Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: local crossdresser support

While it would be great to talk to some like minded dudes and/or ladies that are supportive, I'd be hesitant to go to such a thing because:
    1 I believe there would be non-acceptance to differing levels of "commitment" to crossdressing. I don't wear makeup, don't tuck, etc, which means...something? I sometimes underdress, some think that's stupid. I don't try to pass, some think that's not taking it seriously. I often don't wear age appropriate clothing. And so on.
    2 I have absolutely no doubt that politics would come up and I'd not only be in the minority but openly attacked.
    3 The first time someone referred to me as "her" or called me ma'am, or one of the ladies, I'd be tempted to lift my skirt and prove them wrong, which would probably break some sort of protocol.

So no, I probably won't go.

Mykell,

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't PFLAG primarily designed to support parents of trans kids and their kids?
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryAverageGuy View Post
    3 The first time someone referred to me as "her" or called me ma'am, or one of the ladies, I'd be tempted to lift my skirt and prove them wrong, which would probably break some sort of protocol.
    For this serious topic, I thank you for giving me such a hearty chuckle. ROTFLMAO!!!!
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona_44 View Post
    Mykell,

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't PFLAG primarily designed to support parents of trans kids and their kids?
    Parents For Lesbians And Gays....their was talk of changing the acronym but it hasn't happened....

my jersey shore chapter has a more trans flavor....mostly women to men also and i never felt uncomfortable there....they used to have two meetings in two separate towns.

the other meeting was smaller and mostly gay....c19 shook things up and they are trying to get back to business as usual but its baby steps....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

There is or was a group in New York City that meets or met for a private dinner on Wednesdays, but I never went because in the photographs everyone looked passable. I have a beard and will not wear makeup, wigs, heels, etc. I did not think I would fit in well. If their website made it clear that everyone at every stage of crossdressing was welcome, I would attend.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post

Young trans/CD people today may not feel the need to present as pretty females. Even females today don't feel the need to present in ultra fem clothing
    Its hard to sort out my feelings on this one. If you got onto Reddit, ultra femme dressing is still very popular, with the younger crowd. They're just not in this forum lol I also don't think many of them leave the house either or being online fulfills their need to socialize maybe.

I think it might be different for people who lived before social media. I remember finding forums like this for just a hobby and there was still such a need to go out, find a group and fit in. I guess maybe for younger people they're content with only having online lives.

It's more acceptable now for boys and men to wear bright colors, including pink and floral patterns while women aren't expected to be so rigidly feminine and delicate all the time either

I identify as female and I'm just more into mom clothes lol. Headband, Tshirt from the girls department, jeans, flats. My modest unmentionable collection would apall most of you! Lol

I'm glad many younger people feel free to express themselves, especially with the cosplay crowd, but there's a strong... Element? That like to prank people.

Like they'll be dressed up and many of these younger kids pass quite well (I know I did lol) and they'll talk to someone and then drop down into a deeper voice to out themselves as a guy just to get a reaction out of people.
    It's disturbing I think. It's like a form of straight bashing kind of.

Didn't mean to go off on a tangent...

Silver Member
    25 years ago, just as the internet exploded in popularity, virtually every big city had a crossdresser focused support group and some also had more general trans groups. Even some small cities had crossdresser support groups.

25 years later, almost all of the crossdresser focused groups are gone (some lasted 30-50 years!). Even the "open" general trans focused groups are dying off quickly. I don't know why this happened, maybe social media, maybe this generation don't need "support" (in my 20s I certainly did.)

The "LGBTQ" groups today generally don't understand straight crossdressers, may not even acknowledge it as "trans". Not always, but they don't tend to understand transvestism/straight crossdressing, and may have never had a straight crossdresser involved.

I would love to have a support group for Crossdresser's and I would definitely be a willing participant I think it's important to be able to get together with other crossdressers and support each other and we can help each other no matter what level of dressing they are at. I know that we feel very alone and confused about who we are and to get together with others it definitely is a great way to say hi you're not by yourself
    Last edited by char GG; 11-10-2022 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Post was duplicated within the post

I would definitely attend a support group, and would love to find a social group that meets for things like diner, or coffee, or shopping. It does seems like most groups are more focused on transitioning. I'm not really a night-owl so the bars a clubs are not really my thing, but I may give them a shot.

I do wish there was a local group near me but finding one seems difficult. I don't even really know where to begin to look.