Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going out for Halloween

Going out for Halloween

Hi ladies, how many of you are going out dressed for Halloween?

Almost never miss a chance to dress on Halloween, at pre-parties/dinners.

This year it will be a choice between a Minnie Mouse type outfit, or my Star Trek Strange New Worlds, Una Chin-Riley Number 1 minidress-tunic uniform.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

In negotiations. Either some boring death cloak or full morticia addams.

I am going to a meetup on the 29th and will be going as a flapper.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Unfortunately, no. I will be with my wife in Hawaii, so no sale (although Hawaii is a pretty good reason to miss Halloween).
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Rainbow resort.

Now that the "pandemic" is over, maybe we can get back to pre-pandemic pandemonium.
    Last edited by VtVicky; 09-19-2022 at 09:59 PM. Reason: spelling

I do have plans this year. Technically Halloween is on Monday the 31st and I have a job to go to. So it looks like I’ll be going into work dressed up. Thinking about a 50s Mad Men office girl look.
    Rebecca Bas

Reality Check
    Dressing as a woman for Halloween is very tempting, but as crossdressers, we are tempted to do a really good job of it and people are going to figure out that we do this more than once a year.

How many non-crossdressers own quality breast forms? Hip and butt padding? Properly fitting women's shoes? A quality wig? How many non-crossdressers shave their arm and leg hair?

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but you really need to keep this in mind if you are going somewhere where people may know you and if you aren't yet "out" as a crossdresser.
    Krisi

Platinum Member
    No plans at all. I might just go out to dinner. I think I am getting too old for the bar scene. Besides, one never knows how the weather will behave over that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Dressing as a woman for Halloween is very tempting, but as crossdressers, we are tempted to do a really good job of it and people are going to figure out that we do this more than once a year.

How many non-crossdressers own quality breast forms? Hip and butt padding? Properly fitting women's shoes? A quality wig? How many non-crossdressers shave their arm and leg hair?

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but you really need to keep this in mind if you are going somewhere where people may know you and if you aren't yet "out" as a crossdresser.
    I agree if you have strong concerns about being outed but my thought has always been some costumes are hard to put together and may not always work out. I tried a Mr Peanut costume one year and it was horrible. The nice thing about dressing as a woman is that it should be easy to put together. Buying womens clothes is easy and readily available. Cosmetics are available and YouTube videos can explain how you did it yourself. Don’t be afraid to do a good job on your costume, just accept the compliments. I’ve also found that self deprecation helps too.
    Rebecca Bas

My hubby dresses like a woman, in a woman costume (princess, showgirl, bridesmaid...) for a party that we go to. Our friend showed up dressed like a woman and it just looked like a woman who didn't bother to wear a costume.

Just my opinion, dressing "like a woman" just looks like a crossdresser seizing the opportunity to dress. That's ok. Dress however you like.
    Last edited by char GG; 09-20-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Dressing as a woman for Halloween is very tempting, but as crossdressers, we are tempted to do a really good job of it and people are going to figure out that we do this more than once a year. How many non-crossdressers own quality breast forms? Hip and butt padding? Properly fitting women's shoes? A quality wig? How many non-crossdressers shave their arm and leg hair? I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but you really need to keep this in mind if you are going somewhere where people may know you and if you aren't yet "out" as a crossdresser.
    So true. I am not one for the bar scene and was never really a party goer. In days past with kids it was usually taking kids around trick or treating or answer the knock at the door. However, on two Halloweens after the kids and wife were tucked into bed I did venture forth fully en femme; full makeup and fake nails. Since there was no party to attend all I did was go into retail establishments to buy party type food stuffs. At the time I thought it was an adventurous thing to do since I would have been scared to death to do it on any other day.

