Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fancy Dresses Hanging in the Guest Room Closet ! Have you or would you Dare

Fancy Dresses Hanging in the Guest Room Closet ! Have you or would you Dare

as a guest at a family member or friends house Try on one of the dresses if you thought they might fit ?

Yes I know its wrong but in 3 different ocassions in my mid 20s I was in this situation and being a thin runner could tell the dresses would fit !

LOL i feel guilty but OMG in one situation she had 3 Bridesmaids, dresses, 2 with hats that were so fun puffy and fem ! They were so fun to dance atound in an twirl in even at the risk if beiing caught !

The other times and dresses were ball gowns, mainly chiffon ! They felt like heaven to wear !

I do wonder sometimes if women knew how much pleasure we got out of trying on their old frilly things that they might happily let us
    model them if only we asked !

Did anyone else get tempted and go for it ?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe because I began dressing so late in life, Robbie.

But, even when I'm presenting as a young girl, I've never had the inclination to "prance around" in a dress!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Totally would if it felt safe.

No. Too scared of getting caught.

Yes, but in my own house. We had a spare bedroom, which was called the guest room. My mother hung some special occasion dresses she seldom or no longer wore in there. I think i tried them all on. At 12 0r 13 they fit me pretty well.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I had three sisters and as they outgrew their clothes or stuff like special occasion dresses would end up in an attic guest room across the hall from my room.
    Me being in my early teens was lucky enough that most would fit.
    My mother caught me dressed up one day and said "you can wear the clothes but when done put everything back the way I found them" .
    She told my sisters that I was going through a phase.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

My wife did not wear a traditional wedding gown for our wedding, it being the second for both of us. However, she did wear a lovely ivory dress with the frills and lace you describe. Currently it is in a dress bag in the same closet where I keep all my dresses and clothes. We are very close in size. The temptation is great.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I have never told anybody about this.

In my early twenties I used to paint houses. Many of the areas I worked in were very up-scale neighborhoods, nice houses
    and well kept yards and lawns. Working in these places I was sometimes asked to do small side jobs by people in the neighborhood. Sometimes I accepted them and sometimes I was reluctant. Well this one attractive older woman kept badgering me to paint a couple of bifold doors in her basement. I was reluctant at first but finally agreed. The price was right but I feared she wouldn?t be satisfied with the end result.

She led me down the stairs showed me the doors and quickly left. I spread the drop cloth, opened the paint can, and then opened the bifold doors. And there to my utter disbelief was one gorgeous white with red sleeves and small red polka dots young woman?s dress in the middle of the closet. Well at that time in my life I had a well trimmed body and I knew I could fit into that dress. And I did.

Well, I won?t go into detail what happened next, but I finished the job got paid, and left

And to this day I believe that woman put that dress there on purpose.

I would not do that. However, if I had been crossdressing as a teen or in my early 20s, I promise you my younger self would have jumped at the chance. I know who I was then and who I am now.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Not a fancy dress, but when I was in Sr. High School, we hosted at our house a couple of gals on the Spirit Squad of an Ohio Band that our Toronto school were doing an exchange with. I had an opportunity to try on one of the gals' cheerleading outfit when they were out for a bit. Didn't quite fit, but nice to twirl around with it.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

When i first moved out of my parent's home, i moved in with my best friend and his wife. I knew both from school, and i paid part of the rent for staying in the extra bedroom. As luck would have it, the closet in the extra bedroom was where she stored her prom dress, wedding dress, several cute sundresses, a bag of lingerie that she got at her bridal shower, and a few pairs of shoes (all heels except for two pairs of cute sandals). It was an unexpected surprise,and I hung my clothes in there beside them. She offered to move all "that stuff", she said she just couldn't let go of the two nice dresses, and "the rest of that stuff" is either things she didn't wear anymore or things she had no intentions of wearing. Except the shoes, she had way too many in her own closet already and those were her overflow...

I told her it was no problem, just leave it in there because i wasn't needing any more space.

After she said she wasn't going to wear any of it and intended to donate it, I didn't feel bad for trying it on! The sundresses were so cute... the shoes were too small, the bra and panty sets were so sexy and still had the tags on them... the dresses and lingerie fit like a glove, and the prom dress looked exquisite with my own high heels that I brought with me. I spent many an evening in that dress while nobody was home. There were a couple of weekends they went on an out of town trip, and i spent all weekend dressed up... I didn't try on the wedding dress right away, i actually waited until i bought some really cute wedding style strappy heels (with shiny stones, i love bling!) to try on with it on a long weekend.

Months later when she was cleaning up, she told me she was going to donate all those clothes except the two fancy dresses, she would sell those. She jokingly offered to me, "you're welcome to anything in that closet that you think you might wear". I laughed and declined but said i can take the clothes to the Goodwill store, it's on the way to work. She agreed, and i managed to save two sundresses and a sexy bra and panty set for myself. I stuck a $20 in the bag so I didn't feel too bad for keeping what i kept.

