Thread: Nerd Thread: Anyone else look into the costumes of TNG or any of the Star Trek series

Nerd Thread: Anyone else look into the costumes of TNG or any of the Star Trek series

I've been going through the Star Trek series one by one ... again. Something of a 2-3 year habit of mine (Voyager is my favorite). Like re-reading a favorite book. Two that I read often would be Dune or The Name Of The Rose. Anyway, now that I'm looking through pink eyes I have found myself saying, "Wow, that is really cute." Like Crusher's head band (see pic). It's a simple cord all tied up in a simple knot. Ingenious!

I apologize for not knowing whom it was who started a thread about 'finding her style' but I feel ... think, that the elements of finding ones style are all around us. Essentially taking what we like from all the input that we get and sort of pick and choose how we to want portray ourselves.

So I have a great wig that is prefect for adding a bit of counter-color to a outfit I've been planning. Thank you space opera from the 80's. No promises on modelling it for you.

Chrissy out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not funny. What I am is brave.

Lucille Ball

Wow.. I can't believe you posted this!!!

I love Crusher!! She's so pretty!!

A few years ago I watched them all in order, on demand. Now I'm watching it on one of those retro channels.

I want a few uniforms. Not going to lie! I'd like a blue medical skant, an original series dress... 🤔 The away team coat from twok, another monster maroon.

Gates Mcfadden has grown older with everything you love about her intact. Even more beautiful.

Oh yes. Nurse Chapel. I feel ya. So close to being a micro mini .. but not quite. So close for network TV.

Lucille Ball

I'm more of a Deanna Troi fan.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Huge TOS fan. Lots of fun female costumes there. TNG came into its own over time, initially wasn't impressed. I felt the costumes were way more drab than TOS. Really like the TOS movie uniforms, well except for the first ones. Just hate they got rid of the skirts.
    Roxie

If only my closeted self could get away with it, I would make me a TOS uniform, engineering. Yeoman Barrow from Shore Leave looked so stunning -- I can dream, can't I?

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I'm more of a Deanna Troi fan.
    So am I.

Love ST. I?d personally love to have some of the gowns and outfits the women wore on the original series.

Was hoping that someone would post this here and yes Absolutely love ST (TNG is my fave but love all the series). Always wanted to have a copy od Deanna Troi's blue dress from the 3rd and 4th Seasons. It just looked gorgeous and she looked like a princess but was very uncomfortable to wear apparently.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Count me in too ladies. So am I. That blue dress of hers always worked for me and was one of the reasons why I start crossdressing in the first place believe it or not.

Ohh I think I remember that dress. Ok admittedly Troi is more curvy than Crusher and fills it nicely.

Just saw the episode 'Perfect Mate' and the gowns Framke Janssen gets to wear are stunning!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Geena75 View Post
    If only my closeted self could get away with it, I would make me a TOS uniform, engineering. Yeoman Barrow from Shore Leave looked so stunning -- I can dream, can't I?
    So sultry! Seems to be a little more than a smock dress. Like a professional 'go-go' dress. Time was right. Late sixties. I wonder if there are any old patterns out there. Butterick or something.

I have a Star Trek themed top. I wore it to work the last Halloween before I started telecommuting due to Covid. This was before I got my hip pads. Looking at this picture really makes me miss them.

Attachment 331283

I thought the outfits on Deep Space 9 were more interesting than the ones they wore on the starships.
    Last edited by Patience; 09-23-2022 at 11:19 AM.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I'm really coming over to the Troi side. Just watched 'Fistful of Data's'.

Ms. Sirtis is really freaking hot as Durango. Tight red leather leggings and the top is like one of a kind cute. The whole thing is cos worthy.

I love all things Star Trek. And would love to have an original female uniform like below. Not so much STNG because they mostly wore pant suits. And you know me an pants. Though seven of nine was hot in hers (in Voyager not hers in the new Picard series).

42C3B25F-BDF2-47C7-B214-4539C6362544.jpg

I always dreamt of a transporter mishap that would allow me to change into a female body! Lol. One to beam up, Scotty.
    Last edited by Karren H; 09-24-2022 at 05:19 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Looking cute in a TOS mini-dress uniform has been one of my crossdressing goals from the beginning. I bought one back in the spring for a crossdresser met-up Halloween party in mid October. Can't wait to wear it!! I'll definitely be posting pics!!

Love Trek!! I looked at some TOS dress outfits once on some nerdy website, but didn't take the plunge. Who can forget Jadzia in a TOS outfit (Trials and Tribbleations, I think?)

Also remember Encounter at Farpoint, where in an early scene a guy walked by in a skirt. Wish they would have kept that style, but I'm sure there was some backlash. Although the TNG male dress uniforms were pretty much dresses over slacks.

In the first season there were men who wore skants as dresses with no pants.

I'd think they'd look equally good with leggings. With pants makes them look like scrubs or something which is ok for medical blue. But seems weird to me for other colors.
    Last edited by Erika_M; 09-24-2022 at 08:36 PM.

Lt. Newkirk reporting here! I'm a lifelong fan and am old enough to remember watching the original on our old black and white TV. For fashion, I always remember wardrobe master William Ware Theiss' "Theiss Titillation Theory", which claims that "the degree to which a costume is considered sexy is directly proportional to how accident-prone it appears to be".

CaptainNewkirkWithTricorder-Small.jpg

I have a Star Trek book from TOS and it has sample patterns of the uniforms. It would be a stretch, but I think I could do it except for my situation.

Definitely like the TOS uniforms over the jumpsuit TNG styles. Found it funny in that the first episode of TNG had some of the TOS uniform styles for the women.
    Would be fun to try one on.

Ladies, sorry about not getting back. I've been hurricane prepping. I'm sure Erika knows what I'm talking about.

Geena, if you have a file I'll host it. If nothing else I would like to see it.

Loving the ST energy guys. As far as first posts go, I couldn't have asked for a better response. Much love and thank you.

Lucille Ball

I'm a pantyhose lover and the TOS with these super short minidresses showing hosed legs everywhere is of course a tease for me. But as much as it can be, I can't help looking with consternation at the way women were pictured then, mostly reduced to hollow characters decorating the stage and feasting the eye of the male audience of the sixties.
    I can't help either wondering what people would have thought of a Kert Rats show where women would have worn pants and men would have all been dressed with the cutest tiny briefs showing off their pretty legs and smoochable butts at every corner of a scene... Netflix, if you are reading...

I love that episode.