Krisi is right. I was at my local Fred Meyer (Kroger) one Halloween and I overheard two female associates watching a co-worker who was off duty parading throughout the store fully en femme as a woman and not as a female cartoon character. They were supposing he was a cross dresser. It was the same during those "Walk a Mile In Her Shoes" fund raiser at work. The women were looking for and guessing which guys were walking just a little bit to like a woman in high heels. In either situation there was no expressed negativity about the guys. Just trying to guess.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    My friends and I were at the city clubs all the time and got special treatment because they liked the edgieness we provided. Then Halloween rolls around and we get treated like any other guy who put on a dress for the night. We lost our specialness (and special treatment). Almost better to stay in. House parties were a better answer for that night.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Always have always will. Costume events begin here 2 weeks before Halloween!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

As much as I would love to dress for a Halloween party i will not but the thought of seeing the look on my friends faces seeing me dressed to nines in my finest dress, pads and accessories would be priceless. I always smile when I hear someone say they saw a man dressed as a woman at a Halloween party that had no problem walking in heels and he must be a crossdresser.

I've no party I know of at this time, but since I'm new to this I think I will celebrate the season by simply putting on something nice - perhaps one of my "professional" looks - and going shopping at the mall. We'll see how many notice!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Kristi hit the nail on the head! I am too old for the Halloween dress-up nonsense anymore but yes, I once had a built up head of steam and went out dressed with shaved legs, garter hose and 5 inch black patent leather heels--heels that were in MY size! I had long hair and did too good a job with the curling iron for the Farrah Fawcett swept hair style, and did a bit too good with the cosmetics. I only wore cut-off jeans and just a regular front button Munsingwear (penguin logo) short sleeve shirt but once out and about it only took a moment to realize, yeah I'd overdone it. The sneers and whispers went on for months because I had done too good a job. Way beyond the football jock wearing a bra with oranges for boobs and a grass skirt with his socks pulled down and tennis shoes and his pants rolled up under the skirt. That got a laugh, my outfit only got gasps. Some woman even asked where I could even find stockings to fit my 6-3 frame! Busted!

Kerry- Morticia!! Long black wiggle dress w/ the bottom frayed out! Such a fun look.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Sorry- I have no desire of dressing en femme for Halloween. For many of the reasons put forth here. I just may go the opposite way (guy pirate, Daniel Boone, Mr. Rourke) to throw anyone who has some inclination to my nature off the proverbial scent.

Always. This year I may get to hit as many as 4 different events. Different outfit for each of them. Grin..

halloween is not that big here in the netherlands but some places do celebrate halloween.
    same goes for my local pub. i'd like to do something as well. but not ready to out myself.

still pondering what costume to go for

Not a big thing here in the UK. So no plans no events to attend . Went to a halloween parade in New York in 2014 when on holiday. It?s definitely another level in US.

Years ago, I was down in destin Fl on business. I always stopped into a Hooters, made friends with a lovely waitress. I convinced her to sell me a full uniform, shorts, tights/hose, socks, tank top, pouch. All I needed was a wig and sneakers. I also convinced a local friend to dress up with me. At the time I did not have a breast plate or forms. I made a bra out of a undershirt and stuffed it with socks. We ended up going out to Hooters and having a blast. Then we stopped at a friends friends house party and once again was the hit of the party. I couldn?t believe the amount of GG walking up and feeling up my legs, memorized by the fact I was wearing pantyhose. One girl must of been a waitress before as she took the time to fix and fluff my socks the right way for me. I was completely in heaven. I?m not out to the world but being in a different area and not caring who saw me there, along with a lot of liquid courage made the night so much fun. I have to agree be careful if you plan on going out local as it may out you. If you don?t care or are out great memories can be had. Take care, have fun and be safe.

Love N

I'm going to a bar in Maine for their annual Halloween party.
    I'll be a cat, since I already have a cat suit.... with a few extras. And wifey will be a mouse, since she's only 4' 11" lol.

I only went out one time for Halloween.
    It was not all that much fun for me.

I went with my wife and kids, but my wife deserted me and went off to talk to her friends,
    left the kids and I alone at the table with people we did not know
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Actually, I never had the urge to go out as Barbara on Halloween ...which actually means 'Hollow's eve"

A "Hallow" is a fallen spirit that is born from a regular spirit that has lingered in the living world in some form after death.

So, originally was "All Hollow's Eve" which became "Halloween"..... to be beware of Hallows
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 10-24-2022 at 09:20 PM. Reason: spelling