Thread: Degrees of TS

Degrees of TS

I am currently living some kind of hell. Many months ago a super reply said "If you can live without transitioning, do".

I have been fighting and losing the fight

A recent reply talked about incremental things to pacify the turmoil.

I am going with facial electrolysis to try and quieten the need.

Have any of you girls been able to stop the turmoil in this way?

Hey Daniella,

I don?t know about degrees of TS but sometimes taking steps toward transition can buy time. Your idea of facial hair removal is a good one. Facial hair was intolerable for me and I took care of that, actually completed that, 42 years ago. It didn?t eliminate the internal discord but it helped.

I know that you are married because you started a thread a while back about being trans with a wife. Probably that will be your greatest obstacle to doing the things necessary to find your normal. You really do need to seek a good counselor/therapist.

I am busy at the moment so I will have to continue later. Check back. I also will also give you another contact method through pm.

Thanks so much for the reply. I stopped seeing my counselor but will resume seeing her asap.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    You can do a variety of things and maybe they might relieve enough dysphoria to allow one to be comfortable. Facial electrolysis sounds like a great idea!

Initially I didn't intend to fully transition, I just thought it was time to try therapy and changing my hormones and I hoped that would be enough. The thing was that I loved it and wanted to go further down the path.

Good luck!

Nadine, you are a guiding light and inspiration for many of us x If it wasn't for my amazing S.O who is running out of patience, I would be queing up for FFS after FFS.

I suggest getting professional help with your issues. Folks here are well meaning, but they are speaking from their own (transexual) perspective. Professionals have extensive training and experience with issues like yours.
    Krisi

I believe that quote was mine, but I'm just paraphrasing things shared with me by others. For career/financial reasons, I too am "buying time". I know who I am and I know that I must transition to "live that truth", but I am able to cope with the slow pace, albeit just barely. Having been married for 26 years, to a wonderful woman who has known about me from the start, also makes it a bit easier as we work out what my changes will mean to our relationship. I do not mean to say that it's easy, just easier.
    Add my voice to those suggesting counseling. Professional help is worth every penny.
    "Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will always get you the right ones."
    -- John Lennon

https://groups.io/g/gno-houston

Thank you as always for the replies, it was you Aunt Kelly, I didn't want to name check you!

I have known for a while I need to see my counsellor again, she was amazing. My hesitation is fearing where it will lead me.

Thank you girls, so much appreciated.

I put off counseling for decades because I knew that the very person who insisted that I get ?help? would not accept the result. Finally I did and she couldn?t. It was inevitable and I wish it had happened decades earlier.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No one gets to do whatever they want in life, Daniella. It's all a matter of degrees isn't it? Only u know if stop gap proceedures will slow or stop the urges inside u.

I suffered thru them for over 10 years! Then, in desperation I ended up here on CD.com. A year later I found out what I needed to get my dressing appetites and complusions under control!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!