Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I told my wife

My situation was completely different I didn't tell my wife she told me.

Emi, You did it and it was the correct decision. The guilt and shame can be terrible, many of us have been there. Good luck going forward!
    Crissy

Hi Emi, I can completely empathize. I went through a similar situation many years ago. The guilt built up to the point that I just had to tell my wife. Although you have crossed a major hurdle, don't get too comfortable. Respect her boundaries. Give her a little space by not talking about it for a while. But if she still seems tense or uncomfortable after a week or two, give her an opening to talk about. My wife and I have had numerous ups and downs with respect to my crossdressing over the years. The best way through the valleys is to always keep communication lines open and be understanding of her feelings and needs, while not making promises that you can't keep.

Thanks for the well wishes and advice. I certainly plan to take it slow!

Quote Originally Posted by AmyJordan View Post
    My situation was completely different I didn't tell my wife she told me.
    You have to explain this ❤️❤️

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Emi View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes and advice. I certainly plan to take it slow!
    Just curious? What part of Michigan? Glad your talk went well

The part that worries me, is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Emi View Post
    She asked if I needed to talk to someone to resolve this
    My ex also thought that it was just a matter of getting therapy, and then the crossdressing would stop. After a few years of seeing a therapist, however, it finally became obvious to her that the need to crossdress was never going to go away, her attitude changed, and she insisted on a divorce about six months later.

So, good luck. And watch for any potential changes in attitude.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi HarleyGirl this isn't my post so I won't make it about me, but as you asked my life now started with my wife turning my love for nylons and her desire to be warm in bed and asking me to wear them into me now as pictured in the gallery section, a stay at home fully dressed doll. Unusual for most I appreciate but we couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    The part that worries me, is this:

My ex also thought that it was just a matter of getting therapy, and then the crossdressing would stop. After a few years of seeing a therapist, however, it finally became obvious to her that the need to crossdress was never going to go away, her attitude changed, and she insisted on a divorce about six months later.

So, good luck. And watch for any potential changes in attitude.
    I hear ya, thing is she will look for an answer until she knows there isn't one. We talked about research and from mine it's pretty clear that there is no "cure".

We're a small town over the past 10-15 years there are a number of divorces and unfortunately suicides that didn't make sense. I'm not so sure some of them didn't involve this very subject.

Emi