Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressing vs being en Femme

I practice with makeup at home, but when I go out, I just wear a covid mask (masks and makeup don't mix).

I like to be in full femme when I go out, but am more relaxed about it at home. Sometimes I'll do a quick errand in my home fem setup.

I don't change my voice significantly or my behavior.
    Last edited by Patience; 09-23-2022 at 10:47 AM.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I basically live full time as a woman at home . Keep in mind that I have no family in the area and I am now 76 years old.
    I also ware panties and a bra basically 24/7, even in male mode.
    So i dress more or less full time as any woman would do when just at home which includes sleeping a night gown etc.
    That is my own long grey hair which I tie back in male mode.

However, the only time I do my makeup is when I go out in public as Barbara, shopping, etc.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 09-23-2022 at 09:24 AM.

Banned Read only
    A long time ago I ditched the makeup when I am dressing at home. It's too much of a bother to apply and remove. If I am going out for an evening drive and stroll I will wear light makeup. As a sufferer of male pattern baldness I do wear a wig all the time. I do not use hip or butt padding. Female mannerisms come naturally now.

Wendy, dress however your want. If it brings you joy and happiness that is all that matters. I enjoy wearing skirts, dresses, leggings, heels and flats, but not makeup and wigs. I almost exclusively wear panties, and often a bra under my drab clothes. At home i generally am in legging and flats. I enjoy the clothes, but don't really have much of a girly side. Make-up and wigs are not for me, too much work for too little reward. I do not go out in public dressed. If I did, I think i would still skip the makeup and wigs, and not try to present female, just go out being my male self in cute feminine clothing.

Gretchen I am a lot like you. The voice doesn't like the change but my actions a totally neutral. It is the feel of the clothes that I like. I do go out about once a month over in Duluth, GA (Atlanta GA area).
    Also I am now officially 79. That makes me 21. (100 - 79 = 21 years young)
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

It's all or nothing for me either in or out of the house . For whatever the reason I just love to dressed to the 9th all the time .

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie3210 View Post
    Wendy, dress however your want. If it brings you joy and happiness that is all that matters. I enjoy wearing skirts, dresses, leggings, heels and flats, but not makeup and wigs. I almost exclusively wear panties, and often a bra under my drab clothes. At home i generally am in legging and flats. I enjoy the clothes, but don't really have much of a girly side. Make-up and wigs are not for me, too much work for too little reward. I do not go out in public dressed. If I did, I think i would still skip the makeup and wigs, and not try to present female, just go out being my male self in cute feminine clothing.
    Sounds like we have a similar mindset! My main reason in asking this question was probably, like many things here, is to feel like one is not alone in something :-).
    I have a lot of time at home due to working from home and family going to school and working so I can mostly dress in what and how I like - unless I have to be on camera then the top is my normal male self.

"I enjoy the clothes, but don't really have much of a girly side."
    Me too. I wear skirts and dresses all the time. Anywhere.
    A hobby for me is my huge collection from thrift stores.

All or nothing for me. My adult son still lives at home. He knows and is accepting, and usually sees me as I come and go. But I can't bring my self to dress around the house when he's around.

I dress twice a year, at home, and I want it an experience to remember. Only full nines will cut it.

If I?m dressed it?s to be en femme?

I was in the all or nothing group but I had the time and opportunity to do makeup and fully dress in order to go out. Then my kids have one by one moved back home after college, curtailing my dressing. Then Covid hit and my wife was working from home and we are in DADT so to avoid WW III breaking out Jennifer is back in the closet. Due to a company reorganization my wife was offered a great early retirement package so now she is here 24/7 to watch over me. My forays out of the closet now involve underdressing in bras and panties when I go out and dressing in bra, panties, and a dress with no makeup or wig after everyone has gone to bed. Not my ideal choice but just 10 minutes wearing a pair of panties will be enough to calm me, soothe me, take the edge off, calm the anxiety. It?s not as dangerous as self medicating with alcohol, other substances, gambling, etc.

Aspiring Member
    There is a book entitled The Lazy Crossdresser. Some of its tips make it worth reading.

Abby, I have that book and highly recommend it. It's good advice and just a fun read.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Never dress to be en femme.
    Not trying to pass for anyone, just dressing for my own comfort.
    Just a guy in a pretty dress,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

100% MIAD, unless I'm in a skirt, then I'm MIAS, or Daisy Dukes, then I'm MIDD. I do shave first, nothing quite as non-sexy as a man with stubble in a sundress, but Stevie Wonder could see from across the street that I'm a guy.

Nice to hear others with a similar approach. I will have to check out the book "The Lazy Crossdresser".

Reality Check
    For me, it's "Krisi" or "Homer". There is no "Kromer". I am either dressed or not. Dressed means wig, boobs, and hip padding, plus clothing, of course. I may not be wearing makeup or jewelry if I'm just at home and I don't consider heels to be a necessary part of dressing (I wear flats).
    Krisi

hello Wendy,
    I love cross-dressing too! I am not trying to be female.
    Lazy or not - as long as we enjoy it then it is fine.
    luv J

I can?t really feel fully feminine unless I have makeup and a wig, but that doesn?t mean I don?t experience a femme state of mind regardless of my state of dress. All part of being NB/gender fluid.