Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing vs being en Femme

Dressing vs being en Femme

I am curious how many of you approach behaviors and things such as voice and make-up when dressing. Almost 90% of the time I'm just dressing feminely, but not really femme meaning just going about my normal day in heels, hosiery, dress but no wig, makeup, "shaping", or femme behaviors. Only time I add more is when I'm taking photos. It seems that others go further than this more often. Maybe I'm a lazy cross-dresser.... :-)

Platinum Member
    I get dressed and made up completely if I happen to be venturing out, which is typically several times a week. For everyday, around the house casual, I typically do a little eyeshadow, lipstick and a wig, just so I feel a bit more complete.

Around the house I am more casual. Shorts, t-shirt/blouse, undergarments. No wig, makeup. That is all reserved for going out.

For me either I dress fully or forget it. The process takes about 1 hour being careful with my makeup and eyelashes and all.

Wendy,

I go out 4-5 times per week and its usually in a skirt, top, panties, bra, forms, wig, jewelry but the only make-up I wear is lipstick and occasionally concealer to soften the bags under my eyes. I wear sunglasses when outside & tinted glasses when inside to cover my eyes.

At home it usually just bra, forms & panties during the warm weather and I add a silky robe when its cooler. I don't bother with the wig, make-up or jewelry indoors.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

I am with Natalie on this, it is either everything or nothing . . . though I have to admit that I am apparently not as proficient with makeup, etc. as I am almost always need "1hour+" to get ready!
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

Being new I've been commenting I'm mostly in mom jeans lol no fancy getups 😂 but I guess it's something to aspire to

All or nothing.

Circumstances dictate the situation for me. Non accepting wife and 2 daughters at home restricts my activity. Hence grabbed moments fully dressed but no makeup up as too risky. Every little counts and something is always better than nothing.

Aspiring Member
    i dress at home though no forms or wigs or much makeup. underdress plus a bit more when outside. never en femne.

I tend to dress situationally. Sometimes I do makeup only if I am experimenting with an idea, and if I take an early morning walk en femme in my neighborhood it is usually without makeup, as it takes about an hour to do right. I just recently started venturing outside and I have done full makeup in those situations. I must take every advantage to appear more femme! But I've got to work on the voice - I accidentally startled a cashier at WaWa by forgetting and using my regular baritone just saying "Thank you". The expression on her face was classic though!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I used to be in the all or nothing and a dress or skirt, after 52 years I have learned to enjoy it "period." Nothing wrong with either way as long as you are enjoying the experience. Now I do all of the previously mentioned, just to suit the mood or occasion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I have only been out of the house fully en femme on 2 occasions. I have also been completely dressed with wig and makeup on likely 10 occasions at home. However, I am dressed in stockings, panties, bra, forms, and dress, or nightie, every day/night at home. I would "go all the way" except my wife has told me she'd rather not see me with makeup & wig. I'm planning to speak with her about that soon and will ask her to reconsider that boundary.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U sound more like trans a, Wendy. I'm a CD and I know quite a few others. We don't need to dress all the time.

But, when we do? It's ALL THE WAY!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I need to dress fully with wig and light makeup at the very least.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

I where what I feel like wearing when I feel like it. I do makeup when I feel like it or when to occasion makes me think about it, which means I don't wear much make up most of the time. i do have an Air Brush set up too (I like the thinner layers of make-up it gives you). I rarely have a five o'clock shadow.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I only dress en femme when going out in public; makeup, jewelry, painted nails, the whole nine yards. Otherwise, just dressing at home, I skip the makeup.
    Last edited by ColletteC; 09-22-2022 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Initially I maybe mimicked femme when I dressed, just enjoying the feeling of the clothes. Now, even if I hardly do anything beyond dressing up, I get 'femme' in my walk, posture, gestures. I just feel it.

I vary my efforts depending on circumstances. During my two "home alone" weeks this year, I dressed up all the way the first day or two, and then, as the week wore on, I didn't put on makeup unless I was going out. Mentally, I compared it to what a normal woman (modeled by my wife) might do: if I'm not going to be seen by anyone, then I just want to be comfortably clothed. As for my voice, if I'm on the phone, it's with someone who only knows "Bob", but if I'm dealing with a store clerk or something, I'm going to try to sound femme. (I probably don't succeed, based on the time I was "sirred" at the Taco Bell drive-through.)
    Last edited by nancy58; 09-22-2022 at 08:34 PM.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

If Im going out it has to be perfect.
    Perfect makeup and jewelry.
    Clothing to match the venue - always has to be stylish no tacky stuff.

Sitting around the house or garden - Just a skirt and top and sketchers (training shoes). No wigs or forms.

Im lucky because my family and friends know about Ellie - My wife is always supportive and the neighbors are great. At the moment only one of my neighbors has seen me fully dressed but she was fantastic with it.
    The other neighbors have all seen me in skirts and tops though.

My voice - is passable but I am doing voice training - I would recommend all serious outdoor CDs to try. Look for Youtube videos on Voice feminization. There are heaps of them. It makes all the difference when you understand the science behind the voice.
    My only worry is if I bump into someone from work - That would be bad and hard to come to terms with.
    Last edited by Ellie52; 09-22-2022 at 08:49 PM.

In my way of thought, I absolutely could not go to the next level without getting my voice right. Everything else I think I had covered. I've always been horrible singing or doing accents, so it took me a long, long time, about 2 years, of constant practice.

Once I finally found my voice, I knew I was ready.

Hmmm - I would not have ever thought of myself as trans. Certainly no dysphoria or thoughts to change. I feel strange that I just like to wear femme clothing some of the time, but perfectly content and happy as male self.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I often feel feminine in drab. When opportunity is there I will dress to both look and feel feminine together. We are who we are. Though we are not always as we appear.

I have adult children in my home, so I don't get to dress at home. Therefore, I only dress when heading out and fully dress. I get ready at a hotel.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I rarely dress fully as I don't go out. But my normal attire and interaction behavior trends toward hints of being fairly female-like. Gentle voice, a modicum of female mannerisms and expressions, which is fairly normal for me. That said I can also be quite male-like as well. An advantage of having a very broad and adaptive identity range, but I'd rather have a narrower one on the female-like side of middle. Just not that way. So, I am mostly casual. Of course, at 77 it is very difficult to exhibit the younger woman appearance so many of you are so good at presenting, partly because you simply are younger. Don't get old!!