The two dresses remained in there until i moved out, along with most of the shoes... I miss those days...

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    OMG, guilty!

Was visiting a younger brother and his wife in their then fairly new custom home. I got the small 5th bedroom in the finished basement as their son and daughter were also visiting and got first choice of spare bedrooms. Another bedroom was a dedicated workspace for my brother, so was off limits.

Anyway, the small bedroom had a closet where I could hang my clothes from the suitcase. Hanging in the closet was a somewhat flirty dress of my SIL's. Could not help myself, I just had to try it on!

Not a bad look, IMO. But I surely got back out of that dress in a hurry should I have gotten a surprise visit.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyGreene View Post
    When i first moved out of my parent's home, i moved in with my best friend and his wife. I knew both from school, and i paid part of the rent for staying in the extra bedroom. As luck would have it, the closet in the extra bedroom was where she stored her prom dress, wedding dress, several cute sundresses, a bag of lingerie that she got at her bridal shower, and a few pairs of shoes (all heels except for two pairs of cute sandals). It was an unexpected surprise,and I hung my clothes in there beside them. She offered to move all "that stuff", she said she just couldn't let go of the two nice dresses, and "the rest of that stuff" is either things she didn't wear anymore or things she had no intentions of wearing. Except the shoes, she had way too many in her own closet already and those were her overflow...

I told her it was no problem, just leave it in there because i wasn't needing any more space.

After she said she wasn't going to wear any of it and intended to donate it, I didn't feel bad for trying it on! The sundresses were so cute... the shoes were too small, the bra and panty sets were so sexy and still had the tags on them... the dresses and lingerie fit like a glove, and the prom dress looked exquisite with my own high heels that I brought with me. I spent many an evening in that dress while nobody was home. There were a couple of weekends they went on an out of town trip, and i spent all weekend dressed up... I didn't try on the wedding dress right away, i actually waited until i bought some really cute wedding style strappy heels (with shiny stones, i love bling!) to try on with it on a long weekend.

Months later when she was cleaning up, she told me she was going to donate all those clothes except the two fancy dresses, she would sell those. She jokingly offered to me, "you're welcome to anything in that closet that you think you might wear". I laughed and declined but said i can take the clothes to the Goodwill store, it's on the way to work. She agreed, and i managed to save two sundresses and a sexy bra and panty set for myself. I stuck a $20 in the bag so I didn't feel too bad for keeping what i kept.

The two dresses remained in there until i moved out, along with most of the shoes... I miss those days...
    Hmm ! Well I wonder if she suspected you had tried on her dresses ?? She clearly must have realized that based on your size you could fit in them ! LOL

At the time, it did not occur to me. Looking back, I think she might have... she would ask my opinion on clothing on several occasions (what should i wear?). I knew her for years and she was like a sister... or at least a cousin and i didn't think anything of it. I did have a couple of pairs of heels that were mine, in a box, in that closet... she probably found them and never said anything. But I was 20 years old and didn't think beyond very much.
    Last edited by char GG; 09-20-2022 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post directly before yours

If I were presented with the situation now, no, I wouldn't. I think women rightfully feel like their personal space has been invaded if I were to try their clothes on without permission.

When I was younger? Oh sure, I'd like to say I wouldn't....but I did on a couple of occasions.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    This quandary really ignites the curiosity for certain.

If such a situation were present while being a guest in somebody's home, and I opened the closet to find one or more beautiful dresses that I suspect or knew would fit...
    Yes, I'd certainly be tempted but I would not try them on. Thinking back to childhood and teen years and trying on a few of my mother's items I look back and feel bad for doing so without asking permission. I wouldn't hold it against anyone else as such gems are incredibly rare to find in a well-fitting size but I would not want to do it even though I'd be kicking myself for ever even looking to begin with.

However...

Depending on who the host was, and if they knew much about my life, I might be inclined to dip into the rare but willing side of me to concoct a story. Something along the lines of casually bringing up my discovery of the outfits and that my niece, who lives out of province, would absolutely love some of those dresses; they even look to be a similar size! Would you be interested in donating or selling them? My sister-in-law can alter them to fit perfectly to her. I would definitely take the chance on the sizes and fork out some coin if the dresses looked to be a fit.

This idea may not sound smooth on paper but actually is rather feasible as I am not averse to discussing most topics with men or women; it comes rather naturally. It actually worked once many moons ago when my then boss's wife had a bag of similar wares she was going to recycle (she had brought them to the office.) I had known her for a few years so felt safe discussing with her. I casually indicated that if she was okay with the idea she could donate the clothes to my wife's school for the kids to play dress up with. Mrs. Boss loved the idea and she never asked about the clothes again. Incredible that we were similar size and I gained a couple of lovely blouses and a dress. The clothing eventually wound up in the local clothing donation centre anyways it just took a little longer.

In my youth, yes! Without a doubt. Today? Not a chance. I just don't feel it would be right.
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

As adults, we should know boundaries, and have our own dresses.

Not while staying with someone else but on just one occasion, while someone was staying with us. As a favour to a friend we offered to accommodate a couple who were going to a wedding locally and needed somewhere to stay. They arrived on Friday evening and the wedding wasn't until Saturday afternoon. I would guess the wife was in her mid to late thirties - close to my own age at the time. The couple decided to spend Saturday morning visiting a popular attraction some distance away, planning to return at lunch time to get ready for the wedding. I went to the bedroom they were using to open a window and empty a waste bin and found that the woman had left her smart dress hanging on the outside of the wardrobe door while, on the bed, were some new tights and a panty corselette - obviously her special underwear for a smart wedding! I didn't dare try the dress or open the packet containing the tights but the corselette, a Playtex 18-hour one, was too great a temptation. At the time I didn't possess a corselette but had always wondered what it was like to wear one.

I quickly stripped and put on some panties and a pair of tights and then, rather nervoulsly - and being careful to note exactly how the garment had been left on the bed - stepped into the corselette. I confess to enjoying the experience but was very disappointed. Although the corselette was about my size, it was very stretchy and lacked the firmness I expected. Its stretchiness allowed it to fit me quite well in length and the shoulder straps felt good but the overall feeling was unexciting and I made a mental note not ever to bother with Playtex 18-hour foundations. The garment was soon taken off and left exactly as found. I did, though, take particular note of how the woman looked as she left the house to go to the wedding that afternoon, knowing exactly what lay beneath her dress.

Well...we were visiting my grandmother at her big old house in Northern Michigan. My mother and two brothers were out somewhere. and I was a bit bored so with permission, I explored grandma's old attic. Old door in a corner of the kitchen. Steep dark stairs. Old fashioned light switch from about 1925. Old wooden toy sailboats, dusty old fashioned suitcases, coloring books from my aunts and uncles young years, and random storage. Bats in the attic making tiny squeaks and fluttering noises. Creepy.
    But then I came upon some clothes hanging in yellowed plastic in a dark corner--and there was a beautiful yellow formal dress. Probably a prom dress from about 1949. Probably my aunts.

I quickly tried it on. So beautiful, so lacy and the full skirt was puffed out by yards of stiff lace.
    But then...my grandmother shouted up the stairs, "Lunch time. What are you up to? "
    I am sure I turned white with panic.
    "Just playing with the toy boats."
    Lucky for me, the narrow dark stairs were to steep for my older grandmother to negotiate easily. So I promised I would be down to, "Eat lunch in a minute!"
    I then really had to hurry.

LOL!

Hugs,
    Jennifer
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 09-22-2022 at 10:55 AM.

I'd be too ashamed to admit the number of women I've borrowed clothes from when I found some in the guest room. I know it's bad, but we all make teenage mistakes. Today I can have my own clothes so I would resist the temptation of a pretty dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Burton View Post
    My wife did not wear a traditional wedding gown for our wedding, it being the second for both of us. However, she did wear a lovely ivory dress with the frills and lace you describe. Currently it is in a dress bag in the same closet where I keep all my dresses and clothes. We are very close in size. The temptation is great.
    You have to do it

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Probably not, it would be weird I think. If I saw something I truly wanted to try on I may make a joke if was visible to everyone saying something about putting it on for a joke, all my friends wouldn?t go for it though

The fact you had asked for advice kinda shows you have doubts.

Here is the thing I've been mulling over. By the fact you are here and sharing our collective secret from your own perspective carries a ton of weight. You and me and all the other sisters in this forum have pretty much declared, 'This is who I am.'

On that, I won't and really can not judge you on your decision. Truth is ... I totally would try them on. Even if it's a hot minute and I get the twist in your panties about being a guest.

You do you. I get it.

When I was younger, I probably would have risked it.
    As I matured a bit, I came to respect boundaries more.
    These days, I wouldn't try them on, but I still might feel the material or hold them up in front of myself and imagine wearing them.
    But I wouldn't actually do it.
    I'd WANT to, but I wouldn't.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I would fanaticize about it, but not actually do it. The very thought of being caught would be horrific enough to effectively curb any action on my part. I remember having to mind the local art gallery for a day or two, many years ago. Exploring, on an upper floor, I discovered a Ballet practice room, with lots of Tutus and longer dance dresses hanging about.--- A big turn on, for sure. But no way would I try some on----They did fuel some Fantasy scenarios though.