I'm wearing.

I know I'm possibly over thinking things but I'm a great believer in "Doing your homework" before doing something that can have negative consequences.

As always as part of these weeks away I offer the chance to anyone who would like to meet up with others from our community to do so in a safe environment. Full details can be found in the "Places to meet" section under the "Debs and Helen cordial invite" post.

And as ever I ask if you're someone who's giving consideration to going out, given such an opportunity as the Manchester meet up, what are the things that stop you grabbing the chance with both hands. What's that little demon sat on your shoulder whispering in your ear putting you off. What could I do to give you that little bit more confidence to join those who have experienced the freedom of being out in public albeit in one of the most LGBTQ friendly places in the country.

So, now I've got the major headache of choosing with outfits to take. Shoes, boots, coats, jackets, skirts, tops, blouses, dresses. What works with what to give the most combinations to keep what I take under control and not do as I've done in the past that things that never left the wardrobe.

I also need to form an idea in my mind of what I need to add to my wardrobe. Things I can shop for, things I need, shopping with a purpose. These things need thought.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Helen, you are not overthinking it - this is all part of the experience of doing what we do - have fun: If you find you did not pack or take everything for your time away ...... go shopping. Most of all have fun, wear what feels right different wigs and all ...... wish I could go with you ...........................Debra

Aspiring Member
    Hi Helen
    First, I am envious, but also wish you the best for a great week doing what you want enfemme.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    As far as coming and going? When I leave for a T outing during daylite hours our neighbors r often out on our street playing with their kids. So, no Sherry for them!

I wear a man's jacket over my dress (outfit), shades, and a ball cap as I drive out. I put on my wig at our venue. I suggest u do that until you're comfortable with your new digs!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Have fun Helen!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Sounds really great. Have FUN.

Helen I hope (wait I know) your going to have a great time. Make sure all your planning includes having fun . Connie

Helen, Enjoy your week away. Remember, choosing shoes, skirts, tops, etc. is the fun part. Just have fun.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sounds like you're doing a good job of planning for this trip Helen. Obviously its not possible to anticipate all the situations you'll be in but still its good to have a plan.

I've been doing something similar planning my first trip out to a local CD group. Fun. Scary. Exciting.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

One thing I try to do each time I go away is to push the envelope just that bit harder.

One of the things I'm intending to do this time is wear heels while out more. In the past if I've gone out shopping it's tended to be while wearing flat knee high boots. I've a few pairs of modestly heeled shoes, 4-5cm and I intend to wear them more when out on a short session shop. Certainly can't go all day.

It's also about finding new things to do. I've got shopping off to a tee, cinema, tick, restaurants, tick, stately home, tick, trains and buses, tick.

I've a skirt in need of a new zip so finding somewhere to carry out the repair is high on the list.

As well as hopefully meeting others from the forum on the Wednesday, Thursday night there's a support group that meets in a social club run by a trans steward in Prestatyn. On both occasions I plan getting a bit more dressed and do a bit of strutting my stuff, dressed more glam and in higher heels. So if there's anyone within shouting distance who wants to also attend, let me know.

And ideas for new things to do aways welcome.

I wish I could join you on your trip Helen, but the timing is all wrong yet again, its the busiest time of my work routine. I have however found my situation very similar to yours. Our usual venue for our October break in the new forest was fully booked, so we have found another cottage and I have similar concerns to yourself LOL. I am sure we will both be fine and enjoy our breaks.

Colleen,

I suppose the sporting adage, play what's in front of you, applies to both our situations.

I've looked on Google Street view at the immediate area around my holiday home and I'd say it's a mixture of retirement bungalows and small family houses. It's a small quiet village so it's not like I expect hords of people to be milling about.

It's funny really. On one hand I don't want to be noticed yet on the other once away from the house I have no worries about being in busy crowded places.

Helen, I would really like to join you in Manchester, but mid week and mid November are both very difficult for me. I will try to make some changes to my schedule, but not hopeful.?
    However if your looking? for something different, and you don't mind a little travel, why not take a look at Halifax. 40mins by car or train from Manchester, the Piece Hall is really worth a visit, with lots of coffee places, and just out of town is Shibden Hall, location for the Gentleman Jack tv series.

Kaye,

Thanks for the suggestions however for the week away I'm based a 2 hr drive away in the opposite direction near to Llandudno. Manchester is a full day out and I don't usually get to bed until nearly 03:00 on the Thursday. Worth it though especially if I get to meet others from the forum. Doubly so if it's their first time in public and I've help in their journey.