Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something new happened to me this week

You've certainly got a real keeper there!

It sounds like it's time to sit down and chat about just how much you want to do, how often, and how much is going to be "too much" for her.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing I could get the same response from my wife.

Congratulations! My thought is that she has known or atleast had suspected. At any rate Good for you.

That is a dream come true Georgia! Thank you so much for sharing your story it gives many of us hope to hear your wife?s reaction.

Thank all you for your kind comments. I'm sure she knew I was still crossdressing but just didn't want to embarrass me. It would be very hard to hide this activity for that long! Like I wrote, DADT. Yes, she is a gem. Yes, I plan to go slow and let her process everything. When it comes to our life together all I can think of is the title to one of Paul Simon's songs: Still crazy after all these years.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

This is only the second thread I have looked at today ,both positive references in regards to relationships. Part of what I keep hidden is my emotions,and I cannot lie, I have tears in my eyes right now. May this be the start of a wonderful new chapter in your lives.
    I don't know why , but I am .

Wow Georgia what a great story. May I add how lucky you are with her reaction and acceptance, even though she knew you did dress. Kudos to you and your wife for handling things so maturely and calmly.

Congratulations! I am so jealous!!!
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

Gigi, if I were in your shoes I think I'd fall apart in tears of happiness! Congrats!

Great story, Gigi! Thank you for sharing. Please don't take this as carte blanche to wander around the house dress, but maybe your wife will be a little more welcoming to seeing you en femme. Let her take the lead on how much she wants to interact with you while you are dressed as Gigi!

Good for you, Gigi! This is what we all want, for sure! It would not have played out this way unless you had lovingly attended to other parts of your relationship. Please update us after a bit to let us know how things are going?

That is awesome Gigi.
    great that all is out in the open now and life can just be enjoyed.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Gigi, what a beautiful story. You have an awesome wife who now deserves something special from you. I wonder what that could be. A girl's night out to the theatre? I'm so happy for you. Cheers, Victoria.

I truly envy you, Gigi.

I've been married for 51 years now, and my own "outing" experience (also back in the 1970's) was far different from yours. I was in our basement recreation room trying on a new pair of heels (but otherwise in drab) late one night and long after I thought my wife had gone to sleep when she suddenly appeared out of nowhere at the top of the stairs. Upon seeing me in my heels, she promptly fainted. It's been DADT ever since, and continuing to move at glacial speed with only the occasional (yet fleeting) glimmer of acceptance.

Since it took you 50 years, maybe there is still some hope for me - LOL!