Thread: Trans and Crossdressers in the real world

Trans and Crossdressers in the real world

How many people here regularly, or even occasionally, see other crossdressers, or trans people out and about in the real world? Here I don't mean in pubs, clubs, groups and places like that. What I mean is essentially during the day, doing the normal things that any person does when out and about. As I've said here before I'm a fully out, socially transitioned person and have been for years now, and yes, from time to time, I see others like me out and about. I take the view that trans visability (yes, I know that many here are CD and would not call themselves trans, and I respect that, but I'm using the term here specifically as a coverall for those presenting the real world in a gender not assigned at birth (I don't want this thread to descend into a debate about what CD is and what trans is and labels and all of that. This is about people seen in the real world)), I take the view that trans visability is a good thing as it normalises the trans community.

Anyway, this weekend I was out in our local town and went into a bookshop. When I went in there were two of us in the shop, me and the person whose shop it was (not trans). A couple of minutes later a second person came in. They were a trans person too. Then, a couple of minutes later another trans person came into the shop. This person was, as we all were unconnected with anyone else in the shop. This meant that there were four people in the shop and three of us were trans. No, there wasn't any kind of convention or anything like that. This was a normal Saturday afternoon in the local town. And, to end everything off, a little later I went into a charity shop to see if they had any bargains (they didn't, ), but the person behind the till there was also a trans person. I thought this was teriffic, (at least) four trans people out and about in the real world, in the same town centre, on the same Saturday afternoon. Long live trans visibility

Silver Member
    I see trans people occasionally in my town. I see one F2M regularly at my local supermarket, and one M2F works at a local second hand shop I frequent.

(I actually see trans people almost every day since I work with trans people, but there are a few I see around town that I don't know personally.)

I saw a trans sister in a restaurant in Oxford recently. 1st trans person outside of a group etc I have seen for years. She was well presented and make up was immaculate. What gave her away was an id pass worn around her neck. It indicated she was attending a TG conference in the town. Not seen anyone in the North West UK where I live for years. Think I will have to move to where you live Suranne wherever that may be.

I would imagine I see trans persons frequently, because unless their presentation is not very good or over the top glam you tend not to notice. In those instances, you might discreetly look for clues which tell you one way or the other, but you go about your business. Knowing this is true for most folks, and dressing to blend rather than stand out, has helped to give me confidence to step out myself.
    Last edited by Kris Burton; 09-26-2022 at 03:44 AM. Reason: wording
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Already an ongoing thread as closets (above) gave you the link .
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator